V2 Ch 77. Endgame
419 75 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two small dots were circling above the citadel.

The garrison soldiers at first thought that it was just a couple of birds which decided to fly around but after the explosions began, they understood that something is off…

Your Majesty, you should take cover!

If we all are about to die then it is better to die like men, not like cowards.

Two men were standing near the entrance to the underground part of the citadel but neither of them entered. The emperor still had a bit of hope. The explosions were happening not only inside the citadel but also around it, so the fortress might not be the primary target. Not to mention there was still a back-up plan…

“We are almost ready!” A man in a robe reported.

Usually the head of the court mages would not be concerned with a possible magical attack on the capital because there is little to no way anybody could bring enough mages to challenge the defenders. The most professional of mages served the emperor, and he was the best of them. He fought in many battles and seen the worst. But when huge explosions happen all of a sudden and there is no way to stop them, even the most confident people would be shaken.

KABOOM

Another explosion happened within the walls of the citadel. When the dust settled the defenders were thrown into desperation as they saw that the main structure has collapsed. It contained both the barracks and the supply storage of the fortress. All of the food and water, the majority of weapons and munitions, and even some of the defenders were buried under the rubble.

The citadel never succumbed to any kind of an attack for which it was called ‘Indestructible’ but now…

All over the fortress murmurs were heard: ‘we are doomed’, ‘the empire is abandoned by the gods’, ‘all of us are going to die’.

Only when a semi-transparent cupola covered the citadel, the soldiers’ despair was alleviated. However, not for long.

PUM PUM PUM

Large circles rippled on the surface of the shield. It was holding, somehow, through the screams of pain and agony coming from the magicians. Their magic was stopping the sheer mass of the shells and their colossal energy. The terror was only growing amongst the defenders as they clearly understood that this is the end.

Yet, it was only the beginning.


Delight’s POV

After a few volleys I understood that this one will be a tough nut. My idea was to bombard the shield with everything I’ve got but that was not enough.

The scouts see no effect.” (C)

I see…” I wondered what to do.

Then something flicked in my head.

If there is no way through the shield just with the sheer firepower, then you just need to have even more firepower! Breaking something with the brute force is also a viable option in almost every situation. And there IS a way to obtain it…

For the Eternal Glory of the Royal Navy!” I read the phrase from the blade of the stiletto and the turrets changed.

Instead of the small elegant turrets I had, there were now huge, massive boxes of welded steel plates. The huge and powerful turrets were screaming how destructive they are.


HMS $(^!( &^*(^ - BC. Mod - ????.

Accuracy – 58/100

Reload – 40/100

Recoil – 10/100

Machinery – 72/25

Guns – 25/25

Equipment – 70/25

Firepower – 100

AA – 125

HP – 56000

Evasion – 64

Main guns 18''/40 Mk I. Loaded - 8/8. Firerate - 0.4/1. Range - 37 km.
Secondary guns 4''/45 Mk XIX. Loaded - 0/12. Firerate - 8/20. Range - 18 km.
Tertiary guns 3''/50 Mk 34. Loaded - 0/4. Firerate - 18/45. Range - 13 km.
AA guns

40mm/56.3 Bofors STAAG Mk II. Loaded - 16/16. (+10 to accuracy of Medium AA)

20mm Mk V Oerlikon. Loaded - 20/20.

.50 M2 Browning. Loaded - 8/8.

Eternal Glory
On activation: equips '18''/40 Mk I' guns and reloads them. +15% bonus to accuracy and +25% bonus to AA and evasion. Activates 'Memento Mori' skill which lasts until this skill is deactivated. This skill cannot be deactivated until 18 inch guns are all fully reloaded.

[Now that’s a lot of damage!]

I aimed one of the huge guns and fired.

KABOOM

The bulletproof glass of the bridge chattered. The bottom of the sea showed itself for a moment. The air around the ship and even inside of it was thundered by a colossal cordite explosion which sent an entire car towards the fortress.

The colossal shell connected with the magic shield and then…

Pum

The explosion was seen even from the command post. Its echo reached me despite the distance. I doubt anything can stop those shells…

KABOOM

KABOOM

KABOOM

KABOOM

KABOOM

KABOOM

KABOOM

The terrifying might of the recoil was too huge to fire the guns all at once so I could only send the enemy my presents one at a time.

Of course, the accuracy was anything but satisfying, yet it is still too powerful, so even the close hits were enough to cause catastrophic damage. I will have to find an excuse for myself, why I destroyed a few dozens of civilian houses but the victor is not sued.

After a couple of salvos I decided that it should be enough. After all, my power is not something they can fight against.

As I was about to disembark and proceed to recreate the scene aboard another big ship, I felt something. It was just a second but it was enough to make me stop pounding the leftover military objects and turn towards the open sea.

4