V3 Ch 29. The destiny calls
215 11 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sword cut through the air, I felt something. Something was wrong.

Instead of piercing the crazy b*’s face, the blade stopped.

“Not too bad, you even surpassed my expectations. Still, try harder.” Veronica caught the blade with two fingers and let go of it right when I pulled it back.

Why don’t you just kill me already, instead of this play?” My blood was already boiling from this arrogance.

This is not up to you to kill me, neither it is up to me to kill you. Our destiny is different.” (V)

Stop this bulls*! From since you are such a fatalist?

I just understood… that we are nothing more than pieces…” She again looked in the distance.

The gunfire has settled, and the remnants of the fleets were disengaging. Only one ship was heading here.

The time has come. The destiny is nigh.” Veronica picked up the shattered remnants of her rapier and started casting the restoration spells. I could’ve tried to kill her right here, right now, but I know better than this. This monster is not interested in me.

The steel ship approached, and then disappeared below the side of the battleship. Only the tops of its masts and structure were visible. Then, something jumped on the deck.


Kuronami’s POV

As I landed on the deck, I saw Patricia and Veronica. Veronica was holding her rapier and looking at me, while Patricia was standing in a combat stance, and aiming her sword at me.

Who would’ve thought that pirates are such a scum… Well, they are scum but to think that they would try to kill you now…” Veronica glanced at Patricia, who was flustered.

Just what happened here…?” I looked at the two of them. Patricia surely was not in the best shape.

Nothing but a family reunion, sweety~!” Veronica approached me and hugged with one arm. The other one was holding the rapier.

Who would’ve thought that you know this scumbag.” Patricia was ready to strike and was not intent on backing down.

She clearly is a threat… She lusts for power but I cannot defeat her alone… It is for her own good, help me…’ Veronica whispered.

CLASH

And in the next second the blades crossed.

Whatever this b* tells you, don’t believe her!” (P)

It’s funny to hear this from you!” Veronica was clearly cornered, and soon the sword would cut her.

Ping

I parried Patricia’s blade and tried to disarm her.

She dropped the sword as soon as I gripped it.

YOU?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!” (P)

Is it even necessary for you to fight?!” I had no words to describe what was going on.

She just whispered something and you trust her, like a loyal dog.” (P)

Try better, Sister. The destiny is calling for us, and its decision is approaching.” (V)

What do you mean by ‘destiny’?

Don’t listen to this lunatic’s raving!” The disarmed Patricia tried to fist fight Veronica, interrupting the explanation.

Veronica easily avoided her attacks but was reluctant to use the rapier. The picture was weird but I was yet to decide how to stop the fight.

Stop it!” I just stood behind both of them.

Hit

Patricia couldn’t stop her fist in time, and hit my cheek.

YAAARGH…” The fist hit me, and Patricia started whimpering. Even though I made from foil-plated cardboard, I still should be a ship.

[It doesn’t even hurt. That’s what I call ‘hits like a girl’.]

My thinking of how strong I actually am, was interrupted by Patricia.

WATCH OUT!” I turned my head. Veronica was standing there and giggling.

My poor Patricia is still such a crybaby~…” (V)

I glared at Patricia, whose face became pale.

WATCH OUT!!!” She continued shouting but I won’t be caught twice.

Then, I felt something…

My mouth started filling with blood, and I felt cold.

I forced my numb head to look down, and a saw a narrow blade, sticking out of my chest.

Why…?

For it is our destiny…” Veronica pulled the rapier out, and I fell.

It was already hard to breathe, but now I was drowning in my own blood.

…s…me…e…o…

…er…y…let… o…!

…ell… y… ove…

Then, I lost consciousness.

2