V3 Ch 19. Battle of Unknown island
235 11 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I climbed to the observation post and observed the ship. It was a lonely military vessel.

I headed to the bridge. Patricia was still there.

“I saw a warship. You’re more experienced in this, what does it do here?”

How big is it?” She immediately livened up.

“Medium-sized, I believe.” I led her to the windows and pointed in the distance. The ship was barely visible, it might be the reason why it did not notice us.

Hu-hu-hu… It is a scout… It did not change course, so it didn’t notice us. Prepare, a convoy is passing here!” She was smiling like crazy, and in this fit, she started patting my back.

“Got it.”

[No torps, no speed, no guns, no ships. And I am supposed to bring something!]


Just like Patricia said, a convoy showed up in an hour.

There were 12 ships in total but two of them were heavily armed galleons.

S*.” (P)

How powerful is their broadside?

“From 10 to 20 guns per side, and two hundred bayonets on the deck. No sane pirate would attack this convoy without a galleon of their own.” She finished this unpromising speech. My foil hull was damaged by a rapier. What would happen if a cannon hits me…?

All hands, man the battlestations!” I set ‘full ahead’ and prepared the guns.

ARE YOU INSANE?!” Patricia started pulling the steering wheel out of my hands.

“I am insane.”

When the ship approached to a suitable distance, I opened fire.

Bang Bang Bang

I fired HE shells, since I am against wooden ships, and my goal here is to sink them, not to scratch their bellies. As the first shells straddled a galleon, both of them started turning towards me, and the transports turned the sails away from me.

Bang Bang Bang

The second salvo was more successful, I achieved several hits to the target’s side.

What is going on…?” Patricia was lost.

“I am the being that contradicts the common sense. I am not going to lose here.”

Aha…?” (P)

Bang Bang Bang

Bang Bang Bang

After I achieved 5 hits, the leading galleon appeared to be incapacitated. I turned my guns to the second ship.

Bang Bang Bang

The ship was not hit, on the contrary, several small clouds of smoke appeared on its deck. I heard a ring. The enemies were firing their rifles.

They opened fire?” After the first rings happened, Patricia finally left her trance and started actively looking at the surroundings.

Hard to port side! They are measuring the range!” (P)

Boom Boom

Indeed, as I turned, the galleon fired broadside. Neither of the shots hit me but the splashes confirmed that I would not be happy to be hit.

Bang Bang Bang

I opened fire to shut up the cannons.

Bang Bang Bang

All shots hit, and the galleon started turning away.

The machine guns joined the firing, and the defenseless ship was soon shredded by their fire.

Boom Boom

While I was focused on the second ship, I managed to forget about the first one. It fired several guns at me, achieving a hit.

Ding

Hull breach above the waterline. Damage control team sent. HI – 98%

Bang Bang Bang

I fired back, and then…

KABOOM
The air shook, as the galleon exploded.

Oh God!” Patricia closed her ears and shivered.

I managed to Hood the poor galleon.


By that time I was already moving at 26 knots, and was rapidly approaching the transports. I left the second galleon to its fate, and prepared to cause some trouble to the transports.

Two of the transports immediately surrendered. The rest of them scattered in an attempt to flee.

“Should those two be enough?”

Nay. We should either sink ‘em all, or capture. No survivors.” Patricia declared it in a calm tone.

Now this is crazy.

This is us or them. We will be dead, if the Doge’s dogs track us down! I am against this too but choosing between my survival, and their survival, I have to choose the former.” She avoided my glare and headed to the deck.

The hunt began.


The poor transports could either surrender, or die…

The first transport faced my guns, and before it could surrender, it sunk. I will return to rescue the survivors later.

Bang Bang Bang

The second ship was sunk too, this time with even less survivors.

I trembled after seeing the scared faces of the people… Still, I tried to stop the rest of the ships. I was hoping they will surrender, since killing them is the worst outcome. The people here are only guilty of being at the receiving end of the violence.

Aside from the four previous ships, I captured three damaged ships, and three ships were sunk. In the end, I had the entire deck worth of people, and the entire stowage of goods.

Ding

You received 1 copper coin, 1 gold coin, 519 upgrade points


IJN Kuronami – DDL. Upgrade points – 27.

Torpedoes – 0/6.

HP – 3676.

HI – 98%. Damage control compensation – 0.2%+.

AU – 96% (2880nm).

3'' Single turret

Increase caliber - 0/200

Dual gun turrets - 0/400

15'' Dual torpedo mount - Kerosene-air

Increase caliber – 0/100

Improve mounts – 0/250

Improve propulsion – 0/500

 

2