V3 Ch 48. Fairy’s recruitment quest
166 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What?! Who are you?!” I immediately turned around to face the nurse.

Me?” She pointed at herself.

“Yes, you.”

Me? I am myself.” The nurse looked at me, and I felt a sense of familiarity from her.

While I was pondering why, I noticed that the girl was standing idly. She was not surprised that I am here, she was not examining me with her eyes, she was only staring at my face and keeping silence.

What is your name?

“Fairy.” One word. Her expressionless face started to confirm my suspicions.

She is kuudere.

[I feel so happy that I did not shut myself and cry over being backstabbed… At least I am not an emotionless doll Yuriko claims me to be.]

The girl I faced has a doll-like face with blue eyes and white hair, however she is far from Veronica, and her body shape is also different from top models. Well, her chest is surely not smaller than mine...

Fairy and I stood in place for a couple of minutes, until I got sick of the silence.

Can you tell me what this ship is? There are lots of fuel and ammunition here.”

“Fairy is a mobile base ship.” (F)

Can it repair other ships…?

“There are basic facilities for repairs.” I breathed out in relief.

Now we just need to move this ship then.

Impossible. The ice thickness is around 2 meters. The hull will be broken in case of continuous moving without an icebreaker.” Fairy cooled down my dreams.

I brainstormed the options. Only then I remembered something the girl said.

You said Fairy is a ship, right? So you are a ship?

“Yes.” (F)

Then can you do something like this?” I deployed the gear.

“No.” (F)

“Okay, let me think about something to free you.”

Why?” She tilted her head.

Do you want to stay here forever…?

“No, but why are you thinking of helping me?” (F)

“You have a ship with loads of fuel and ammo, I have a ship which lacks either of those.”

“Understood. I will provide all possible assistance, if I am freed.” After we reached an agreement, I headed out to search for Yuriko.


The woman was standing at the bow, and trying to do something with the anchors’ chains.

Yu-ri-ko!” I called out to her.

“What is it?” (Y)

Can your seagulls break the ice?” It was the first idea I had, and the most possible.

“No. They control the weather, not the state of the water. Not a single breeze of warm air would reach this far. If you are planning to do something with this ship being stuck, I suggest you think of something else.” (Y)

I was once again at square 1. My next idea was to use the depth charges to crack the ice.

It was immediately dismissed. The entire might of the shockwave would head up and follow the path of the least resistance, barely affecting the ice.

Hey, Yuriko-san, would it work out if we cut the ice with the swords…?

“It might work, if you use the Divine steel katana. Though it will take a looong time to bring this vessel to the open waters.” Now that the planning progressed beyond nothing, I sent Yuriko to the bridge, and went to search for Patricia.

Together with Fairy we developed a plan on how to free the mobile base out of the ice field.

After we made the necessary planning, Fairy started warming up the boilers and the steam systems of the transport, while the rest of us headed out to start cutting the ice.


The work ahead of us was ridiculously long and cold.

I was cutting the ice with the sharpness of the new katana, while Patricia was using magical sword skills to strengthen her blade. Yuriko and her tsurugi were used to teach us.

That’s right, since we have a long way ahead of us, we might as well learn some tricks from the ancient woman.

By the end of the first week we managed to liberate Fairy from the ice, and move her for 700 meters. During that time Patricia learned some truly terrifying magic skills.

Of course, I was not far behind from her.

“Try putting your energy into the edge of the blade.” (Y)

The tip of the katana started glowing white.

“Now show me what you’ve learnt.” (Y)

KIYA!

Pierce

The tip of the katana pierced the ice surface with ease. It is the normal katana, which could only scratch the surface.

“Good. It looks like you learnt the basic sword skill ‘Blade strengthening’. Now you just need to learn how to apply it to the entire blade…” (Y)

Whatever one may say, I am actually learning magic!

SHATTER

Phew~! That’s nice~!” Patricia rested the sword on her shoulder, and looked at her handiwork.

A little less than a square kilometer of ice was broken just by one strike…

Whatever! I learnt magic! I AM STILL COOLER THAN HER!

Cries

2