Chapter 14
2.1k 6 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Makai - ?

'Makai' or 'Demon World' is a world that exists seperate to Gensokyo and the Outside world.

It, along with all the beings that live here, were created by the 'The God of Makai', Shinki.

It is not to be confused with Hell.

As it is not a place for the afterlife when Phantoms are judged by the Yama for their guilt, but instead it is merely a place where Demons and strong Youkai live.

However, because of those same dangerous inhabitants, it is one of the most fearsome places a Human or even a Youkai can ever think of placing their foot in.

It was even said that Makai is scarier than Hell.

And one of the reasons it was called that, is probably because much of its terrain that has a deep red color and contains various items that cannot be found anywhere in the Outside World or even in Gensokyo, such as the Magic stones, Makai mushrooms and more.

Those items are something that any skilled and expert Magician, Wizard, Witch, Monk, Hermit and even lesser God would risk their own life to obtain.

And also many of those materials in Makai contain their own will, thus any item that came from the world of Makai is directly considered a 'cursed item' by the residents of Gensokyo.

And just like Gensokyo, Makai also has the fairies, but only a rather sinister and dark-coloured ones that lurk around while blending in the dark scenes.

For those that were used to the cheerful and innocent white fairies in Gensokyo... this place would definitely be a nightmare.

Makai also has a barrier called 'World of Fantasies' that makes it difficult to immigrate across from the outside.

This barrier has an unstable land with a harsh and unearthly nature that makes it difficult to survive in, to the degree that some powerful Youkai and Humans live here to train their own powers and test their limits to reach higher levels.

It should be also noted that this barrier is filled with a toxic miasma that's physically harmful which makes it impossible to get to Makai, but it strengthens magical spells and seals, and it can also make learning magic easier for a Human, thus it's considered a heaven for any Magician or Great Magician since the beginning of Magic.

And in the 'Era of Magic', in those ages... Humans who have reached and come back from this place... are considered a 'Legendary Magician' and every kingdom in the Outside world treats them with Royalty-level respect and hospitality.

That's just how DANGEROUS and mysterious this world is.

Makai once had many and numerous entrances across the world, but today, all of them have been sealed and the only known remaining entrance is currently in Gensokyo, located in the mountains behind the Hakurei Shrine.

But actually... Only a handful of individuals in Gensokyo know about this, since not even the current Hakurei Shrine Maiden know about it.

And in such a dangerous world... in the very end and innermost of such a terrifying world... there is a place called 'Pandæmonium'.

It is also called 'Fortress of Shinki', and just like its name signifies, this is the place where the very creator of Makai resides in.

It seems to be a castle constructed from some sort of rose-like crystalline material... very different from the gloomy and dark atmosphere around it.

And from the top of the tallest tower... that was built in the middle-back of the castle... a very bright and emerald pillar of light was extended towards the sky, as if that beautiful pillar of light was the only thing that would embrace and shoulder the gloomy sky from falling.

And the residents of this fairyland-like castle are 3 individuals.

The first one is Yumeko, known as 'Makai Maid', she's a Demon, a Maid, the strongest creation of Shinki and is the one responsible for everything regarding the castle and the daily needs of the other two residents, she's also responsible for handing down the orders from Shinki to the residents of Makai, and can be considered the active leader of the Makai.

The second one is Sariel, known as 'Command of God', 'Fallen angel' or 'Angel of Death', she's an Angel, a Seraph, one of the strongest Angels, creator of Magic, progenitor of Magicians, Shinki's angel, the second strongest being in Makai and as Shinki's angel... she's her right hand and absolutely most faithful servant in the world, however, when she's not needed... She's usually in the Fallen Shrine.

And finally Shinki, known as 'The God of Makai', she's a Goddess, Makai's creator, Demons creator, True Goddess and one of the most powerful beings in existence, when she's not busy managing Makai... She can be seen lazing around in Pandæmonium.

Pandæmonium is currently empty, even if you search the entire building... no one can be seen.

However, If you've reached the brightly illuminated underground level... there… you'll find a diamond door in the Middle of the innermost hall, it's constructed entirely from diamond and is standing unattached above a crystalline circular altar, the floor around and in the altar itself is engraved with extremely complex and numerous patterns all over it.

