Chapter 8
2.4k 5 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gensokyo - The Scarlet Devil Mansion Corridor

About the time just a moment before Killua and Marisa meet, and in the same majestic and noble-looking mansion, the mansion in which the last members of the noble Scarlet family currently live.

And it's not just any noble family, this family is the one that holds one of the purest bloodlines of vampires in the entire world, it has to be known that if you were to count the numbers of the pure vampires families that still exist today, then you probably can count them in your hands.

Moreover, about 500 years ago, it was exposed that the Scarlet family have a direct bloodline from the 'progenitor of vampires' himself, which means that the true family name of the Scarlet family was in fact the terrifying name 'Dracula', the same family name of the monster that shook the world in the medieval times, the 'progenitor of vampires' and the first vampire in history, Vlad Dracula.

After he finally perished against the entire world in the great crusade... he was so feared, that even his direct descendants had to hide and even change their family name, to the now called Scarlet family.

The moment that information spread 500 years ago, the entire world turned upside down from fear.

Fear that they would once again, face another monster like Vlad Dracula.

And as soon as the news reached the noble vampires families, immediately every vampire in the world rushed to exterminate the Scarlet family.

The humans found it strange, why would they kill their own progenitor's closest bloodline? Why would the vampires discard their chance to rule the world again?

But the world DIDN'T KNOW, they didn't know that the one that MOST feared Vlad Dracula, was in fact, the vampires THEMSELVES..

That was just how STRONG Vlad Dracula was, an ultimate monster in every sense.

However the Scarlet family already know that sooner or later, their identity will be exposed.

In fact it was a miracle that they survived this long.

So they braced themselves, they decided to face their own fate, and fight back to their last breath... to their last drop of blood.

But they know it, they know that no matter what, they have no chance in this battle, not without their ancestor's powers, and they also know that they can't perish just like that, they can't lose their only hope to rule the world again.

But in that helpless situation, another miracle appeared, it appeared in the form of two girls, two sisters, they were the daughters of the Lord of the family.

Those girls that were not even 10 years old yet, possessed enough power to put an adult vampire to shame.

And when they reached 12 years old... that is... the most important moment in a vampire's lifetime... the moment when you awaken your hidden powers… and the same moment that decides your life...

To the surprise of the Scarlet family... in this hopeless situation... in the last moment possible…

It finally came, finally someone that had their ancestor's two terrifying powers appeared.

The older sister had the one that can manipulate fate, and the younger sister had the one that can destroy absolutely anything.

And so the Scarlet family decided, they absolutely and no matter what, will protect these two sisters...

Then it came, when everyone in the world assaulted them… when even their own kind turned against them... they... at the price of the entire family lives, they managed to save them.

The two sisters escaped to the far east, to a place where the vampire's fangs had yet to reach, or at least not scared of them as the rest of the world, to a country called Japan.

And after various battles, difficulties, efforts and encounters, they finally settled down.

At a place where they are not alone, to a place where everyone is equally feared, it's called…

Gensokyo.

Finally... after 500 years of escaping, uneasiness and loneliness…

The two sisters finally found a place to relax in, a place that no one will hunt them.

And now... in one of the corridors of their house…

A young woman can be seen.

*Clack* *Clack* *Clack*

Her black shoes clacked elegantly on the marble floor.

Her appearance in one sentence would be : Perfect Maid

She appears to have grey eyes, silver hair worn in long braids on both sides of her face with green bows at the ends and a white maid headband. She wears a white and dark blue French maid's outfit with an apron, short sleeves and a green ribbon. She is also seen carrying three knives in a holder to her left thigh, each one is made from silver and their handles have a respective colors of Green, Dark Blue and Red.

*Clack* *Clack* *Clack*

She is a Human, but she is not just any maid, she is the Chief Maid who serves Remilia Scarlet, the head of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and the older one of the two sisters.

*Clack* *Clack* *Clack*

She herself possesses another terrifying power… it's the ability to manipulate time.

And she was currently walking elegantly while putting her hands in front of her, just like a disciplined maid.

But her eyes were cold, so cold that they glinted in the almost dark corridor.

*Stops*

Then suddenly stopped..

"The report."

She ordered coldly.

And as soon as she finished her sentence...

*Woosh*

A dark skinned young girl appeared just a few metres behind her.

She wore only black clothes, and even hid her face with a dark veil, the only non-black feature she has is her butterfly-like, white wings in her back.

The girl spoke as soon as she appeared.

