V2 Ch 91. All is well that ends well
246 10 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Huuu… That was something…

I sat on the marble steps that lead to the inner garden of the palace.

I feel like my lifespan shortened…” Lilith joined me in my endeavor.

You two are too tender for the beau monde gatherings like this. Now, imagine that in the future you will be having the same amount of attention. Don’t worry, I will teach you all you need to know~! Ho-ho-ho~!” Charlotte spread out a handkerchief and joined us in sitting on the steps.

“Thank you for the offer. I kindly refuse it…

What you faced was just the tip of an iceberg called ‘socialite talk’.” (C)


“Indeed, the weather is wonderful today. If it was not for the ceremony, I might have been absent right now.”

What do you mean? Oh, could it be you were invited somewhere else?” An old woman covered her mouth with her palm. She was the Nth person that talked to me and it kind of makes me sick.

“Oh my, it would be a wrong assumption. The sea is fair and it is such a waste to stay on land for so long.”

Ha-ha-ha, I see. Might it be you have nobody to invite you? In this case, how about I invite you somewhere? You must have never seen the capital’s entertainments.” Almost immediately I heard a stifled giggle from behind.

Oh my, how very kind of you but allow me to refuse. I would rather not waste my time on seeing a village paysage.

“Madame, forgive me but it would be better not to be rude to the people you are talking to.” The old woman said that a bit louder than before, thus causing the attention to shift.

It is not like I was the instigator.

And this is what I get for my consideration?!” The gossip grew stronger.

What is the world is going on?!” Charlotte appeared on the scene.

“Madame Windsor, I am sorry for the commotion but your… erm… ‘Husband’ is being rude to me.” The scene was only becoming more biased as the time went on.

But of course she is! A no-name countess from a countryside dares taking her time for nothing. I heard enough of this talk and I can say for sure that Madame is being very tiresome for someone who is so appreciating of your past achievements so as to dedicate some time for you.” The old woman became the new subject of the gossips.

Not to mention that we have no time for invitations of common rabble…” (C)


Still, I would very much want to avoid those gatherings.

“You might want to but unlike you, I am social butterfly and if I skip even one of the major gatherings, then I will be a laughing stock! Not to mention that Lily is newlywed and there will be a mountain of invitations for her. Now that she is…” (C)

Huuuu… Of all the times it had to be now…” (L)


“Delight of Windsor, Your oath to the Gods and the Crown is accepted. Are You willing to take Her Grace Charlotte de Terehan, viscountess of Iden and the heir to the duchy of Terehan as Your legal wife?” The priest was done with his sermon and now came the climax.

Yes.

“Are You willing to take Her Highness Lilith de Marcelia, the fourth princess of Marcelia as Your legal wife?”

Wait a moment…” I looked at Lilith, she had her eyes as round as were mine. I glanced into the crowd and saw Catalina. Our eyes met and she showed me thumbs up. Then I glanced at the king. Or better say glared as he was sweating when he showed me his thumb.

Well… the surprise regalia aside, everything is fine. I am willing to take Lilith as my legal wife.” I had to hurry with clearing the awkward pause.

“You can kiss the wife… s…” I will have a bit of a talk with the king about the importance of having the children kept safe and helping them when they are targeted by murderers.


I still wonder how I managed to kiss you both so fast…

DON’T MENTION IT!!! IT IS TOO EMBARASSING!!!” Both of them were striving to plug my mouth first.

Bang

The door was kick-opened and frothed Xera showed up.

How did it go?

You bet those bastards had no way of refusing me.” (X)


How very nice of you to offer your sincere compensation.” I smiled.

Everything for my dear daughter~.” The king shivered.

“You’ve got a nice catch, My Lady.” I smiled at Catalina.

I tried… hard…” She faintly smiled.

“Madame, Milady wishes to speak to you.” Xera sneaked up.

Hmmm…” The king examined the knight.

What is it?

“Now that I think of it, a royalty needs to be guarded by a royal knight. I will send you the best candidates.” (W)

Oh my, what a good man you are, Your Majesty. To offer this humble knight to be promoted right to the royal knight!” I clapped my hands and smiled ‘You have no options’.

What I meant is…” (W)

Oh my, even to make her a senior knight? What a compassionate heart you have, Your Majesty~!

[I cut off all his escape routes and the further he goes, the wilder my imagination will be.]

Y-yes~! Congratulations with your promotion, Miss…?” (W)


“While I wish it was done with my own strength, at least I was passing the trials fair and square!” (X)

Congratulations~!

Yes, yes. Don’t you even think I will let you lecher Milady in the broad daylight!” (X)

1