Chapter 38
658 8 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earth - Japan's Sky

-= MC's Point of View =-

"We're close now."

When I could see Gensokyo in the distance, I told Ophis who just silently nodded in acknowledgement.

She was still following me for half an hour now. Throughout the journey I tried multiple times to start a conversation with her to know a bit about her but she just gave those short and consis replies with that same expressionless face of hers.

In fact, the only time she ever showed any indication of emotion is when she suddenly asked me to help her kill this 'Baka Red' of hers.

Even though I say emotion, in fact nothing changed outwardly but for me who could see the unseeable, I noticed her infinitely large dragonic soul tremble in irritation at the mention of this 'Baka Red' she wants to kill.

I don't know who this stupid? red she was talking about and I honestly don't care so I just told her 'Is that so, I'll think about it.' and continued flying while ignoring her.

If she keeps tagging along I might ask her more about it sometime in the future, but for now I would rather not delay visiting Flandre more than necessary. Poor girl is probably feeling lonely right now. Perhaps Mokou too, but Mokou is a big girl so she comes next.

So with that in mind I slightly increased my speed and immediately entered Gensokyo as I passed through the The Great Hakurei Barrier.

*SLAM*

However, while doing so I heard an extremely loud slamming sound and also noticed that Ophis was not beside me anymore. So I stopped in the air and turned around.

"Hmm?"

"..."

There, behind The Great Hakurei Barrier. I could see a frowning Ophis rubbing her forehead.

"Ophis? What happened?

I asked her as I flew closer to her. She was currently in front of me with the barrier standing between us.

"..."

Instead of answering me, Ophis stopped nursing her red forehead and slowly moved her hand forward.

*Spark*

As soon as her small palm touched The Great Hakurei Barrier, it reacted violently to her touch and some kind of invisible force pushed her hand away. Ophis' frown deepened before she then proceeded to use brute force as she used both her hands and squeezed the transplant barrier as if to tear it apart.

*Spark* *Spark*

The barrier again reacted violently trying to push her hands away, but this time Ophis stood her ground as the aura around her shifted. For my part, I just flew backward a bit to give her more space to do her thing.

"It's. Futile."

*Crackle* *Crackle*

Under Ophis's immense power, the barrier was slowly being ripped apart until there was a small hole between her hands that were squeezing two parts of the barrier in her small palms. After she saw the opening, somehow a dark snake appeared from under her sleeves and it jumped through the hole.

*Hiss*

As soon as the snake passed through the barrier it then turned into a magic circle with the symbol of infinity. And at the same time that happened another one appeared just below Ophis.

*Tsst*

The next second after that, Ophis then teleported above the magic circle inside the barrier.

"Oh, that's clever."

I praised Ophis who now stood beside me and was looking at The Great Hakurei Barrier that quickly closed the hole she made. When she heard me, Ophis's frown disappeared and she looked at me.

"This. Barrier. Very Strong."

"Really?"

Is it really that strong? It doesn't seem that strong to me though. But to me, now everything feels weak so...

"But why did it block you and me not? Do you have an idea about that?"

As I asked her that, Ophis' lifeless eyes then narrowed and turned to the barrier again.

"Baka Red. I can feel it. Others too. All strong. Killua, what is this place?"

Oh, that's the longest sentence I heard from her so far. I put a hand to my chin as I tried to remember what Mokou told me about Gensokyo.

"Hmm, here? It's called Gensokyo. I don't really know the details but I heard it was created to save the Youkai from getting extinct."

"...Youkai?"

Hearing my answer, Ophis blinked as she tilted her side to the side cutely.

'Did she never heard of the Youkai before?'

"Well-"

As I was about to explain it to her. I stopped as I suddenly could feel multiple large life forces moving extremely fast to our direction. They were in the dozens, some moving thorough land and others through air. I can even feel some ripples of space, time and reality around us. A sign that others will directly teleport to here using their abilities or magic.

'They must have felt what Ophis did just now and came to check.'

The moment I got to that conclusion, I immediately put a hand above Ophis's head and used Instant Transmission.

*Tsu*

The next nanosecond we were already out of there.


Gensokyo - The Scarlet Devil Mansion Outside Entrance

-=  Hong Meiling's Point of View =-

"Funya~ What a great day."

I said as I stretched my body after a good night of sleep.

"Perfect for training." *Smirk*

I then took a martial arts stance as I prepared for another long training period. Ever since I met 'that' person. I promised it upon myself that I would train every single day to at least move a step closer to 'him'.

"Hoya!" *Ta* *Ta* *Ta* "Hadouken!"

I started throwing kicks and punches faster than what the normal human's eye can see before suddenly stopping and sending a powerful palm forward. A blue ball of Ki was launched from my hand as it traveled towards the misty lake before exploding above water.

*BOOOOM*

The massive explosion of Ki produced an enormous wave that was quickly approaching the mansion.

*Inhale*

I then inhaled a mouthful of air and waited until the huge wave reached the shore.

*LOOOM*

As soon as the massive wave towered above the mansion, I activated the Rinnegan and then I slowly moved both of my hands in a circular motion from behind to the front as if to slap something. However when my hands met, there were afterimages of my hands that also followed and did the same thing.

"Shinra Tensei"

When I muttered that, everything in front of me disappeared. Starting from my feet everything was pushed away together with the ground, rocks, sand, the wave and everything. The lake itself was pushed away as an invisible force took and forced it away.

"Huuu."

