Chapter 42
427 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gensokyo - The Scarlet Devil Corridor

-= MC's Point of View =-

"Hmm. Nobody here."

"..."

After 'pranking' the Gatekeeper we entered the mansion and I was currently walking with Ophis through a dark corridor illuminated by the light coming from multiple colored windows at the wall.

"Ugh… the humans back in my world use this same architecture repeatedly to the point that I now found it utterly uninteresting and honestly somewhat revolting."

I unconsciously said as I rolled my eyes in disappointment. Of course, I could always give them new knowledge and advanced technology to dramatically boost their civilization. But that would ruin my experiment to see how far they can go on their own. Just giving a couple of them a bit of God Ki was already stretching the line quite a bit.

Though, why those rascals that I turned into literal Gods and Goddesses didn't use my gift to advance civilization is a mystery to me. After all, some of them are spying on the earth's inhabitants almost all the time. It's highly unlikely that those geniuses that earned my recognition didn't understand one or two things about how the modern world works.

Instead of doing that, they actually started building boring and useless pocket dimensions that serve no other purpose than either torturing or spoiling the souls of the dead.

As I was thinking about that, I felt Ophis tugging at my jacket so I stopped and turned to look at her. But I already have a guess about what she wanted to say.

"Ophis? You want something?"

"Watching us. Someone. I can feel it."

"As I expected, so you felt it too."

When Ophis said those words to me with a blank expression, I just smiled at her knowingly and silently expanded my omniscient senses.

At that moment, the world halted as an unfathomable amount of spiritual energy covered the entirety of Gensokyo. All the spirits, Ghosts, and phantom-based creatures trembled at the same time.

They all stopped in their places in confusion and horror as my senses passed through them and scanned every cranny and nick of this land. I even saw Angel standing beside the heavily injured Rinnosuke-san and… wait-

"WHAT?!"

"!"

When I shouted suddenly, Ophis was startled as she looked at me while tilting her head to the side.

"Wait for me here. Okay? I'm gonna take care of something real quick."

"?"

I didn't bother to explain anything more to her and I just teleported to that store alone. She could take care of herself anyway, and it's not like Flandre and others are stupid enough to offend a Dragon God without a good reason.

*Tsu*

After I used Instant Transmigration, I immediately found myself back in the center of the store.

"Hmmm."

I hummed while looking at the gruesome sight in front of me. I could see Angel standing leisurely as she stared with a bored expression at the heavily injured Rinnosuke-san on the floor in front of her.

"..."

However, what caught my eyes the most was what was happening a few meters to her left where an unknown girl that is most likely a Youkai casually eating the corpse of another girl. My alien eyes glowed ominously as I scanned them. Based on that body's exposed organs and its DNA signature, the dead person seems to be a human. Female. Also, one that is capable of using magic.

"..."

Without any warning, I just lightly waved one of my hands in front of me as the glowing white ring on my finger flickered to grey for a moment.

*Whoosh*

From that simple gesture, a subtle black wave spread from me and obliterated the awareness of every living thing in a radius of 100 meters.

Before they even noticed my presence. Both Angel and that… umm… 'unique' girl just dropped to the floor without any resistance whatsoever. This was the result of combining God of Destruction's Hakai Energy with my alien telekinesis powers. The outcome was a horrifying control capable of quantum-level precise annihilation.

In this case, I just erased some of the electrical signals in their brain responsible for transferring data which resulted in their mind losing stability and halting for a specific amount of time depending on the number of neurons that were affected.

This was only possible by honing the Hakai Energy with telekinesis powers meticulously and continuously to the absolute maximum for a whole two billion years. And even after that, I still needed to study countless amounts of living organisms and souls to understand what should be targeted and just how much should be erased to achieve a certain desired result.

"Just what in the world happened here."

I said in confusion as I hastily walked toward Angel's unconscious body.

"..."

After reaching her, I just crouched down slightly and used my thumb to press a hidden button on her high-tech armor. As soon as I pressed it, a holographic screen appeared in front of me.

*Blur*

I looked at it for a moment and then I put my index finger on it. The blue holographic screen suddenly morphed into a purple cube and then started hovering slowly toward me before stopping in front of my forehead. I then closed my eyes as Angel's latest memories were directly transferred to my brain.

"Damn… I completely forgot to lift that order while we are in Gensokyo."

