V3 Ch 11. A knight in shining coat
257 10 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bang Bang

Shots were heard above. My ears even caught sounds of screeching metal.

As I thought… ya brought us death…” (C)

Was it not you who…

DAMNED BEAST! YOUR CURSED KIN…!” (C)

Pierce

From the captain’s chest was sticking a tip of a weapon.

The captain slowly turned his head, and as the weapon was pulled out, he fell on the floor.

Behind him I saw a blond in a golden coat. She held a rapier in her hand.

My… A beast? Oww, lucky soul, you are safe now. Don’t be scared~ I will save you~.” She stretched out her hand and helped me to get up.

Then she smiled and said: “Close your eyes, little one~.

I did as she said and heard a swing of the rapier, which abruptly stopped near me. The girl hesitated for several seconds and swung again.

Clack

I heard the sound of metal clanging on the floor.

O-open your eyes…?” (G)

The handcuffs were removed and the girl was weirdly stiff. It lasted a few moments before she recollected herself.

Let’s go!” She pulled me and we escaped to the crew deck.


The deck was covered in traces of combat. Bullet holes, dropped sabers and rifles, shattered dishes, dead bodies. The sailors were fighting against people in purple uniform. Both sides suffered casualties.

I drew the katana and joined the fight. So did the girl.

YOU TRAITOR!” I crossed swords with one of the crewmembers. He was stronger than me but I just held him in place as the girl appeared to prepare to strike him.

Flashing strike’!” (G)

In a blink of an eye, she delivered three hits, and the sailor fell dead.

“Not bad.”

“Thanks for the assistance, cutie cat~!” (G)

The sailors turned most of their attention to us.

I parried one of the attackers, and counterattacked him by piercing his belly and cutting through his side.

The girl was rapidly piercing through the enemies.

Soon we reached the purple coats, and thus pushed the sailors into a corner.

Please, no! We surrender!” The sailors threw away their weapons and surrendered.

“Good for you~.” The girl signed something to the purple coats, and once again pulled me.

She led me out to the deck, where I saw many bodies covered, and a few sailors captured.

To the side of this ship was tied another one. Slightly smaller but with more cannons on its deck. Some soldiers were standing there and aiming their rifles at the captured sailors.

While I watched the scene in silent awe, I felt something covering my shoulders. It was the golden coat of the girl.

“Let’s go~.” She covered my eyes with her hand, and guided me to the ship.

“Signora.” It was a soldier, perhaps he helped us to cross the bridge.

“Good work. Please, make sure the ship is returned to the city.” (G)

“Of course.” (S)


I was led somewhere, then we went downstairs, and after a couple of turns I heard a creak.

The hand was removed and I saw a tidy room.

Don’t be shy, pretty~. You must be so tired, rest here.” The girl closed the door and went somewhere.

I followed her offer and took a nap.

When I woke up, I felt someone petting my head and playing with my hair. Then, a hand tickled my chest.

Before I could react, my arms were squeezing the hand.

Ufu-fu~. What a cute kitten you are.” She continued petting me.

I let go of the hand captured, and it immediately started scratching my chin.

Purrr

The girl giggled.

After she was satisfied with playing, we sat at a table and prepared to talk.

“I am Veronica Maria di Benezio. The captain of the Sea Guard. My pleasure meeting you.” (V)

“I am Kuronami. Please, take care of me.”

Oh, I surely will take care of you~!” She pinched my cheek with blissful expression.

“You appear to be capable of taking care of yourself. How did you end up captured on that ship?” (V)

“I was enlisted to clean the deck. Then we were attacked by some birds and I stepped into the hold.”

“If the reports are correct, they were smuggling something, so you became a threat to them.” (V)

I guess so.

Of course you are~. They hired you in the city, didn’t they? During the recent investigation there were rumors of a beast-kin, who killed a port guard. Rings any bells?” (V)

It does.” I prepared to fight.

3