"Yes Sakuya-sama, There are two other intruders, a Magician Female Human, and… a strange Male Human."

The moment the Perfect Maid heard the word 'strange', she turned her head to glare coldly at the girl from the corner of her eyes.

"What do you mean by 'strange'?"

"..."

In response, the girl crooked her head down in contemplation.

"You're the only useful Fairy in this mansion, are you planning to disappoint me too?"

*Flinch*

Sakuya coldly interrupted her thoughts, and the dark Fairy flinched from the meaning of her words.

"I-I don't know, i've never felt like this before. I-It's like when I am looking at the shadows."

"Shadows? Isn't that your representation of nature?"

"Y-Yes, I get this, strange... comfy feeling in my chest..."

Answered the Fairy as if she was bewildered and put a hand over her heart.

"..."

Sakuya raised a brow as she waited for her to continue, but never changed that cold glare in her face.

"Also… do I feel stronger?"

"..."

*Glare*

"I-I'm sorry Sakuya-sama, I can't explain it anymore than this."

"..."

*Glare*

"T-This is the first time something like this has happened to me, s-so i don't know what's going on."

"..."

*Glare*

"A-And t-that's why I said he's a strange human."

"..."

*Glare*

*Tremble* *Tremble*

As the Fairy has finished her explanation, she gets afraid of Sakuya's cold gaze.

"..."

Finally Sakuya turned back to the front, and asked without looking back, but still with a cold tone.

"...Where?"

"They went to the T-Taboo Room."

Answered the Fairy a little relieved from escaping the glare, but became afraid again when she muttered the words 'Taboo Room'.

"Hmph! Of all places, they went to the Young Mistress chamber." *Smirk*

"Y-Yes, I assume they're already d-dead by now."

"Even if it's just for a little, At least they helped to relieve the Young Mistress boredom."

*Gasp*

"M-Most certainly!"

The Fairy gasped when she heard the wicked tone in Sakuya's voice.

"You can go now, continue to watch for other intruders, I'll take care of the Harukei Shrine Maiden."

Her smirk lasted only for a moment before she returned to her cold expression as she ordered the Fairy again.

"Roger!"

*Woosh*

Then the Fairy disappeared from her place, as if she was never there in the first place.

*Boom*

"..."

*Rumble* *Rumble* *Rumble*

As soon as the Fairy was gone, a loud explosion was heard from a certain direction as the whole mansion shook afterwards.

"Hmph! It seems your diversion didn't work as planned, Hakurei Shrine Maiden." *Smile*

*Clack* *Clack* *Clack*

Again, her smile only lasted for a moment before it vanished as she continued to walk towards the reception hall of the mansion.

The only difference from before, is that she now has contemptment mixed within her cold eyes.

"No one can hinder my Mistress' noble conquest, even if it's the Shrine Maiden of Paradise herself."

And then she disappeared to another corridor as she left those cold words behind.


Gensokyo - The Scarlet Devil Mansion Library Entrance Hall

-= Marisa Kirisame's Point of View =-

"I KNOW IT-ZE!"

*BOOM* *Zap* *Swish* *Crash* *Crunch* *Crack* *Swish* *Zap* *Crash*

'I-I CAN'T SEE THEM ANYMORE-ZE! I ONLY HEAR THE DAMN SOUND EFFECTS-ZE!'

"S-Stay away from me! Why are you following me?!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs as I flew extremely fast with my broom.

*Turn Around*

"AHAHAHAHA! DO IT AGAIN! DO IT AGAIN!"

"OHOHOHOHO!"

The moment I turned around, I barely caught a glimpse of Killua, holding a purple danmaku ball, and about to throw it towards the excited Flandre.

*Dodge* *LOOOOM*

And Flandre barely dodged it in time as the ball flew in my direction.

"WOAH?!"

Again, I immediately ducked down as the purple danmaku flew terrifyingly fast above me.

*KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

"HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"

The entire freakish WALL together with whatever objects or walls behind it got obliterated to ashes, I can even see the outside in the far end of the holes, and just how big of an explosion that ball caused in the lake.

*Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble*

You can even feel the shockwave from here.

"Damn! It's still hard to control, I can't mimic those 'danmaku balls' you use."

"AHAHAHAHAHA! IT'S FINE! I LIKE THAT ONE YOU USE MORE!"

"Hahahaha, Is that so? then It's your turn now! Show me that trick again!"

"YAY! TAKE THIS! TAKE THIS! HAHAHAHAHA! THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!"

