‘The wind’s side story of withered blossom’ No 12.
226 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A huntress’ trophy

I was not the only one who noticed the weird vibration of the water surface.

The dwarf loaded his huge crossbow, the warrior took cover behind his shield, the scout prepared to pull the bowstring, and the priest started chanting buffs.

I launched a foxfire to see if I can observe something unusual.

It was normal water.

Then I measured the size of the area.

Despite its large size, the hall was too small to launch aircraft.

Now I stood in a very tricky position. I am the last person supposed to fight in such a closed space yet I have no way of leaving. After all, I want to see what will happen.

BANG BANG

I fired 127mm ASW shells. I’d rather trigger the response right now then wait for no reason and let the enemy prepare.

That did the trick and a dragon-like animal emerged.

RAAAAAAA!!!

Judging by its movements it was deafened by the shells.

The arrows and bolts of the caravaneers did a lot of damage to it so it has little to no protection. Yet it does not look like they will take it down before they die.

BANG Bang

Bu-bu-bu-bum

I sent a torrent of HE shells and the beast was killed.

While everybody was still confused I made my way to the other side of the hall and found a door there.

In a small room I found a chest and inside of it was a crown.

W-WHERE WERE YOU?!” (S)

I just looted.” I showed the crown.

Can you appraise it?” The scout gave the crown to the dwarf.

“This is not a dwarven work. Might be worth asking the mages in the town. Right now we have a more important question.” (B)

Everyone looked at me. This time even I cannot fool my way out of here.

1