‘The wind’s side story of withered blossom’ No 24.
275 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wild oasis

For the Nth time I was forbidden to go anywhere without at least two people overseeing me.

I can sneak away whenever I want so it did nothing.

The next destination was somewhere in an oasis. Aerial recon confirmed there are buildings but from above I could tell only that much.

I am so tired…” (P)

I have no idea who was the idiot that sent us here but they better pay us a lot…” (W)

Usually the caravan would stop a couple of times before reaching a destination but we were going into the less explored part of the desert where the wildlife was not suppressed. We made one stop in an oasis and almost regretted it. The ‘sudden’ dive bombing helped us but we took no more risks.

Two thousand minutes later we started seeing occasional dry grass. The motivation of the caravaneers was increased. The grass was not actually there, but whatever makes them move.

The oasis was reached by the end of that day. Even with the sunset light I could confirm there are old buildings. They did not appear to be solid so I guess there were looters who took some gold.

We stopped on the edge of the oasis and decided to explore the ruins in the morning.

What a stupid mistake it was…

Hey! Cover me, will you?!” The scout was running away from a dog-like creature.

Sorry, I’m a bit busy!” The warrior was holding back two of them.

Give me a minute, sister!” While the ballistiary was beating one of them with his crossbow.

The priest was just running around like a turkey, with a pack of those creatures following him.

Haaa… Good thing I always have a squadron on stand-by…’ Mumbled I from a hill in the distance.

1