Those patterns are bright purple in color and with every second... they beat to live like a human's heart... they are also concentrated towards a huge magical circle-like pattern directly under the majestic door.

This door is something that only the 3 aforementioned individuals know about.

It's an entrance to a special dimension... one that Shinki has put all of her ancient knowledge and godly powers to create.

In this dimension... no matter what you do, the dimension would never break from it and it will never affect the other dimensions.

And if we go through the door to the dimension… everywhere you looked is... white.

The only non-white thing in the Dimension is the same diamond door that you came through.

So, besides that door… the floor, sky and everything else is just void and white.

Then suddenly…

*ZIZZLE* *Crackle* *Crackle*

A literal thunder just formed from out of nowhere.

"S-Shinki-sama..."

"Again."

Then followed by two female voices…

*ZIZZLE* *Crackle* *Crackle*

Then another thunder formed, it came from the palm of one of the two individuals.

"..."

"..."

Those are not just any individuals, they are two of 'the three residents of Pandæmonium'.

The first one is Yumeko, she has yellow eyes, yellow wavy hair and wears a red and white maid outfit.

She is currently fidgeting nervously as she stared at the other individual.

And that individual is Shinki herself... She has shining light-blue eyes, long and celestial white hair and has six heavenly and white wings on her back, she seems to wear a fluffy, robe-like and red dress with some white and dark at the ends. She also wears crimson and black long boots with some strips dangling all over her outfit, and the two tiny red beads hair clip to tie the small ponytail at the left top-side of her hair.

She was currently pouting with puffed cheeks as she stared at her smoking pale right palm... it seems the previous terrifying thunders came from there.

Both of them looked about 16 years old girls.

"S-Shinki-sama, why do you want to learn those weak Danmaku so badly?"

"Sigh, you don't understand Yumeko… If I learn it, then I can finally enjoy a fair and balanced battle."

But for those who know their identity... Those cute forms are nothing but a terrifying nightmare in their sleep.

"B-But, you have been doing this f-for a week now… how come you haven't succeeded e-even once yet?"

"That's because… this 'Danmaku' thingy is so weak I have to use an impossibly small amount of my power."

"?"

"Hmm, If I have to compare it to something… it's like filling a small spoon using a gigantic barrel of water."

Shinki answered as she shrugged her shoulders.

"T-Then, doesn't this mean… even if you learned it, you still won't be good at it?"

Yumeko asked again hesitantly.

"That's right~! If I have to guess… teen, no twenty years would be necessary for me to be able to continuously keep my power at this absurdly low-level state, and at that time... I don't think I will lose to anybody in a 'Danmaku fight'."

"Eh? t-that long?"

Yumeko said uncertainty.

"Umu~ so it's actually very possible for me to lose a Danmaku fight in that span of time~"

*Twirl* *Twirl*

Shinki answered joyfully as she began twirling around.

"I-I don't understand Shinki-sama, why are you looking forward to l-losing to someone?"

*Twirl* *Twirl*

"You just won't understand it~ even if I explained it to you~"

*Shakes head*

"Sigh, I shouldn't have told you about it..."

The Makai Maid sighed as she felt regret and shook her head sideways.

She won't be able to forgive herself if her master and creator ever lose to someone because of herself informing her about 'Danmaku Rules'... she even secretly made an oath to never let anyone challenge Shinki before those 20 years have passed...

And because of their creator's new restriction… now all of them have to only use light-based Danmaku battles against invaders… very far from their dark-based and enormous racial powers...

*Twirl* *Twi- *Stops*

While Shinki was twirling happily, she abruptly stopped in the middle of one of her twirls.

"Wha-"

Yumeko, who was looking down helplessly, noticed something was wrong and lifted her head to ask her creator what's wrong, but she stopped abruptly.

That is... because... her creator's heavenly and white six wings were GONE, and were now replaced by the menacing purple ones with red markings.

*Bows down*

As soon as she saw those wings, the strongest Demon immediately bowed down and silently waited for her master's orders.

