V3 Ch 54. Breakout
186 6 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

THEN WHAT WERE YOU DOING?!

Alba was furious when she saw us return with no results.

Right after I dropped the anchor at the pirate port, Patricia and I went to report our return.

Fairy is 3 hours away, and after I resupply we will set sail to the West.

“We got this sword…”

AND HOW IS THAT SWORD GOING TO SAVE US?!” Even though Alba ruins my ears with her shouting, I can forgive her.

The pirate port became empty. Few ships remain here, and many of them are almost scraps. Out of the entire battleship force the pirates gathered, a single galleon remains.

The situation becomes desperate, and we may be one of the few ships that are combat-ready.

“This sword is ultra-strong. It can cut steel like paper. Also we learnt a few magic skills.” The woman started tearing, and silently sat down. Patricia rushed to support her and gave her some water.

We are doomed…’ (A)

How many there are?

Ships? We have no f* idea… Only the blockade runners manage to stay alive. Our patrols disappear closer and closer from our base… All battleships that sailed out to intercept Benezian fleet have not returned… Our only report suggests that the Doge himself commands the operation, and that his flag was holstered on the newest warship. It is all…” (A)

Are there any chances to fight? How about we all run and search for another place to hide?” For me it looks like the best idea. The port already became empty, and there should be no issues with packing the last supplies.

“We are already preparing to make a run for it. Your arrival is a blessing in disguise, though a Western diplomat would be a billion times more effective at curbing the Doge’s aggression. There is a vassal port of Benezio that agreed to join our cause. As long as we protect them they agree to let us station there. They also have gun batteries. We will set sail this night.” Alba finally calmed down and started explaining the situation. Meanwhile, Patricia brought a map and showed where the mentioned port is.

A long time ago Veronica and I were about to visit that place. She might be on her way there too.


“This is Fairy, dropping anchors. Approach when ready.” (F)

From which side?

Does not matter.” (F)

I steered the rudder and slowly sailed to the transport ship’s side. When I stopped, the ships started throwing ropes and cables to each other, until both vessels were tied together.

Fairy’s cranes were transferring boxes with ammo and spare parts from her hold, and a fuel line was connected to my tanks. The entire process will be finished in no time.

While there was nothing to do I visited her at her bridge.

Can you commission a new facility? I want the production to be started immediately.”

“Understood. I already gathered the materials you ordered.” The nurse girl confirmed the order, and I checked the cash.

During our short time at the sea, I managed to get additional money and now we have 3 copper, 61 silver, 41 gold, and 1 platinum coin.

“Commissioning facility.” (F)

The transport changed. The hull slowly split, and the ship spread out. My ship was shifted from Fairy’s side to a small dock-like place. The cargo hold turned into a small warehouse with cranes, and the oil tank became a large circular tank. Aside from the dock where was my ship, there were four more slots.

The new facility also appeared. It was a bit further away, behind the transport’s superstructure, which turned into a port administration.

[Now that’s a mobile base. A small floating port!]

“Commencing production.” Fairy monotonously reported.

How soon I will have the new stuff?

“Everything should be ready to be supplied within 72 hours.” Pillars of smoke appeared from around the new facility. My own industry started working on military production.

Because I am but a lonely destroyer, I also bought a ship to assist me in escort.

The coins love to be used, and a single Akizuki shouldn’t be too much of a spending.

Destroyer squadron
2nd ship - Yoizuki
3rd ship -  No ship commissioned.
4th ship -  No ship commissioned.
5th ship -  No ship commissioned.
In reserve - 0 ships.

A large cloud of particles shone near me, and settled at another docking slot. The new ship immediately appeared there.

Are you going to stay here?

“Yes. I cannot move during the production. I will be alright.” I glanced at Fairy with suspicion but she just returned to scheme of the port, and was ordering something through it.

I left the girl to her hard work, and prepared to report back to Alba.

3