Chapter 41
491 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gensokyo - The Scarlet Devil Mansion Secret Basement

Somewhere deep under the Scarlet Devil Mansion. A place that can only be accessed through a secret door hidden somewhere in this vast building. In this very dark place, a prison was placed. It was a small one only about 30 meters square but a prison nonetheless. It has the typical iron bars that were still extremely sturdy despite being rusty for centuries.

"Ugh-..."

Inside such a prison, a man groaned as he slowly opened his eyes. He is a tall and bald man with a rough appearance typical of the thugs you can see often in the streets of the Outside World.

"The hell…? Where am I?"

The man used one hand to grab his head with a frown and got up to his feet. After looking around. he noticed that he was not in his gang's base, But in some kind of dirty dark place. The last thing he remembered before losing consciousness was seeing bloody red eyes suddenly appearing on the TV and then he found himself here.

"This… isn't the base?"

The man was confused as he walked toward the only source of light in confusion. However, before he reached the candle-like thing in the wall he suddenly bumped into something.

"What?"

As he looked closely at the iron bars blocking his path, the man's heartbeat gradually increased as he started to realize his situation

"Shit… not like this… no no no… NO!" *Baam*

The bald man roared as he used his entire strength to hit and try to rip the bars apart but to no avail.

"Don't fuck with me- FUCK!! LET ME OUT!!" *Rattle* *Baam* *Baam*

"It's useless pal, ya just wasting your precious energy like that."

The panicking bald man froze as he suddenly heard a dry voice coming from behind him. He immediately turned around and instantly grabbed his treasured folding knife from his pocket.

*Glint* "..."

After skillfully brandishing his knife, the man took a stance and narrowed his eyes toward the darkness.

"Easy there newbie, Ki ki…"

After hearing those words, the man's eyes finally adjusted to the darkness and he can now see what was deep inside the prison. And what he saw was not pretty.

"FUCK!! WHAT THE HELL?!"

Dozens of corpses lined up against the wall and littered all over the ground, it was a miracle he didn't stumble into one of them when he was walking earlier.

However, something was not right.

If all of these are corpses then where did the voice-

"Hehe-cough! cough!  Well, welcome to the party, my friend-cough! Cough!"

"Holy shit!"

When one of the corpses to his left suddenly lifted its head and started talking, the man's heart almost stopped.

"Y-You're still alive."

When the bald man looked closely, he noticed that what he thought before were corpses were actually all living people. They were just so malnourished and dirty to the point of being no different than corpses. The bald man's face turned pale as he looked back at the one who spoke to him earlier.

"Blurgh!"

When he saw the guy's disgusting face missing the nose and worms wriggling inside. The bald man was barely able to prevent himself from puking right then and there. He even lost his grip on the knife as he used both hands to cover his mouth and nose. The smell was also terrible.

"What-cough! Cough! Surprised?"

The half-dead man said while coughing violently. With each cough, more worms were thrown out from the hole where his nose should have been. The bald man ignored the worms hitting his feet with a grimace before opening his mouth.

"Hey, you! where the fuck is this place? What happened to all of you?! Who did this?!"

The bald man demanded answers and pointed to the people around him who were also missing other parts of their bodies like arms, legs, and some even private parts.

"Ki ki-cough! You mean this?"

The noseless man used his tongue to slurp some worms crawling on his face before he swallowed them with a crazed look on his face.

"Fucker, you're nuts."

The bald man cringed and took a step back as he heard the noseless man speak again.

"It's the devil-cough!"

"Devil?..."

When the bald man heard that, he looked strangely at the noseless man as if he was a lost case and want nothing to do with him. The noseless man noticed his expression and coughed a few times before laughing.

"Pal, we are all from the same bunch. Do I look like some naive goodie guy to you?" *Click*

"..."

The bald man's breath stopped when the noseless man suddenly pointed a gun at his face.

"Cough! Cough! Do you know? From where I came, they call me the boss. I ruled the whole damn underground. Street rats like you were scraping around to buy my junk."

Cold sweat formed in the bald man's forehead as he looked at the terrifying barrel pointed at himself. He didn't even see him grab the gun. This guy is the real deal.

"Now-Cough! Look at me… Reduced to a state where I have to breed and feed worms my OWN face to eat and survive."

"..."

"Cough! Cough! Ironic, isn't it?"

The noseless man said in a hollow and dry voice before slowly lowering his hand that was holding the gun.

"..."

Seeing that his life was not in danger anymore, the bald man took a deep breath and looked at the noseless man in front of him with a complicated expression.

"...you said something about a devil?"

After a while of looking at the pitiful state of the noseless man, the bald man finally asked. This time with a low voice and respectfully unlike before. The noseless man stayed silent for a while as he looked at the worms wriggling on the dirty floor before answering.

"...It will come every 12 hours. Sometimes 5 hours and other times every 20 hours. Basically, whenever it wants it will come. At least once a day. Then…"

"Then?" *Gulp*

"It will choose one of us. And then It will play a 'game'." *Shudder*

When the bald man saw the noseless man's fearful expression. He leaned closer to him and couldn't help but ask.

"Game? What do you mean-"

When the bald man got closer, the noseless man suddenly grabbed his shoulders and shouted at his face with a crazed look on his face.