When all the details of the terrible events that happened here registered in my mind. I just placed a hand on my face in exasperation as I realized that everything that transpired here was almost certainly my fault. I can't blame Angel, because she was just following my order.

"Sigh, at least I was able to interfere before things get really out of hand."

I sighed in relief as the purple cube turned back to the holographic screen and retuned back above Angel's body. I then put both my hands forward as a keyboard like-interface materialized just below the holographic screen. My fingers blurred on it as I used the interface to disable the 'Lord's Protection' protocol in Angel's real body's master computer. It seems that while I was in my true IQ state I decided that my safety was more important than the well-being of any living thing on this land so I left this protocol on. Completely disregarding whatever conscience consequences might have come with that decision.

Another reminder of just how much horrifying apathy comes with having too much intelligence.

*Tap* "Alright, now it should be good."

Once that was done, I stood up as the holographic screen disappeared and I leisurely walked towards the 'unique' girl that was laying unconscious above her 'meal'.

"..."

While walking there, I mentally invoked Mass Restoration multiple times in rapid succession.

*Tsu* *Tsu* *Tsu* *Tsu* *Tsu*

The blood that was originally everywhere magically disappeared in blue light as the body and the soul of Marisa returned to their original state. Even Rinnosuke-san who was behind me was now completely recovered as even his glasses were fixed and returned neatly to his face.

By the time I reached my destination, everything was already fixed so that if someone looked inside now they would see nothing unusual other than the unconscious people around and a super terrified Marisa looking fixedly at the ceiling.

She was currently hyperventilating and trembling violently as she continuously gasped for air.

"Hey. Are you okay?"

I said as I gently pulled Marisa from below the green-haired girl and lifted her into my arms.

*Flinch*

When Marisa heard my voice and felt my cold hands surrounding her, she flinches and was barely able to look at my face.

*Sniff* "I'm sorry-ze*Hic* I-I was*Sniff* just *Hic*..."

After Marisa calmed down a bit, she then started apologizing out of nowhere and began crying as she buried her face in my chest.

"Waaaaaah-!"

Looking at her pitiful state, even while knowing that I was the one responsible for her suffering. I still felt nothing. No remorse. No guilt. Nothing. Just cold indifference as I waited for the simple human to stop wasting her bodily fluids for nothing. Even going as far as considering if it was worth it to revive her at all. Utterly unnecessary. Useless. Unacceptable. So weak. Why am I allowing this insignificant thing to dirty my CLOTHES-

"!"

Realizing that my IQ started to leak and increase exponentially. I paused and injected more Ki into my glowing ring as a complex expression showed on my face. However, that only lasted for a moment before I tried to smile and comfort the frail human girl in my hands.

"I know. I know. It's okay now."

"*Hic* R-Really?"

"Look, your friend is also fine. It was all just a bad dream"

"Konnin?" *Sniff*

After I awkwardly comforted her, I put her down to stand on her own and pointed her toward Rinnosuke-san who was already awake and standing not too far from us. When he heard my words, he flinched and looked cautiously at me.

"Isn't that right? Rinnosuke-san?"

However, when I winked at him from behind the stressed Marisa. He only hesitated for a moment before he smiled convincingly and confirmed my lie.

*Ahem* "It's true Marisa. Those mushrooms you got us are really bad news. Who would have thought that just a simple sniff was all it took to lose all senses and induce severe hallucinations?"

*Sniff* "M-Mushrooms-ze?"

"That's right. Marisa. You have to be careful with those things."

As I looked at Rinnosuke-san who dragged Marisa away from me and was trying to somehow convince her. I noticed him sneakily signaling me to get the hell out of there using one of his hands. He also pointed at the still-unconscious Angel and the other girl as if to tell me to take them away with me too.

'Well, it's understandable…'

I just grimaced as I lowered my head in shame and proceed to effortlessly lift both Angel and the green-haired girl under my arms.

'Wait, Does he think this Youkai girl is also with me?'

As I was about to open my mouth to say something. I noticed Rinnosuke-san frowning and so, I just shut up and silently went toward the entrance. As I passed through it and into the dirt road, I stopped and closed the door without turning back by using my invisible tail.

*Click*

As the door closed behind me, I adjusted my grip on the two unconscious girls I'm carrying like some sacks of potatoes and then slowly started walking forward.