"Wow! That's so coooooooool! How can you do that?!"

As soon as she finished talking, the entire area was filled with her danmaku balls, they were in the THOUSANDS, and every single one of them followed a particular pattern, it was a sea of danmaku balls, that's just outright impossible-ze! Just how much mana does she have-ze?!

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

"T-They will kill me-ze! SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE ME!"

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

I shouted fearfully as I found myself in a Library-like hall.

'T-This is not at the level of a danmaku battle anymore-ze! IT'S A MONSTERS FIGHT-ZE! ESPECIALLY THAT GUY!'

"I can't even sense ANY mana from him-ze... SO WHAT THE HELL THOSE DANMAKU BALLS ARE-ZE?!"

"Ohohohoho."

"Ahahaha- Eh?"

"What-ze?!"

"Ohoho-... what's wrong? why are you looking up to the ceiling?..."

It seems the library has a glass ceiling, so it's possible to see the sky from here.

"THE HELL-ZE? WHY IS THE SKY RED-ZE?"

"Ah! right, I forgot about that, say Flandre, are you the ones who caused this Red Mist?"

*Turn Around*

I turned to look behind me and found that the manic couple finally stopped their onslaughts, and were hovering in the air watching the sky through the ceiling like me.

'SIGH-ZE'

"B-But w-what the hell is that-ze? i-is this your d-doing-ze?"

I asked the two fearfully.

The guy looked at me and shook his head before returning to look at Flandre.

"What is this...?"

Replied Flandre still looking at the sky.

"Flandre?"

Inquired Killua.

'This magical waves-ze… it's coming from here-ze?'

"That red mist or cloud or whatever it is-ze, i-it's obviously coming from this mansion-ze!"

I said as both me and Killua looked at Flandre for answers.

"I..."

She began speaking before she looked down sadly and shouted frustratingly.

"I-I DON'T KNOW! My sister ALWAYS leaves me out of the fun!"

"Flandre..."

"Sister-ze?"

As soon as that word leaves my mouth...

*Splotch* *Sploooooooooootch* *Bubble* *Bubble*

"Kyaaaaaaa!"

"Flandre?!"

"What the hell-ze?!"

Suddenly a huge tornado of water erupter from nowhere and entraps Flander, then it compresses itself into a perfect ball of water around her, but the water is still turning terrifyingly fast around it, it must be to make sure that Flandre wouldn't get out of it.

"I was wondering what all this ruckus was..."

As soon as Flandre was harshly captured, a female voice sounded from the ground level.

"It seems we had a pest problem."

And from the corner of a bookshelf not far from here... a short girl walked from it, she looks about 15 years old, and she is about the same height as me.

She was holding a book using her left arm, and her right hand was glowing with a bluish color as she was directing it towards Flandre, she must be the one that captured her.

Her hair and eyes are purple, and have many ribbons tied to her hair and other parts of her clothing. She also wears pink pajama-like clothing and a night-cap with a gold crescent moon on it,

"P-Patchy?!"

It seems Flandre recognized her.

'T-This strong mana...She must be a skilled magician-ze!'

I was surprised as I could sense strong mana from her.

"Waaaah, Water Sign 'Bury in Lake'!"

Suddenly another female voice was heard from the same corner she came from.

"To use Flan-sama's weakness to water against her! You truly are a great magician, Patchouli-sama!"

And then, another girl flew out from there, she shouted excitedly and began hovering left and right behind the one that she called Patchouli.

She wears a black dress with white sleeves, And has a small pair of black, bat-like wings on the sides of her head and long red hair, together with other bat-like wings on her back and a black tail protruding from her butt, i think she's a devil.

'I know it-ze! She's really a magician-ze!'

While I thought that, the magician called Patchouli glared at Flander and said with a cold tone.

"Be a good girl, Flan."

"B-But, I-"

"Didn't Remi tell you? We're all... VERY BUSY RIGHT NOW.."

"Ah..."

Patchouli narrowed her eyes at the end of her sentence, and Flander was frightened as she lowered her head down with small tears forming in her eyes.

'Right-ze!'

I just remembered something as I went down and hovered closer to the magician.

"Hey, magician, what's with the sky-ze?! Is that you lot doing-ze?"

As I got closer to her, the magician lowered her hand and turned to face me, while the devil girl landed on the floor behind her and gave me an annoyed gaze.

"Yes, with that Mist, Gensokyo will be plunged into eternal darkness..."

The magician answered me leisurely with a stoic expression.

