V3 Ch 3. In the ocean everybody will hear your screams
554 25 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the worst sleep in my life.

Every few minutes I was hearing scary noises and creaking. Even the cawing of ravens outside was scarier than it normally would be. And all of it is only a small problem in comparison with the ship’s sinking.

I woke up in the evening and somehow was still dry, even though I should be underwater by now.

[It is time for the cat to abandon the ship, like a rat.]

I jumped off the deck, which was moistened by water, and steamed into the darkness.

My desperate search for dry land was proceeding disastrously as always. Once again I picked up a signal of the sonar but this time there was a group of enemies.

Ding

You received 3 silver coins, 1 copper coin, 80 upgrade points


IJN Kuronami – DDL. Upgrade points – 30.

Torpedoes – 2/3.

HP – 3700.

HI – 100%.

AU – 83% (2477nm).

Depth charge mount – None. Depth charge type - Fixed-variation fuse

Stern rails – 0/50

Variable fuse – 0/50


I thanked God for having infinite supply of depth charges and started dropping them in pairs. Just randomly dropping them here and there in hopes of hitting something.

BOOM BOOM

SPLASH

A huge shark jumped out of the water and almost caught me. I fell to a side and thus avoided it in the last moment.

Splash

BOOM BOOM

The charges were exploding at the required depth but they were still too inaccurate. There was no system of dropping them, they were just thrown into the water with no aim at all. They could fall from the front, or from the right side only.

BOOM BOOM

After the last drop, two sharks were killed. The rest of them retreated further from me and that gave me enough time to start running away.

I was once again fleeing from combat but I gained some upgrade points, and soon might be able to cause more trouble.


When I made sure I ran far enough, I continued searching for land, or civilization, or at least anything but the open sea.

The weather station showed that the weather will not be nice for long. There is a high possibility of a storm, which will be a huge issue for my survival. Physical survival included.

I spent the entire night steaming at cruise speed to conserve fuel, and at long last I saw something on the horizon. The closer I was, the more I was assured that it is not a hallucination.

I rapidly accelerated to get there fast, before the storm. Then, I saw something unexpected.

A whale-like creature surfaced and headed towards me. Even with my small experience of this world I could tell that a sharp-toothed sea creature was not considering me a friend.

From a closer distance I understood that it is small enough for me to fight. I drew the katana and rushed in.

The animal avoided my attack by diving.

Splash

Everything was going perfect.

BOOM BOOM

When the pillars of water settled, only red water rose to the surface.


I continued heading towards the possible land. Only an hour later I approached and understood what it is.

[LAAAAAAAAAAA…

AAAAAAND!!!]

F* YEAH!!!

Then, the water around me bubbled. My ears and tail immediately pressed down to my body.

From below me, a huge tentacle shot into the air and I barely avoided it.

From the surface, from a bush, a reptile crawled. It was a crocodile-like monster with long muscular limbs. And very sharp teeth.

[Note for the future. NEVER SHOUT HERE.]

I immediately dropped the depth charges at the deep sea monster and while it was deafened by the explosions, I headed for the safer land.

The crocodile ran at me but I evaded it, and while it was running past me, I cut off its right legs. With a single cut I made the monster crippled.


I approached the fluttering monster. I walked right to its head that hissed at me and showed its long teeth.

You know… I was out there… Alone… For 3 days… Without ANY FOOD. WITH ALL OF MY FISH ON THE BOTTOM OF THE F* OCEAN. WITH F* SHARKS AND KRAKENS EVERYWHERE. DO YOU F* THINK I WILL BE SCARED OF YOU?!” Somehow I felt that this monster trembled and started shrinking.

You know… You look so… TASTY…

CUT

CHOP

CUT

CUT

CHOP


I was stirring the coals in a campfire. On a stick construction were pieces of juicy meat, and some vegetables.

The scent was driving me crazy so I fought myself. And I was winning. I patiently waited until the meat was cooked. And only then I ate it all.

When my stomach was finally full, I went to sleep, on the warm remnants of the reptile.

Tomorrow I will be…

Hey! What are you doing there?!

3