V3 Ch 42. Subjugating the Sea Dragon
175 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I set sail towards the monster’s last encounter location, the seagulls started returning.

Are we really going towards that snake…?” (P)

Do we have options…? We are almost out of fuel, and I doubt that we would make it back home without killing that monster.”

If that huge storm was caused to drive the monster away from us, then it would mean we will have a very hard way home.

Ping…

Here it comes!

When you run out of coal, please tell me. We will go and slay that thing with our swords!” I glanced at my warmongering comrade, and teared.

Let’s hope everything will be alright…

Ping…

I carefully monitored the state on the sonar. I quickly established the bearing and estimated the range.

Ping

Ping

Ping

Pom Pom

The depth charge throwers fired, and I started bombing the creature from a safe distance.

BOOM BOOM

Right after the first batch of charges, the creature surfaced and shrieked in fury.

RAAAAAAA!!!

BANG BANG BANG

The shells hit the monster, and shell-shocked creature stopped for a while.

BANG BANG BANG

BANG BANG BANG

While the creature was remaining still, I managed to hit its head.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

The explosions of 127mm HE shells managed to hurt the monster. It immediately dived, and disappeared in the abyss.

Ping

Ping

Pom Pom

Ping

BOOM BOOM

Ping…

After a series of depth charge bombings, the creature suddenly stopped moving underwater, barely producing any noises.

[It will surely be bad, if I let the monster appear from underneath me, while I am unloading the stern rails. The last thing I would want now, is letting this bastard jump like a shark, and capture me.]

Pom Pom

Ping…

Ping-Ping

I heard the charges hitting the water, and slowly descending. The fuses were at their limit, and I still wondered if any would reach the monster.

BOOM BOOM

The explosions were somewhat close, and I continued pounding the monster.

BOOM BOOM

BOOM BOOM

Ping

The creature started moving again.

Ping-Ping-Ping

SPLASH

It surfaced, and a trail of blood followed it from the abyss.

Both of its eyes were closed, and it was spewing fire around itself, without any idea where it was hitting.

BANG BANG BANG

The more I shelled the monster, the more sluggish it was becoming.

BANG BANG …

WHAT?!” One of the guns ceased firing, and I had a déjà vu that I am about to explode.

Click

Click-click-click-click-click

WHAT?!

Why are we stopping…?” (P)

“What do you think? End of the line…

Warning: Autonomy reached 0. Cannot use any speed aside ‘Dead Slow Ahead

Is this the end…?” (P)

What? Were you not the one who said we’ll charge it with our swords? Where did that bravado go?

Fine! Bring me closer, so I can hit it with my sword!” Patricia’s élan was restored, and I swiftly picked her up in a princess carry, and jumped off. Unlike the ship, I was not restricted in my speed.

[It tries to look at the ship, since it produces a lot of noise. Maybe it will be fooled, if I send the ship to another side.]


I pincered the monster, and drew the katana.

PING

As we approached, I leaped and threw Patricia somewhere on the monster, while I pierced it and used the sword and myself as an awl.

The scales easily withstood the combined speed and mass of my attack, not suffering anything but a scratch.

I aimed again, and tried to pierce it between the scales.

PING

This time it was a small wound. Still far away from being able to pierce the creature properly.

Patricia too was having a nice time. She was slashing and chopping the dragon, without doing anything but scratches to its green scales.

Suddenly I thought about using the evasion to cheese the world and the physics.

I tried upscaling the evasion, both with the skills and the luck, and then I tried evading through the monster.

I did it again, and again, and again…

SPLASH

Until something huge fell into the water, and the monster’s body started sinking.

I looked at what fell, and started screaming in confusion.

On top of the monster’s severed head was standing Patricia.

Are you done here? Let’s go back, I’m tired.” (P)

[And she was the one who called me physics r*er…?]

2