‘The wind’s side story of withered blossom’ No 26.
248 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wild guess

This time I felt it would be hard to slither my way out of the mess I created. Or, would it?

Where do those birds come from?” (S)

  1. ‘What birds’
  2. ‘They flew when they heard your fight’
  3. ‘They are mine’
  4. ‘You outlived your usefulness… Mua-ha-ha-ha!’

This was not even a question of what to do, it was a question of my lieability.

I felt that either playing fool or being honest would work.

Did I mention I am ‘Planemancer’? They were my little guys.

W-well… erhm…” She was confused. Perhaps she expected me to keep slithering.

I would not be myself if I did not try.

Can you show them then…?” (P)

I don’t want to.” I made ‘guts’ pose. The caravaneers looked at me and whispered amongst themselves.

Are you sure?” The scout’s dreadful smile approached my face.

Sob

W-wh?!” (S)

UuuuUUUUGH!!!

W-w-w-what happened?!” Instead of scolding me, she started trying to stop my tactical crying. It was surely not because I actually was terrified of her sudden approach.

UUUUUUUGGGHHHH!!! ONEE-CHAN DOES NOT BELIEVE ME!!! UUUUGH!!!

F-f-fine! F-fine! Onee-chan believes you! I believe those were yours! Okay? Okay?!” (S)

In the end it appeared that the caravaneers decided I was lying. To make one believe your truth is a lie is the peak of lying.

The ransacking of the ruins was fruitful but I could not obtain too much. I put my bet on the last part.

The furthest…

The hardest…

The deepest…

The largest…

And the least explored…

The tomb of the ‘Grim Reaper’ God, where the crown of Heaven is stored. According to the legends, of course.

1