Epilogue 1. Another reincarnation?
248 7 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ok, I am ready.” One day I notified the God that I am ready to give it another try.

“Great, now close your eyes.” I did as he ordered. I felt chilly and then lost my consciousness.


What greeted me was that God.

“You did a good job kid. To fight against a wolf with your…” Before the God could finish, a palm covered his mouth.

Enough is enough.” A young man appeared from behind the God.

As you command.” The God bowed, and disappeared.

I was left alone with an unknown man.

Who are you…?” I stepped back, when the man stepped towards me.

Only then did I notice an abnormality with him: he had fox ears, and fox tail.

“I guess we would no longer need to play with you.” The man’s voice was weirdly feminine, and after they flicked their fingers, my head felt like it would explode from headache.

UGH!” All sorts of memories flooded in, or rather reemerged.

WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE AM I?!” I was shocked by the fact that I managed to reincarnate several times, all for naught.

Does it even matter~?” The fox person smiled. It was not a gentle smile, or a mocking. It was a smile of a predator.

The closer the fox approached me, the more scared I was. However, I started noticing fine details.

“It’s you…?” The fox giggled, and turned into a loli.

Why did you make me reincarnate again and again…?

“Was it not because you asked for it yourself, again and again?” The childlike kitsune pretended not to care, and sat in an armchair.

“F-fine. Then why did you need to erase my memory?

Just because.” I felt déjà vu. Not that it was unexpected.

Alright… Where is that God?

“Playing with you is bothersome, so now that spirit is no longer required.” She was busy with looking at her nails.

[What do you mean by playing?!]

“Exactly what it would imply.” I just love those gods and their darned answers.

Oh, great Akagi-sama, tell me, what is going on? Why am I here?

Once again, you are making this Akagi-sama tired… A fool can be taught nothing, and looking at you fooling around is no longer entertaining, so now I am going to stop wasting my time for nothing.” (A)

Then what will happen to me?

“Nothing.” For a moment I was dumbfounded.

Absolutely nothing?

“Nothing that would matter to you afterwards.” (A)

Can this majestic Akagi-sama clarify to this foolish me…?” The loli smirked, and her answer made me petrified.

“This majestic Akagi-sama will consume your soul, and you will cease to exist. You outlived your usefulness to me.” (A)

W-WAIT! If I am no longer needed, then why not just let me go?!

Why would I? You signed the pact with me. Your soul belongs to Akagi-sama.” I looked through my memories, and I can say for sure, she bulls* me.

“You agreed to reincarnate on my conditions. A mortal’s request, fulfilled by a god, is equal to a pact with said god. Akagi-sama can do whatever she wants with her possessions.” (A)

I started thinking. Thinking hard.

Then…! I must be not the only one!

Well-well, there are many souls. All of them will continue to serve, until I am tired of them. The latter is your case.” Once again, my brain cogs started spinning hard, to process a way to save my bottom.

[Wait, she didn’t kill me yet. Does she want me to do something?]

Clap-clap-clap

Then…

“You have one opportunity to make me reconsider. Unlike the others, you were brought with no specific goal in mind. Do try to make Akagi-sama give you a chance.” I spent hours thinking. All sorts of options were considered, reconsidered, and re-reconsidered.

The time was not of a concern, and since the fox goddess was just sleeping in the armchair, I had enough time to come up with an answer.

Desperate times require the most desperate solutions.

I…! I will fight you! If I win, you will let me go!” My shout made the sleeping loli mumble something, and rub her eyes.

Mhm…? Do try… Ah~-kagi-shama fill hive you a shamce… Ah~! Not that I would ever let you go~…” (A)

The loli took a flute out of nowhere, and after the first notes, I was enveloped in a light.

In the light I started seeing the statistics panels of all ships I used.

And a warning: ‘You can use each ship only once’.

Which ship should the MC choose?
  • IJN Kuronami - good melee stats and speed. Votes: 3 37.5%
  • IJN Fuji - RNGesus incarnated. Votes: 5 62.5%
  • HMS Delight - bad at melee but is sturdy. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HMS Princess Patricia - best at melee but slow as lying brick. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 8 · This poll was closed on Dec 1, 2021 09:21 AM.
3