V2 Ch 81. Of pillaging and loot
306 31 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After my unquestionable victory I decided to take Lilith, Xera and Charlotte for a walk. Being on a ship for longer than a month is not something one would enjoy too much. Unless they are used to.

Of course, the official reason was to release the prisoners of war but does it cancel the possibility of sightseeing?

I quickly herded the prisoners to the occupied corps officer and returned to the girls.


We started our excursion from one of the least destroyed parts of the city, despite its vicinity to the fortress.

What a crappy place…” Xera started whining immediately.

“Why do you think so?”

You made us miss all that glorious looting and slaughter.” I cleared my ears before asking what she meant.

I am sorry, I might have misheard you. Can you repeat what you said?

“Come on, the entire plot of this campaign was to plunder this city and take all gold and pricy things we could find.” I looked at the other girls. Neither of them was concerned with Xera’s crazy words.

No way we are doing it. Was it not enough for you to have this city in ruins?” She absent-mindedly looked at some ruins around the fortress and shook her shoulders.

“Then, I’ll be going.” Before she could go I grabbed her and dragged after our tourist group.

Deus Vult, damn it.

What does it mean?” (L)

A call to start slaughtering everyone you consider infidel.

“Now that’s a funny thing.” (X)

You brute.

“It won’t work on me. Call me whatever you want, I got used to it.” (X)
Flat… as…

DON’T YA F* DARE!” I smiled like a Cheshire cat.


A lot of beautiful building and alleys were dirtied by rubble and bricks lying around. The streets were empty and everyone barricaded inside their houses.

The plank, the watermelons and the blond were not too interested by the sight but the very moment I was turning around to look at them, they were excitedly looking around.

[It can only mean one thing. I should help them understand the fun of being a tourist.]

I was attracting their attention to architecture, and wall paintings, the ones more culturally worth and less depicting desires of flesh. With a questionable success we finally made our way to the palace.

“Xera, you waited for it, did you?” Her excitement showed itself clearly but I still had to take the sword out of her hands.

When we approached the entrance, the guards blocked our way with spears.

Nobody can enter the palace unless His Majesty allows it.

Oh my, oh my, oh my. Did he forget his good friends who came to visit him~?” The guards shivered and one of them entered the palace. Five minutes later he returned and we were allowed to enter.


Ho-ho-ho~, do you understand that it is a blessing that I decided to visit this place? Be grateful that I dedicated my time to bless every one of you with my beauty.” (C)

“And modesty.” (L)

Of course, modesty is one of my many virtues.” Charlotte smirked.

And the other ones are?” (L)

I am…” Before she could start, I ruffled her hair. Lilith too was not left unattended. And before Xera could explode from laughing at the two’s reaction, I petted her as well. Of course, then I had a small corrida.

I am here~.

DON’T YA MOVE AN INCH!

Voila~!

YOU CAN’T RUN FOREVER!

Our fooling around really makes me feel warm and wish we could keep it like that forever. No longer can I imagine being separated from any of my companions. Not that I don’t have a way of assuring it.


Of course, for my brilliant plan we required something we could spend.

Right at the entrance we were met by a man in a suit.

Please, follow me.” An old butler led us through one of the corridors, deeper into the palace.

Where would we be going to?

“His Majesty instructed me to lead you to the place you wished to keep for yourself…” The butler wiped a tear from the corner of his eye.

It took us almost an hour to reach the place of interest. A huge armored door that was guarded by knights clad in armor.

The butler opened the lock with his trembling hands and the door opened.

We entered and saw a lot of interesting things.

Lilith had a very peculiar expression: OxO

Charlotte was drooling.

Xera… well…

Xera, Xera~!” She turned her head like a robot and looked at me.

“That’s my good girl~. Loot Xera. Xera, loot~!” And she disappeared.

Before I could process what happened, Xera already returned and dropped a full leather bag of gold and jewelry.

And that was only the first of many…

3