"This… strong... God… Ki..."

Her creator's cheerful voice was also gone, and was replaced by a dead serious and cold tone.

"It's… equal... no... slightly stronger... than… MINE?"

Shinki now said with a mix of surprise with her serious voice.

And the Makai Maid didn't dare ask what a 'God Ki' is... all she cared about was to wait for her next orders.

"It was only for a fraction of a second… but... I definitely felt it… even from here..."

The God of Makai continued talking to herself.

"To be able to completely... and immediately erase the presence of that amount of God Ki… just who in the beginning of time is SHE?"

*Spark* *Spark*

"To make ME this restless… how come I didn't KNOW about this formidable Goddess?"

*Gasp*

Shinki suddenly said with an angry voice as black sparks began forming around her entire body, and the strongest Demon couldn't help but gasp at the tone of her master.

Even since she was created… she has never seen this side of her creator...

Her creator… no matter what happens... always displays a gentle and kind demeanor towards anyone… even to those lowly species...

*Spark* *Spark*

"FINE then..." *Smirk*

"If you're gonna PLAY 'hide' with ME, then... I'll pay you a VISIT."

*Turns around*

Shinki then turned to look at her strongest creation.

"Tell Sariel IMMEDIATELY, to come here and be ready at my call, and inform her that I will also allow her to use her magical powers too."

"As you wish, my Goddess."

Yumeko replied reverently, as she bowed even more deeply than before.

"Oh, and this is only until I come back... but I will temporarily revoke the restriction of 'Absolute Taboo'."

"?!"

"Tell them they can KILL ANYBODY that intrudes Makai... and NO MATTER who he is."

"...As you wish." *Smirk*

The strongest Demon smirked, they can finally go all out and show those lower species who's the ruler in this world.

"ALSO..." *Spark*

*Flinch*

"NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE MAKAI."

"..."

*Glare* *Spark* *Spark*

"UNDERSTOOD?"

*Gasp* "A-Alright, I'll immediately s-seal the inner entrance..."

It seems their creator is still as merciful as always...

Why wouldn't she just give them the permission?

They will bring the ENTIRE world under her...

Those weak and LESSER species should know their PLACE, they even dare live in THEIR own home's barrier…

But their creator... not only forgives them, but even allows them to enter Makai and live with them.

She even forgives them when those weak... oblivious... TRASH dare raise their hands over THEIR own creator.

THERE IS A LIMIT TO HOW FORGIVABLE ONE CAN BE!

But she's also their creator... so... they... have no other choice... than to let them do what they want... even if those TRASH would ever shame their Goddess…

*Drip* *Drip*

This was so frustrating that the strongest Demon clenched her hands so hard some blood began leaking from them.

*Nods*

Shinki then nodded at that in approval before she turned to face the white void.

"Now then… Let's go see our timid Goddess over there~"

*Swish*

After that, Shinki… and with a smile... lightly slashed with her left hand in the air.

And from there… The entire dimension was split in half as an enormous black gap formed... it seemed as if the abyss-like gap would swallow everything.

*LOOOOOOOOOOOM*

"..."

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii?!"

Yumeko Screamed in horror at the size of the gap and how screwed and dangerous it looked to the eye.

*Step* *Step* *Step*

Shinki was unaffected as she slowly and leisurely walked to the horrifying gap.

*LOOOOOOOOOOOM* *TZZ*

And as soon she walked in, the gap immediately closed and the dimension seemed to return to normal.

*Thud*

When she saw the gap closed completely... the strongest Demon dropped to the ground from her trembling knees.

"W-What's going on? W-Why is she suddenly s-so worked up?"

Her master was so distracted that she even forgot that you can't affect the other dimensions from here... however she still forcefully opened a gap nonetheless...

As expected of their creator, she can even defy the rules of the worlds she creates.

"A-And what is a 'God Ki'?..."

The Makai Maid thought about that seriously for a moment before she remembered.

"Ah! I must hurry up and inform Sariel-sama, then seal the inner entrance!"

She then hastily stood up and immediately moved to follow her creator's orders.

She wouldn't dare face her if she ever screwed up something while her creator is away.

77