V3 Ch 95. Subjugation team’s last preparations
105 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything was settled.

I guess we should start preparing for subjugation?” I glanced at the others.

Emmanuel pretended not to hear me.

It was nice knowing you.” I approached the man.

“It was my pleasure. I will definitely petition the Emperor to commemorate your actions. Some of them.” I shook his hand, and approached Alba.

Then…” Suddenly, she dragged me closer.

If even a strand of hair falls from Patricia’s head, you bet I will not give my blessings. You hear me?’ I nodded eagerly.

“We will be staying here to provide logistical support. You can follow those fairy tales all you want. Just do return safely. Except for you.” Alba glared at Veronica, and Yuri.


Our subjugation team returned to the ship, and started waiting for Fairy’s arrival.

The transport arrived the next day, and I immediately headed out to meet her.

When I arrived on her bridge, the nurse was in prostration.

H-e-l-l-o…” (F)

H-how about you rest for a bit…?” Fairy nodded, and immediately lied down on the floor. The ship was still moving…

After I somehow figured out the controls, I stopped the transport and moved the nurse to a bed.

While she was sleeping, I checked the holds. She had the oil tanks filled to the brim, and the cargo hold was filled with steel plates and spare parts for engines. She was clearly preparing for a long sail, where the squadron will wear out all mechanical parts of the ships.

That evening I gathered everybody relevant to the upcoming subjugation.

In the captain’s cabin were Fairy, I, Patricia, Veronica, Yuri, and Yuriko.

“Let’s start with the logistics. Is everything ready?” I asked the poor insomniac nurse.

“I made sure to have all spare parts required for the routine maintenance for all ships for 10000 nautical miles of travelling. Unless you keep torturing the machinery with constant changing of speed for no reason.” A couple of needles stabbed my conscience.

Fighting forces are ready?

Ready for everything.” Patricia said unenthusiastically.

“You better pay more attention, Child. If all goes like I expect it, we are going to have a tough fight ahead of us.” Yuriko glanced at the fox girl.

“You don’t need to look at me. I too have no idea what is going to happen in reality. That is why we better prepare for worst.” Yuri summoned a naginata.

“I’m glad to see everyone is so lively. We are going to set sail tomorrow. Fairy, you can sleep here, if you want it.” I managed to calm the nurse down, before she started to beat her head against the wall.


When everybody headed to beds, I caught Veronica, and dragged her out to the deck.

Are you alright?” The girl was not looking fine, and I must make sure she is feeling fine.

Yes.” (V)

“Your ‘yes’ doesn’t assure me.”

“I am destined to do it. I have to do it.” I started shaking her. I have no idea if I was doing it in a hope that it will break a hypnosis, or to try getting some reaction.

Come on, just speak. I’m not going to blame you for anything. Speak up your mind.”

I… For years she was teaching me… I saw what it may bring… The other worlds… I don’t… I can’t discern if it was a dream, or a reality…’ I was petting the girl, and trying to reassure her.

S-she… S-she said I will be able to keep them together… ‘But the stronger I was… the further they drifted apart…’ I better ask her if she wants to go fight the Demon king.

Do you want to fight the Demon king?” She nodded.

Then, let’s do our best, shall we? I’m on your side, so don’t worry. That fox girl won’t hurt you, if I’m here.” Veronica livened up.

“While you are here, in safety, how about you go talk to Patricia? I wish I could see you two as cheerful as here.” I showed her the small painting. For a second she hesitated but took the picture.

She will not… But I will try… For your sake…’ Veronica headed inside.

At the same time the bulkhead door closed, I heard steps from behind.

“Not bad. Though, I doubt it will work.” Yuri put her elbows on the railings.

Why won’t you try to cheer her?

Should I? She made them hate her, even though I told her to focus on preparations for the fight.” (Y)

“The court condemns you to be guilty, so why not try helping her?” The fox girl chuckled, before disappearing in a smoke.

I stayed outside until midnight, only then I headed inside.

When I entered the captain’s cabin, I was immediately caught.

What were you talking about?” Patricia hugged me from behind.

A bit of this, and a bit of that. Why are you here?

“I was just curious. Maybe I was hiding from her too. I’ll be going now, since you don’t plan to talk.” The girl let go of me, and headed to the door.

It was my turn to catch her.

Where do you think you’re going~? Sneaking into a maiden’s room, deep in the night~? How about we sleep together~?

I slowly tugged the quiet girl to the bed.

1