V3 Ch 7. Use and abuse
289 15 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I easily approached the port but hardly could get in.

“Do you even have a permission to work here? This is the first time I see you.” The policeman was correct that the port lacks workers. Right when I mentioned I am looking for a job, I saw how all of the workers’ eyes glistened. I almost felt the desire to recruit me right this instant. However, the port security consisted of imbeciles.

Can we do anything about this ‘slight’ issue?” I tried using sexy pose, as the imbeciles are usually led by animal instincts.

W-we can talk about it… in the… office.” The security team led me to an obscure shed and closed the door. I immediately felt their lustful gazes on my body.

Shall we talk?” I played along and sat on a table with a smile.

Of course~.” One of them was too impatient and immediately groped me.

Slash

AAAAGH!!!” I cut off his hand and kicked him away.

“I am sorry but the talk will be me telling you what to do to avoid the same fate.”

Pierce

I rested myself on the hilt of the katana.

The pool of blood, which soiled the stone floor, made the security much more attentive to my words.

Suddenly they remembered that today is the ‘Free to employ in the port’ day, established by the government itself. And they remembered that one of their colleagues died by accident, when he fell into the water and was eaten by a shark. Also they remembered, that their wives cooked them more than they could eat, and they willingly shared their lunch with me.

Farewell~.” I waved them after I was done eating.

“F-fa-re-we-ll…” They waved like robots when they were seeing me out of the shed.

Now that I was free to look for a job, I started wandering around.


I was hit on by some sailors, who thought I am low-social-responsibility girl. I only slapped their hands away, nothing more. They were a bit angered but after swearing at me, they found themselves some other stuff to do.

The long queue of volunteering to recruit me was charming so I accepted the first offer I was given.

“Just carry those boxes there.”

I thought it is a simple task. It’s just some wooden boxes.

When I tried lifting either of them, I felt my spine would break. I might be a strong and trained swordscat but I am not a bodybuilder, by the looks of it.

I could lift a box up but to carry it further than a meter would be an impossible task so I started wandering around to find a cart.

I found one very fast but it was already occupied.

Boys, can you help me~?” I played damsel in distress.

Go bother someone else.” One of them grumbled and proceeded to ignore me.

But…

“Come on, Luca! I heard that f*er made her carry the boxes of lead!” (W)

[I guess… well… I… of course… Yes… I get it…]

While I was pondering how I should kill the fiendish boss, the workers pushed me the cart.

Thank you~ *kiss*” I sent them an air kiss and returned to the boxes.

With my newly obtained mean of delivery the work was completed successfully and after I was done I returned the cart.

The boss was coerced to pay triple the price, so I got entire 6 copper…


When I left his office, just outside of the door I was caught by a band of sailors.

Hey, mates! She’s the one!” (S1)

I drew the katana and took stance.

S*, no kidding!” (S2)

What a hot gal!” (S3)

I felt confused but everything was solved when one of them said to me:

“We heard you caused some ruckus here. You’re smart and we need a smarta*. What do you say ‘bout joining our crew?” (S4)

“Fine.” I sheathed the katana as rapidly as I drew it.

“That’s the spirit. Follow us.” (S4)

I was led to a ship. There was nothing too exciting about it. The same merchant ship as the hundred which anchored everywhere in the port.

I saw a man, who looked from behind the board.

Have ya found her?!” (M)

Aye, sir!” (S1)

We boarded the ship, and the man approached me. He inquisitively examined me, and did not hesitate to touch my arms and legs.

What a good specimen. Da last time I saw such a strong beast was… Ha-ha-ha! Might be even before I bought dis Baby!” He patted (hit) my shoulder with his huge hand.

So?

Business as usual, ha…? Why da hell all people want da money first…? Ya’r to prove yarself first, then we’ll see. Payment is 2 silver coins per sailing. For now, ya’ll be scrubbing da deck! Got it?” (C?)

“Aye, Sir!”

I was given my weapon – a broom and a rag.

The ship set sail out of the port the same night.

3