"You fucking idiot! Don't you UNDERSTAND?!!"

"FUCK!!" *Punch*

When wriggling worms entered his field of vision, the bald man was immediately startled and he unconsciously punched the noseless man's disgusting face in reflex. And because of the current frail body of the noseless man, that punch was fatal as he immediately died on the spot.

"Shit…"

The bald man cursed as looked at the bloody face of the now-dead noseless man.

"..."

He snatched the handgun from his bonny hand and kicked the body away.

*Click* *Clack* "Damn. Only one bullet left."

The bald man checked and found out that there is only one bullet left on the gun. He also recovered his knife from the floor before moving around the filthy prison trying to find an exit.

"Crazy shit…"

He ignored the dying men and women groaning on the ground and brutally kicked those who touched him away. Effectively killing a couple of them on the way.

"P-Please help-"

"Tsk. Bitch! Fuck off!" *Thud*

When the bald man didn't find any exit. He clicked his tongue and stomped on the face of a woman asking for his help.

*Thud* *Thud* *Thud*

He kept stomping on her face violently many times as if to vent his frustrations. Before finally kicking her body away and sending it flying toward the wall.

"Hey! Hey~! I wanna play too!"

While the bald man was looking at the dying woman bleeding on the floor, he suddenly heard a child's voice beside him.

"...the fuck?"

As looked down to his right, he could see a blond girl with a ridiculous pink mob cap above her head. She also wears a red dress and a strange cosplay crystal wings thingy on her back.

"..."

Seeing the completely out-of-place kid, the bald man's brain short-circuited for a moment before he quickly recovered.

"Brat, where the fuck did you come from."

"Let's play! Let's play!"

When the girl ignored him and started excitedly jumping in her place. The bald man's expression turned dark and he pointed the handgun at her forehead.

"Don't fucking fuck with me you little fucking shit! It'll blow your fucking peanut-sized brain out fucking midget brat! I've got no time to fuck around!"

"Hehehe~"

When the girl giggled and actually smiled innocently at him. A blue vein appeared on the bald man's head and he immediately pulled the trigger.

*Bang*

The bullet was launched from the barrel with a thundering sound and it hit the little girl directly on the head.

*Pop*

But instead of entering her skull, the bullet just got flattened on her forehead as it slides down slowly and dropped unceremoniously to the floor.

"..."

"..."

At that moment, both of them were staring at each other silently. The girl's smile widened and the bald man's eyes almost jumped out of their socket.

"My turn~!"

"Shit-" *Tsu*

The bald man barely heard the girl talk, before she casually pointed her palm at him and closed it. And then the next moment he disappeared. Not even a single particle remained from his body. He died not even ten seconds after meeting the girl. And not even his soul remained. He was completely erased from existence itself.

"Eh?"

When the girl or Flandre saw that her playing partner died so easily again, she became immensely disappointed and looked down sadly.

"Again… It happened… again…"

She kept muttering in a low voice before a single tear dropped down from her ruby eyes.

"Killua… where are you…"

Flandre was crying silently inside the hell-like prison for a few minutes before someone suddenly called her name.

"Flandre-sama. You weren't in your room. I know you would be here again."

When Flandre heard the familiar cold voice, she froze in her place and her pale face turned even paler.

"U-umm, Sakuya. I-it's not what you think! I-I was just-"

Flandre started spouting excuses as she looked up embarrassedly at the expressionless maid that was glaring at her from behind the iron bars. When Sakuya saw the awkward form of Flandre, she just sighed exasperatedly and then disappeared only to appear next to Flandre inside the prison.

"Sigh. It's unacceptable for my lady's little sister to be in such an unsightly place."

"...I'm sorry."

Sakuya casually took a handkerchief from her dress and started to gently wipe the black area on Flandre's forehead. After she made sure that there was not a single spot left, Sakuya nodded in satisfaction and started calculating the number of people around in the prison.

"One cattle is missing… Flandre-sama, I have already said this many times before but can you please refrain from destroying our stock? Otherwise, I would have no blood left to make tea for you and my lady."

"...I'm sorry."

"My lady will be very troubled if she had to ask another favor from the Gap Youkai not even two days after the previous batch was transported."

"...I'm sorry."

Each time Sakuya rebuked her, Flandre just kept shrinking down further and further in shame.

"..."

When Sakuya noticed Flandre's pitiful state, she decided that was enough and she stated why she was searching for her in the first place.

"Flandre-sama, my Lady has called for you. She also told me to deliver a message to you."

When Flandre heard that her Onee-sama was looking for her, she perked up and looked expectantly at Sakuya.

"'My little sister~ rejoices. For that 'person' is coming back today.' was what she said-"

*Baaaam*

Sakuya didn't even get to finish her words before an explosion blasted in front of her. She reflexively closed her eyes until the cloud of dirt settled before slowly opening them.

"..."

She found that Flandre was already gone and a meter-deep hole was in her place with many cracks covering the entire prison's floor and walls. Even the entire frame of the metal bars was blown away and stuck to the ceiling together with countless human body parts and organs. Sakuya just grimaced as she thought about using her time manipulation ability to fix all of this damage.

Her lady's little sister was really hard to handle sometimes.

13