V3 Ch 49. New asset
166 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Yuriko taught us some ancient magic, Patricia and I managed to quickly make way for Fairy’s ship. It took us only two damned weeks!

Only 30 meters more!

We are almost done!” (P)

The two slave workers finally saw the light in the end of the tunnel.

Stop standing, and keep cutting!” Our foreman Yuriko hurried us but even this was not enough to spoil our mood.

“ ‘Mountain breaker’!” (P)

SHATTER

Patricia broke the remaining ice, while I quietly wept on a side.

AH-OO-GAH

Fairy’s ship passed the ice cape safely, and set course towards the open sea. I immediately transmitted her the coordinates of my ship.

After Fairy was almost a kilometer away from the edge of the ice field, the ship turned and set course to my destroyer.

“It’s time for us to go too.” I beckoned Patricia and Yuriko, and the three of us started walking.


We arrived to the stranded ship only by the next morning, however, we couldn’t find the ship itself. Not at the site we left it.

The ship was tied to Fairy, and the cranes were moving back and forth, delivering materials.

Ding

Destroyer tender available

Mobile base available

Entering port: Allied

Refuel and repair – 1 gold. Time until done – 16 hours

1x Torpedo – 1 gold. Available supply – 0. Time until done – NaN

Mobile base

Supply depot Active
Dry dock Ready to be commissioned – 1 platinum coin
Production facility Ready to be commissioned – 1 platinum coin

'Supply depot allows automatic repairs and resupplying of docked ship.

Dry dock allows construction of new ships for materials. Materials can be mined by the Mobile base, or obtained with coins.

Production facility allows automatic production and stockpiling of torpedoes.'


For a few moments after I saw this, I thought that I am the luckiest catgirl in the world. Then, I saw the prices…

I carried my companions to Fairy’s ship and headed to the bridge.

Fairy was standing above a scheme with my ship on it. The damaged parts were colored red and matched the ones which actually were requiring repairs.

“Miss, the repairs are in progress.” (F)

“Nice to know this. Fairy, is there a way to… hurry this up a bit…?

“Yes. We can sink the destroyer and set sail immediately.I choked.

“If I had a dry dock, I would be able to finish the repairs quicker. The basic maintenance facilities are not suitable for large scale repairs I have to conduct right now.” (F)

The cogs in my head were audibly turning while I was thinking of what to do. Then, I immediately rushed to Patricia and Yuriko.

Girls, are there any monsters in the North?

Not many, since I never heard of them.” Patricia shattered my expectations, so I turned to Yuriko.

“There were some, but they all are extinct now. Not many creatures can live for this long.My expectations were shattered twice…

I returned to the bridge, and asked Fairy the same question.

“None.” Now all of my hopes were trampled upon.

I did not surrender and started searching. With the same result the girls predicted…


HaaaaAAAAAA!!! Just where can I get money?!

“Relax, Doll, the money is but a part of this world. There are many other things that require your attention, such as…” (Y)

Saving one’s soul…?” Yuriko proudly nodded.

To hell with it… I need at least 3 platinum coins!”

Good luck then. Mother would never share platinum with you, since a battleship costs a platinum coin.” (P)

Haaa… Let’s go to sleep, shall we…?

[Why is it so hard…? I really lack money, and should I restock the torpedoes, and I will be as poor as I was before…]

A quarter of a platinum coin, that is all of my savings…


LOAD THE STAR BOARD GUNS! THEY ARE COMING AT US!

Two battleship under the pirate flags were turning downwind to escape from Benezian squadron.

The enemy had only three ships, and since they are going upwind, the pirates would be able to run away.

One broadside, and the battleships would raise all sails and bedsheets to run, while the superior firepower is yet to counterattack.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

What… the… f*…?

The sailors stared in shock when their 32pdr cannonballs bounced off the enemy flagship.

After both sides exchanged shots, Benezian ships started turning to chase after the pirates. However, they already were far behind.

This time we are lucky… Give me the damage report!” The pirate captain looked at the battered side of his ship, and grieved for the souls they lost today.

CAPTAIN! THEY ARE CLOSING IN!” He was startled when the first mate stormed into the room.

WHAT?!” Both men hurried to the deck, and saw that the Benezian flagship was already here.

It was easily overtaking them, even though it was smoking.

May your powder explode…’ The captain cursed but he had no time to keep cursing them.

READY THE GUNS!

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Before the crew even approached the cannons, the enemy fired.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

The broadside was followed not by splinters and whistling cannonballs but by explosions.

That day, two pirate battleships did not return to their base…

2