Chapter 3
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kytes was running fast when he reached the end of the tunnel, realizing this, he gave a sudden stop with his body bent slightly backwards. On the path on which he was braking, of about 8 meters, a large curtain of dust was raised. He had stopped at the right moment, because he was facing a gigantic cliff, if it took another second to brake he would fall downhill.

The tunnel led to a huge cliff more than 200 meters high, the terrain was rocky and formidable, the air was quite heavy, which would make an ordinary human having a hard time breathing, but for Kytes and Corlin it was not a problem, both were hit by a "thing" that gave them a superhuman resistance and some supernatural powers.

Although the air in that place was heavy, it was nothing to them. The view from the cliff was beautiful, but it ended thanks to the earth bottom that showed that the two were inside a gigantic cave. The cliff was incredibly firm because it had been fixed there for hundreds of years, it was tilted at 60 degrees, and at its base is a large city lit by poles.

When looking up, it was not possible to see the beautiful and beautiful blue sky, you could only see huge stalactites nailed to the ceiling, which was formed of earth and stone. Miles ahead of Kytes, was the great earth wall, which is covered by some light fog. Kytes is panting and sweating thanks to the race just now. Upon realizing he was in a cave, he placed Corlin on the floor and his cheerful face became serious.

- This isn't just a prison, is it?

Corlin, who was already on his feet, had his face sad as he lowered his head a little. She took her right hand to hold her left arm.

- So you already realized.

- What the hell happened to humanity to hide like moles?

Corlin, who was stunned and depressed, sat there on the floor and started counting.

After the System's first appearance, where you and Brazil were hit by the explosion, things only got worse. Brazil being destroyed in the blink of an eye, ended up being a beautiful dream compared to what was to come. Many scientists traveled to Brazil, looking for an answer to what happened, but what they saw was unexpected.

That country was taken over by monstrous beasts, there was no sign of human life, and after much discussion, the scientists landed in a country town with their helicopters. Eventually, they found blood from one of the beasts, but the DNA was from a human. Seeing that situation, countries began to believe that it was the work of a new chemical weapon that altered the genetic sequence and, eventually, they ordered soldiers to attack the monsters and began to investigate each other.

In the end, the soldiers' weapons were ineffective, they even managed to kill some weaker ones, but others stronger…. Given that, all we could do was retreat, all countries withdrew their soldiers from the battlefield and focused on defending themselves, as the largest source of food imports had been destroyed, famine began to spread colossally. A few days passed and people started to fight for food, thousands died and the production of technology was severely affected thanks to the imminent loss of workers.

The beasts started to spread across Latin America when you returned. In the face of that country made up of beasts, you fell in the center, and like the speed at which Brazil was destroyed, you wiped out 100,000 monsters. That was enough to light the flame of hope that lay in the chest of every human being, however, as soon as you came, you left, which made many believe that it was a false hope, but on the other hand, people with powers started to rise all over the world.

It didn't take long before the great nations fell into the hands of the most powerful. Dictatorships, monarchies and everything else hovered over humanity's shoulder again. In the search for power, the strongest came together to oppress the weakest, wars between nations became commonplace, nor would the first and second world wars together reach the foot of this. The death toll was incalculable, but it certainly surpassed the 3 Billion mark.

Fearful and without powerful people, the nation I belong to came underground, where we did horrible things, locked up 30,000 people and tortured them after the Zettai essence, but for what ?! Even with it, we would not be able to face the nations of the new world! It turns out that we're just deluding ourselves down here ...

Corlin's sadness was evident on his face, as well as the subtle tears that filled his eyes, Kytes took that serious smile off his face and took a long, relaxed breath.

- Now you want to be depressed ?! Instead of looking like a stray dog, get up! As I am partly to blame for all this, I will help you build this place!

Hearing Kytes' words, Corlin felt as if something new was born within her, as a joyful and welcoming emotion, but one that also felt uncomfortable. Corlin has no idea why she was bothered, but he quickly blinked his eyes to expel those tears and stood up taking a firm and confident position.

Corlin had composed himself, and with unwavering determination, he faced the world before him. Kytes, seeing that situation, smiled slightly. Like a lightning bolt he ran and hugged Corlin's legs, quickly extending his body, yet while Corlin tried to figure out what was going on, he jumped down the cliff.

- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Corlin shouted as Kytes ran down the hill with a big smile on his face. At that moment, the little regard he had just received from the beautiful lady was overwhelmingly destroyed. A few seconds passed before they reached the end of the mountain, during which time Corlin was incredibly flustered. Kytes set her down, and she was snorting with her hands on her knee.

- Never again ... do this ...!

- It was bad, I was worried in case you got hurt.

- Do you really think such an excuse will work ?!

- It worked for all the other girls.

At that moment, Corlin was really annoyed, was he saying that she was just another ordinary girl?

- Tsk!

- Not to mention that if you die, the "flango" pastry will go home fucking!

Kytes had barely finished profaning such a phrase, and there was already a kunai heading towards his head, Corlin had taken a kunai and launched his attack on Kytes, his hatred at that moment was intense. However, Kytes was agile and quickly noticed Corlin's act, he managed to defend himself, holding the kunai with two hands preventing Corlin from tearing his head off, so he said:

- Calm down! Calm down! It's a joke!

Corlin blew out a long breath and calmed down, she resumed the conversation while returning to her usual routine.

- If we are going to work together, we need to put everything on the table.

- It is really problematic to hang out with someone I know only by name.

- In short, I am Japanese, regarding my power, basically I can create weapons at any time.

- So that's where the kunai came from ...

- Aren't you going to introduce yourself ?!

- Well, about me, everything you know is correct, I came from the land of coffee, Minas Gerais, and my power is to control my body at my pleasure.

1