Haunting Screams 3
144 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack was looking at intently at the battle log.

'The rewards are quite good for such a quick fight , but it's very reasonable taking into account the difficulty. The danger level of fighting the  two of bats was definitely much higher than that of fighting against a slime/slimes. If I would compare it, it would be like a man with a knife for the slime and a man with a sword for the bat.

Hmmm, this fight is definitely a tell that things are not going to be as easy to deal with as with the 'Slimy Tunnel'.  The monsters in the dungeon have now started to become stronger, use their head and not just blindly rush forward, but more importantly...

"They have started to work together. Ah,'Teamwork', such an unfitting word for monsters. Instead of humans hanging up on them they used this trick on me."

He was starting to regain his composure and aslo his  health back with the help of 'Slimy Recovery', but he didn't move yet as he still had a lot to process.

'This time there were only two bats that attacked me at the same time, but if there were two or three more of them it wouldn't have ended well , for me that is.'

"Haaaaaaa...f*ck! Why, instead of this getting easier after I got stronger I still am facing the same level of difficulty!"

He looked at his surroundings with a face that showed all kinds of emotions. It was a mix of mockery, worry, amusement and indifference.

"I'm starting to think that the dungeon , beside being a place to train and get stronger is also a place for sifting out the weak ones. What is the endgame?"

As much as Jack mumbled that question to himself or shouted it out loud he would get no answer.

"Guess I'll just go do what I've done till now.Kill some monsters!"

He threw a look at the way he had come from and saw only trees, dirt and nothing else.

......

"Skreee...

*Bam*

The weighted part of the kusari-fundo hit the skull of a vampire bat 3 m away killing it instantly.

"That makes it 12 and soon to be 13. Hupp..."

Jack avoided another vampire bats wing attack at his head by rolling to the left and imediately after he got back up , raised his hand  to target the sonic bat that was attacking him at a distance releasing a killing blow.

'Liquid Body Arrow'

"Scre...ee..

The blood arrow that came from Jack's hand flew like a bullet, pierced right through the mouth of the sonic bat and ended it's disturbing screech.

"Now to the last one."

He had killed two bats in succession and there were no more near him , but he  started to look  around trying to find something and in less than ten seconds the corner of his eye caught a flying figure. It was another vampire bat gliding slowly 15 m away.

'Gotcha! Liquid Body Arrow. '

The  other vampire bat that had been hiding until now so it could do a surprise attack didn't even get the opportunity to attack as it's wing was completely destroyed by the blood arrow .

"Scree..eee..see...

The bat fell to the ground hard , but it hadn't died yet by the looks of it . It's destroyed wing which was now just a bloody stub  was bringing the bat a lot of pain and It couldn't help but release pain filled screeches which were heard all around.

"Why do they all have such an anoying scream? "

After having taken down the last of the bats , Jack slowly approached the downed one. He approached the squirming bat slowly keeping an eye for any more of them , but he worried for nothing.  He got to the bat without a hitch and stopped near it ,his foot no more than 10 cm from it's head

"You are quite the screamer, but don't worry I'll fix that soon enough."

"Scree...scree...

"No no ,you don't have to thank me.... I'm generous like that."

"Scree....eeee.eeeeeeee...

"Why the hell are you screaming louder? Do you understand what I'm going to do to you or....

The high pitched screams of the bat were loud , but it wasn't because it was fearing death. The reason it was doing that was because of Jack shoes. They looked like some old, flat leather shoes, but by the reaction of the bat they were not.

'Ah, I don't blame you really, the smell...

"Brrrrr...I can't forget it."

Jack remembered something  so unpleasant that  it brought chills down his spine.

" 'Dead Man Walking' what a fitting name....with a fitting smell also."

Jack opened the description of his equipment that he gained at the 'Forest of Death' and read it again.

          Dead Man Walking
This pair of shoes was made with the skin and bones of a person who has starved to death and within it holds the resentment of the victim.

Effect:
-10% Stamina Depletion
+1 Agility

Side Effect:
Unholy Spawn: You will be imediately hated by beings of holy nature if your Charisma is below 20.

Smell of the Dead: Undead creatures may ignore or confuse you for one of them.

"Uhmm, uhmm... 

Yes, they are the perfect biological weapon to use against someone with a nose. Unfortunately the first one to have suffered their terrible power was me... ughh the stench! I can still feel it on my tongue."

Jack remembered the time he took a curious sniff at the shoes and imediately passed out.

5