Once I exchalled, the invisible force stopped and slowly retracted as the water immediately returned back to fill the empty hole in front of me. When everything settled, I deactivated the Rinnegan and looked at the destruction in front of the mansion as a wry smile appeared on my face.

"Ugh… I hope Patchouli-san will restore everything like it was before Sakuya saw it."

When I said that, a voice suddenly sounded behind me.

"Well, I can help you with that if you want."

"?!"

The sudden male voice startled me as I immediately turned back and threw a punch to whoever dared to sneak out behind me.

*Poke*

"Careful there, if I was any weaker I would have died you know~?"

Wha-?! He blocked it with his finger?!

I froze as I widened my eyes at the index finger casually blocking my Ki covered fist like it was nothing. Then I quickly woke up and immediately jumped back to make some distance from the intruder.

"..."

When I looked at the one who easily blocked my attack, I could feel my cheeks heat up.

'HOT!'

He was an attractive tall man with a lean build that looked to be in his later twenties. He also has snow-white hair with violet shades at the end and dark crimson eyes that look like they are about to swallow the world itself. He wears a dark blue zip-up jacket with a high collar and slim-fit matching black pants and black dress boots. Those that can only be found in the outside world.

As I carefully studied the situation, I noticed that he was not alone. There was a dark haired little girl about the same physical age as Remilia and Flandre. But even though she looked cute, I could feel my spine tremble when I looked at her lifeless eyes.

*Shiver*

"W-Who are you?"

I asked them as I took a step back, that girl gives me a bad feeling.

"Hmm? You forgot?"

The male looked confused for a moment before he bumped a fist on his palm.

"Right, after all it's been a whole two months or so. It's no wonder you would forget about me. Or, is it because of my new form?"

"What are you talking about? Did we meet before?"

I asked him as I lowered my stance, though I still kept my guard up.

"Yes, hmm. Actually… *Smirk* I think I know just the thing that will make you remember."

"Remember?"

As I muttered suspiciously, the man suddenly appeared in front of me.

'Wha- So fast?!'

Before I could even react, he already took my right hand with his left one and placed his other hand above it. He then looked directly at my eyes and gave me a knowing smile. I could feel the heat from his big manly hands firmly surrounding mine.

'CLOSE! HOTTIE SO CLOSE!'

*Blush* "Y-Yo-You! W-What are you doing?!"

"Relax~ just watch."

Just when I was about to kick him out of existence, I stopped as I noticed that as he moved his right hand up a purple ball of Ki energy was slowly forming on top of my hand.

"You're a Ki practitioner too?"

"Kind of."

"H-Hey."

"Hmm?"

"That's enough..."

"Hmm?"

*Tremble*

"Wait- HEY!"

"Hmm?"

"S-STOP! STOP IT! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!"

"But it's just getting started~" *Evil Smirk*

*Tremble* *Tremble* *Tremble*

"NO! PLEASE! I BEG YOU! WHAT IS THIS! AHHHHHH! MAMA! HELP ME!!!"

When the man finally stopped his insanity, what was once a small ball of Ki. Was now a mountain-sized ball of death that has enough power to destroy the entire world. Moreover, I'm the one holding it in my hands.

"AHHHHHHHHHH! TAKE IT AWAY! PLEASE TAKE IT AWAY!"

I was utterly horrified that the fate of the entire world was now sitting on my hands as I begged the mad man to take it away.

"Hahaha. Now then I will leave you alone to try and guess who I'm while I and Ophis over there will speak with Flandre. This will also serve as a valuable training for you. So be a good girl and wait for me okay?" *Spank*

The mad man said that while laughing as he spanked me in the ass.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAH! DON'T TOUCH ME RIGHT NOW!!"

"Oopsy~ Also, be sure not to drop it~ The fate of the world is LITERALLY in your hands right now. Let's go Ophis. Haha."

He then casually walked to the mansion while laughing loudly.

The emotionless girl however, blinked towards the mountain-sized ball of death and me multiple times before she approached me.

"..."

When she stopped just in front of me, she then took 'something' black out from her sleeves and put it in front of my face.

"Here. Want Snake?"

*Hiss*

It was a FUCKING snake.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! PUT IT AWAY! PUT IT AWAY!"

"?"

"Ophis, come on~"

When the emotionless girl saw my terrible state and heard the mad man calling her, she thankfully put the dangerous snake back to her sleeves and followed after him to the mansion.

Even though I'm the Gatekeeper, I can't stop them… I'm barely able to keep this thing balanced.

If I took even a single step right now… It will be the end of the world!

"PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!"

I shouted for their help one more time, but they just ignored me as they went through the entrance.

*Tremble* *Tremble* "..."

When I saw them enter the mansion without a care, I then understood that no one would help me. So I just tried my best to stop my trembling legs and took a deep breath as I closed my eyes to activate the Rinnegan.

'Fine then! Bring it on!'

*Ring* "Preta Path: Blocking Technique Absorption Seal!"

I will never be able to absorb it all… that is just impossible… but I will not die without a fight!

And then began my long long Ki absorption training.


Author Code: "More comments = More chapters" (Only <Thanks for the chapter.> are not calculated :D)

Next chapter: MC or SMC?

Also, poor Chinese Girl…

Chinese Girl: She is at least 40,000 years old. And since the Touhou Project's Author didn't specify her heritage powers I decided to give her the Sixth Paths Sage heritage. Though she's more versed in Ki than Chakra.

19