Praying in Tears 1
130 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No wonder this earing is a cursed item. If I equip it I will get cursed at by thousands of people, but the stat increase is good.

On the other hand...

            Cursed Heart
             (Hidden Item)
The broken heart of someone who fell prey to dark magic.
Effect:
????????????????????

Cursed Heart?! "

Jack was left staring at the description of his second item with nothing but resignation.

"The description is 'okay' , but the effect is not shown.  Does that mean that I can't use it right now or do I have to fulfill any requirement to see it's effect?Do I have to inspect it somewhere? Also the 'Hidden' description on the name of the item... what does it mean?"

Jack tried to think about it and he came to a couple of conclusions.

' 1. The ' Hidden ' may refer to the effect of the item that is just a couple of '?????'.

2. The ' Hidden ' may refer to the requirement to unlock the effect of the item.

3. The ' Hidden ' may refer to the ' Hidden Stage ' that I have entered. '

"All these are possible, but the first one not that possible...or maybe it is...

Anyway, although these are all valid assumptions, the most probable one is the third one."

' The ' Cursed Heart ' is not the first item with a description attached to it's name. The silver cross I found in the bible also had the attached description of ' Mission Item' on it, so...

.....

More time passed and Jack didn't seem to have found the meaning use of the Cursed Heart or the meaning behind the 'Hidden' description, but what he had found out was that the silver cross definitely had  something to do with the quest he had been given.

' I have to first finnish the quest the goat head gave me and then I'll maybe find out what the heart is used for.'

"So then, let's start figuring out the riddles. If I remember correctly the first one was.... 

'I am deep, I am round , In the ground I can be found.

Well, if it's deep and round and in the ground it can be found , there is only one thing that comes to mind and I don't like it.'

Although Jack had been focused on fighting against his opponents he had also thought about the riddles the goat head gave him. 

"Why me...

Jack first found his kusari-fundo that was 10 meters away laying on the ground together with his helmet and equiped them before going towards the well he had seen when he first entered. He approached it with caution as he didn't know what would pop up.

"Do I have to go inside?"

Jack frowned because he was pretty sure that this was a trap.

"Let's check it out first."

He took some small stones from the ground and threw them inside the well.

*Click clack*

The stones seemed to hit something several times and then stopped.

' There was no reaction. It's just like throwing stones on a normal well.'

There didn't seem anything wrong about the well , but he was not convinced. After what he had experienced who would blame him.

"This is definitely a trap, I can feel it , but I have to finish my quest."

He approached the well and this time he peeked to see something in it, but that was just wishful thinking. Instead of seeing anything he saw just darkness. He couldn't see deeper than 2 meters.

"F*ck me."

Jack was dejected as he had to find the keys to complete his mission, but the dark well was to dangerous.

'No, I can't go in there. If I'm attacked while inside the well I'll be killed instantly.  I have to think of something else.

What can I do ?'

.....

After five more minutes had passed Jack was still looking over the well, but he was... smiling!?

"Hehe, come out , come out whoever you are. I have a treat for you."

Compared to the foul mood he was in before he was now all smiles. 

"Hehe, I hope you like strawberries.

INVENTORY."

Jack opened his inventory and took out from it a Health Potion. 

"Enjoy."

He took the cap of the potion and then just emptied the bottle inside the well. The red liquid entered the darkness and silently disappeared.

1 second

2 seconds

*Tsssss*

"Kiaaaa....

Two seconds after Jack's emptied the potion inside the well a scream came from inside.

"Hahaha..more, more.

INVENTORY."

He took another health potion from the inventory and dumped it again inside.

"Kiaaaa....

The screaming became louder, but Jack didn't care at all.

"More,more,more...

He then proceeded to empty three more health potions inside, before a change happened.

*Tap*

A slim withered hand reached from inside and grabbed on the outer edge of the well. The hand was pale white and full of wrinkles.

"Oh, so you finally came out huh. Let me give you a hand.

Huup...

Jack grabbed the wrinkled hand and dragged it out of the well with all his strength.

"Kiaaa...

"Gotcha!"

As soon as he did that a pale, naked woman came flying out. The woman was as tall as Jack ,with grey hair that stuck to her face like she just got out of the shower and pale white eyes, but for Jack it was not a pleasant sight as not only her hand was wrinkled, all her body was wrinkled.

"Kiaaa...

She seemed to be in pain as sizzling sounds and read and black smoke rose from her body.

"Just shut up."

'Liquid Body Arrow'

Jack didn't hesitate at all as he blew a hole though her skull.

*Ping*

"Let's see....

[......

Defeated enemy ' Cursed Water Ghost '

Gained:

80 Gold

50 XP

Soul Stone

Undead Pearl

Mission Key 1/3....]

"Guess I was right and I even got a new item to boot."

          Undead Pearl
This beautiful pearl has been infused with the resentment and hatred of the owner. During this time it absorbed both water and dark energy to create something else.

+1 Inteligence

Effect:
Styx Arrow: Deal 40  dark/water elemental damage to your enemy once a day.

Side effects: If this item is equiped long enough it will course the negative effect ' Overhydration '

4