Chapter 18
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun was at its height, when Glutton appeared at the door with a broom. Gabriel and Cássio were sitting watching time go by.

- Hey, you two! Shouted Glutton. - We are leaving.

She got on her broom and went at them with great speed, without realizing they already had their feet tied with a rope that bound them to the broom. Glutton raised his broom to the skies and, with Gabriel and Cássio in the same way, cut the clouds.

- Hey, you're crazy! - Cassio shouted as he struggled.

- You are not saying anything new, Cassio. - Gabriel replied.

- You can shut up! It is difficult to fly a broom! Shouted Glutton.

- Why are we going on a broom and not in the normal way? Asked Cassio.

- So you don't know ... basically for the witch to fly on a broom is a matter of honor, and if Glutton came close to his peers without a broom it would be as if she didn't know how to fly. - Gabriel replied.

- But she doesn't know! Look how staggering she is! - Cassio replied.

- Tsk, if so, go alone! - Said Glutton when sulking, with a knife she was already cutting the rope that held them.

- … Calm! I said nothing! Shouted Gabriel.

-… - Glutton stopped cutting. - True, calm is necessary. Glutton extended his hand to Cassio. - Time reversal, only external wounds. - Glutton invoked a magic that regenerated Cassio's injured body. And then he continued to cut the rope. - Well, go north!

Then the two fell into a free fall. When the inevitable happened, and the two collided with the ground, it made a great crash and a huge crater opened. The two young men were unhurt or anything, for some reason their bodies were much more resilient than before.

- Ahhr… - Gabriel groaned to the floor. - Dude, she has to stop being so petty.

- You think? Asked Cassio ironically as he sat down.

- Then. - Gabriel spoke to get impulse on the floor and get up quickly. - Let's go?

- I think it is the best to do, it will be a pain if we are surrounded by animals of the night, yesterday we were surrounded and we couldn't even walk properly. - Cássio said when getting up, the two started walking north.

- Well, I think it will be okay if we find more of them.

- As well?

- So you don't know about that either ... basically, a part of the soul of the beings that we kill in these lands, is "sucked" by our soul, so we get stronger. You may not have realized why your body was injured, but our strength has grown incredibly. - Gabriel said.

- Hmmm. If so, I'm looking forward to training my strength! - Cassio replied.

- If so, in these lands you could not do it, but inside the city of witches, there are some very formidable swordsmen.

- Hey, aren't there just witches there? Asked Cassio.

-… - Gabriel was silent and faced him.

- What's it?

- Nothing, your way of talking just reminded me of someone. - Gabriel started to look ahead. - Normally the city should be a safe haven only for witches, but thanks to the Kingdom Dominator, Nero AZM, things are very complicated, complicated enough for Glutton to be summoned.

-… So Glutton is extremely important there? Asked Cassio.

- No, she's a deserter! - Gabriel replied, then extended his hand over Cassio's chest. - There's something wrong. - Then Cassio took on a hostile composure.

- What's it?

- This forest is considered the shield of witches, it is strange that there is no beast here.

- That's true…

At that moment, a small animal, the size of a dog, with red skin and gray eyes, jumped on them. Cassio lifted a pillar of earth that pierced his chest without disdain.

- Was that kind of animal? Asked Cassio.

- No! Shit, we need to hurry! - Gabriel affirmed, at the same moment he started running towards the north, Cássio followed him firmly.

- What is happening?! Shouted Cassio.

- Nero is already here, if we don't run Glutton will face him alone! - Gabriel replied.

The two continued to run in a hurry, with Cassio protecting from enemies and if by any chance he passed, Gabriel eliminated him. It took about an hour, until they reached the city gate.

- Cassio, you will find out Nero's location! I see how Glutton is doing! - Said Gabriel.

- Right! - Cassio replied. - When I find him, I will throw earth to the skies.

Cássio and Gabriel separated. Gabriel went to the witches' headquarters in search of information, while Cássio tried to find some presence that stood out. When he found an obscure and dense presence, she gave him a chill in his heart, he was certainly the enemy. Cassio made a ball of earth and threw it into the sky, then made it explode, Gabriel realized that that was the signal.

Cassio ran to that location, when he got there he faced a fierce battle. Glutton was facing a humanoid and fickle-looking creature, as if his body contaminated the air. Glutton was exhausted and sweating, his defeat was evident even to a blind man.

0