V2 Ch 98. The questions of existence
250 16 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I turned around and saw the one who pulled my cloak.

It was the overfamiliar figurine with brown hair and glasses.

How can I help you?

Good to see your courtesy. Follow me, we need to talk. Alone.” The girl in glasses glared at my girls, who were about to follow me.

We have the right to know!” They immediately raised their objections but I cut them off.

“I doubt it is worth your time. Not to mention, there are many things that are better not to be heard.” I petted my disheartened wives, and followed the girl in glasses.


I followed her further and further into the forest. Sometimes I wonder if all of the planet is divided only into the sea and the forest.

In the end we walked into an opening and only then the girl in glasses turned around to face me.

So…?

Did you enjoy your little games?” That was unexpectedly nice of her.

“I did enjoy it, though I wonder why you are interested.”

I am going to reap the benefits of your fun, of course I want to know.” She gave me her most enchanting smile.

If you say so. Still, you would not be asking me for this tete a tete for no reason, would you?

You became a bit smarter, congratulations. You are still a fool but you show the potential.” (GiG)

Can you be a bit closer to the point?” This conversation slowly turns into mocking me.

Answer me, why did you make this decision?” (GiG)

Which one…?

Marrying them. I doubt you were so proactive so as to entrust yourself to them. Not to mention, it was them who loved you. But… are YOU in love with them? I am just curious if they are so important to you that you will put your life at risk. The real risk.” (GiG)

I had some cogs clanking above my head for longer than usually. It is not the easiest question.

I am a coward. I have no idea if my meek guts will handle the real fear for my life. Not to mention doing anything to handle the situation, or protecting my loved ones. It takes a lot of courage to stand up and fight with your life at risk but I never met the real risk.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!” The girl in glasses laughed her lungs out.

What’s so funny?!

The pride has dusted off and the real face showed itself under the layer of false nobility. If you want an advice, do not pretend to be someone you are not supposed to be.” She wiped the tears.

It is not something that can be done easily.

Ha-ha-ha! And you accepted it!” My face was already distorted by my annoyance.

Do you even remember who you are? Are you anything but a doll by now? Are you yourself, or just something that is made to think it is you?” She smiled devilishly.

Just what are you trying to tell me?!

Me? I am just looking at the doll whose strings grew into her skin too deep.

Spread your wings and fly, for you are not an anchor. You are free to entertain me.” She crossed her arms and kept on smiling in satisfaction.

Can I go already…?” I felt like there is a lot of nonsense and mocking intertwined with some smart words.

You can’t.” (GiG)

[I have no words…]


I looked at her and waited for what she will do. The girl in glasses said nothing else and just sat down on the grass and ignored the surroundings.

I followed her example and sat down. I even started reflecting on her words.

[Am I a doll? I understand that I am not a noble girl and it takes me some effort to keep my image, but still. Am I appearing to be artificial?]

My line of thought went on further and was more and more distorted. The longer I reflected on the girl in glasses’ words, the less I understood her.

I am supposed to act, I feel like I am even forced to do so, but I am also a doll.

[Am I a doll, actually? Does she think because I am not showing my true colors, I am an artificial being?]

The longer I thought about it, the more I was feeling like she said nonsense.

When I returned to this perishable earth, I saw the girl in glasses, whose face was near my own.

Oh, you stopped your thinking?” (GiG)

I scratched my cheek and…

[An ink whisker? Seriously?]

You were so unresponsive that it was unbearable not to paint your face.” She shrugged her shoulders.

Now I know!” I pointed at her. It was the moment of my triumph but the girl in glasses did not even show any interest.

Tell it already and let’s get to the reason I called you here.” (GiG)

“You were trying to fool me!”

What a simpleton…’ (GiG)

Hey!

Now that you spoke your mind. I had a good reason to call you here. You know what I want?” (GiG)

0