"And this land will become our Mistress', Remilia Scarlet's possession."

"What-ze?!"

"I'll let you off with your life, so run along now."

"W-Who do you think you are-ze?!"

"We're going to be busy dealing with that Shrine Mai-"

"SHUT UP."

*Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble**Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble*

"?!"

"?!"

"?!"

"?"

*Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble**Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble*

Suddenly the entire world turned upside down, All the glass in the mansion broke apart, all the candles in the library blew off, every bookshelf was blown to the wall, all the books flew to the sky, every furniture in the floor broke to pieces, the entire building was trembling violently.

*Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble**Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble*

'I… can't… breathes-ze...'

I thought fearfully as my whole being was scared to the brim,

'what... the hell... is this-ze...'

As I hesitantly lifted my head up, I found that the magician and the devil were having the same problem as me, we all became pale as we couldn't utter a word from our mouths, the magician had even lost consciousness just a few moments after I spotted her.

*Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble**Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble*

*Thud*

"THAT'S MORE LIKE IT."

As soon as she dropped unconscious, we heard an extremely cold voice, a voice that I would never forget my entire life, but I know someone that has a similar voice like this one.

I then used every ounce of power I have, to barely turn my head towards where I heard the scary yet familiar voice came from.

*LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

"?!"

'G-God'

That's the only thought I had when I spotted him.

He wasn't the same boy i knew anymore, he was something else, something that i can't even comprehend.

Even though his appearance didn't change anything, I feel as if he's another being entirely, something that can't be measured with words.

Perhaps that has something to do with the flaming bluish shade or aura-like thing surrounding his entire body.

And the ball of water that surrounded Flander was no longer there, i don't know if it was nullified when the magician lost consciousness or if it just, like us, felt this same terrifying fear, and couldn't handle it anymore, just like it's caster.

"Killua?..."

Then suddenly Flandre spoke up, she was wide eyed as she stared at him.

How can she even speak in the first place? doesn't she feel this terrifying feeling when looking at him? Doesn't she feel inferior when standing in his presence?

*Turns around*

"Flandre..."

When Killua noticed her, his gaze softened and he hovered closer to her.

"Eh?! k-Killua?"

As soon as he reached her, he gently carried her in a carry princess and then they disappeared from their place.

*Zap*

*Thud* *Thud* *Thud* *Thud* *Thud* *Thud* *Thud* *Thud* *Thud*

And the moment they were gone, everything returned to normal, the floor stopped trembling, the books falled back to the ground, the magical candles lit up again and the FEAR was also gone.

Which means we can finally breathe again.

*GASP* *GASP*

"What the-"

*GASP* *GASP*

"...Hell-"

*GASP*

"Was that-ze?"

I said in choppy words as I tried to catch my breath, and tightly clutching my broom to not fall down to the floor..

"Ahh… my Asthma..."

"Are you okay?! Patchouli-sama?!"

I then turned to the side and found the devil girl panicked as she tried to nurse and tend to the barely conscious magician.

"...who in the world is that guy-ze?"

I said bewildered as I looked back towards the place Killua was a moment ago.

"Marisa?"

Suddenly I heard another familiar voice.

"?!"

"Is that... Reimu-ze? You were here too-ze?"

Then someone came through the ceiling, it's Reimu.

"What happened here Marisa?"

Asked Reimu while looking around the former library as she came to my side.

It can't be called a library anymore, it was a mess everywhere you looked.

"I-I don't know-ze…"

"Is that so?"

And then we looked around for a few seconds before I remembered something.

"...Right-ze! If you're here, why didn't you stop this Mist yet-ze? The one responsible for that Mist is in this place-ze!"

"Well, it took me some time to deal with one of them, she was more capable than usual."

'What? Someone managed to trouble Reimu-ze? It can't be Killua-ze, right?'

I thought as I widened my eyes.

"Anyway, let's find the one responsible for the Mist, and solve this Incident already, I want to relax a bit after yesterday's Incident."

'H-He was here just a moment ago-ze...'

Well, she said a 'She', and I don't think even Reimu can beat that guy unscathed, so it must be someone else.

"O-Okay-ze."

After that, we ignored the wary devil girl and searched for the one called Remi or Remilia Scarlet, but even then, i still can't forget what just happened, and couldn't remove killua from my head, he was just way too enigmatic for me to ignore him, however, it seems Reimu just shrug him off as another brat when i tell her about him, really, as expected from Reimu-ze.

93