V2 Ch 88. The brides’ special training
269 14 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Miss Delight…?” (L)

Everything is alright.” I gulped.

I managed to take down the half of the wyverns. They started gathering into a larger group so I decided to kill some sparrows with a cannon.

“ ‘Requiem’, ‘Lyddite rain’.”

KABOOM

Something flew into the air, from the direction of the harbor.

It was a part of the Y turret which exploded due to the malfunction. My stern started rapidly sinking. The damage was extensive but controllable. The majority of stern bulkheads were intact and were automatically closed. I was not exactly happy with what happened but the flooding was contained. Almost with no damage. A gaping hole in the stern and a list do not count.

BOOM BOOM BOOM

The shells whistled above us but neither of them hit the wyverns. However, the beasts that were close to the shells were squashed by the pressure wave but it was not the majority of them.

I deployed the weaponry.

By the time I was ready to fire, the radars ordered to live forever so I had to resort to the optical guidance.

BANG BANG Bum-bum-bum

BRRRTTTTT

From a close distance it was impossible to miss and soon I was done with the purge.

Girls, do you want some roasted meat tonight?” They only could smile wryly.


The crazy amount of wyvern meat and materials was stockpiled somewhere away from the house to avoid the stench of rotting corpses reaching our noses.

That evening I gathered everybody.

“Xera, tomorrow we will be busy.”

“ ‘We’?” (X)

You don’t think I will be loading all that amount myself?

Why would you want to load the bodies somewhere?” (L)

“They will be stinking so Xera and I will be selling them. Also, there is a thing I need to do.

“You want to leave us alone here?” (L)

“Yes, you can say that.”

Understood…” (L)


Lilith’s POV

Miss Delight and Xera departed after they loaded the wyvern corpses. Now I was alone with Charlotte.

So… what are we going to do…?” This is so awkward…

Evereyn, did you lose all of your intellect on winning the main wife position?” (C)

Yes…

Great. So, my co-wife, how about you act accordingly to your social position and listen to me?” I raised an eyebrow.

I am listening.

“While they are gone we should decorate the house and prepare everything for the ceremony. After all, our dear Delight will not marry us for the coming years unless we put her in front of everything prepared.” (C)

“I see your point. Speaking of which, how are we going to have the ceremony? I have no idea how it is done and when either of us will marry her.”

“I saw my aunt’s marriage and I have people who can organize anything. AND I have a good idea how to avoid arguments between us. Hey, Evereyn, how about we hold our marriage ceremonies simultaneously?” (C)

I just… just how would it even work… we are supposed to… kiss her…

I… I can’t… too embarrassing…” (C)

How are we even supposed to kiss her…? It is so… weird…

We were thinking if there is a good way to do everything. Miss Delight will be awkward around us so we decided not to act all lovey-dovey with her. Knowing our ‘husband’, she will pamper us whenever she can and we both are fine with being close to her. We will be inseparable. However, I and Charlotte have that one little issue: we feel goosebumps just from touching each other.

Miss Delight will no doubt be concerned with it and we both agreed that we need to become used to each other.

We were hugging each other, talking, and even tried kissing each other’s cheeks.


After an entire day of ‘special training’ we grew used enough to each other that we managed to stay in the same house without having arguments. Also, we managed to keep peaceful and happy smiles despite hugging each other.

The fact that we are not having an actual reason to dislike each other or compete helps as well. We both love the same person who has enough love to care for the both of us.

Charlotte and I were discussing the new fashion trends when the door opened.

Oh my, do I interrupt anything?” Miss Delight giggled.

“No, we were just performing our usual bonding.” Cherry gave some random excuse.

To dispel Miss Delight’s apparent doubt, I kissed Charlotte’s cheek. Our ‘husband’s’ delighted expression was worth it.

But I still need to wash my lips with soap.

4