"This sucks…"

I started grumbling in displeasure as I kept walking mindlessly into some kind of forest. As I was walking, my mood gradually worsened. After about half an hour of mindless walking, I finally had enough

"Okay. Fuck this shit." *Thud*

I snapped as I threw both Angel and the other youkai girl without care to the ground. I then brought a golden sofa out of nowhere from my storage and lazily lay on it. The expensive-looking material stretched as it was barely able to support my ridiculous weight.

"..."

After positioning myself comfortably on it. I then used one hand to support my head as I looked silently at the blaring sun in the distant sky. A bored expression on my face as the forest breeze blew on my pure white hair.

"...It's lonely at the top don't you agree?"

After a few minutes of calm, I suddenly said as I kept looking at the sky.

"..."

Hearing no answer to my question, I opened my mouth again.

"How long are you going to pretend? I know you're awake. In fact, you already regained consciousness for a while now. You have a commendable life force. I guess, as expected of a being directly connected to the very nature of this planet."

After I finished talking, this time the Youkai girl who was unconscious on the ground slowly stood up and a parasol magically materialized in her hand as she suddenly pointed it at me. Sensing the killing intent in the air. I finally took my eyes off the sky and looked at her.

"Really now?"

I said in exasperation as my lethargic crimson eyes locked with her extremely bloodshot ruby ones.

"You! *Tremble* How dare you! You're dead!!"

The Youkai girl declared as an ethereal and violent aura suddenly exploded from her. All the flowers in our surroundings and trees bloomed and grow taller just from the sheer amount of extreme natural energy coming from her body. Looking at the fuming Youkai in front of me I just snorted.

"I admire your courage, despite knowing you have absolutely zero chance against me. You still stand against me. But that is nothing but baseless stupidity. In fact, why are you even so worked up? I only knocked you out for a bit."

"You-"

"Look… I'm not in the mode for this. Okay? So don't give me a reason to kill you. Alright? Can you please just like… quietly go away?"

When the enraged girl heard my words, she flinched, and her face turned so red as literal smoke came from her head.

"Y-You bastard!!"

The Youkai girl shouted at the top of her lungs and looked as if she was about to rush at me. But she just jolted in her place as her feet refused to take a single step forward. When she finds herself unable to move her body. The girl immediately panicked and started glaring fiercely at me.

"What did you do to me?!"

"Well well. Hilarious. It seems your body is acting up. Just what ridiculous instincts do you have? Or is it this planet's awareness somehow warning you or something?."

Watching the Youkai girl struggling desperately to move her body. I just chuckled in amusement while still laying on the sofa.

*Tremble* *Tremble*

However, I then noticed that the whole area was suddenly shaking with pure concentrated nature energy exploding everywhere. At the same time, blue veins appear on the Youkai girl's forehead and her emerald hair turned larger as a monstrous blinding aura covered the entire forest.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!!! MOVE!! YOU!!! YOUUUUU–!$$@#!@%$"

The terrible white energy even expanded upward as dark clouds formed in the sky and red lightning started randomly bombarding everything to ash. I was a bit surprised when Angel's unconscious body was thrown away by one of the blasts and I quickly caught her in midair with my telekinesis powers.

"Eh? This is kinda getting out of hand."

Looking at the sudden unexpected destruction around me, I leisurely lifted my free hand and then snapped my fingers.

*Snap*

As soon as I did that. Everything halted as a transparent ripple rapidly spread from my hand and erased all the natural energy in its way. When the absolute ripple passed through the fuming girl. She was pushed backward in slow motion for about two seconds with a confused expression on her face before she instantly disappeared from view.

*Tsu*

She got blasted away with such incredible speed that she even completely destroyed the tip of a barren mountain that could be seen far away in the distance.

"It's finally quiet now."

I sighed lightly as I made space on the sofa and gently lowered Angel down beside me. I then used my left hand to support her from falling down and lifted my right hand with my palm facing the sky.

*Chirp* *Chirp*

At that moment, a small bird decided to show up and suddenly sat on top of my hand. It flapped its wings happily and looked down at me curiously. Its cute little eyes blinked as it chirped.

"..."

I brought my hand up in front of my face and looked at the innocent bird as my eyes glinted and then I casually swallowed it.

"CHIRP-?!!!" *Crunch*

"Now that I think about it, I actually haven't eaten anything since I've come to this word."

I said as I munched on the bird and tasted its fresh blood in my mouth.

*Gulp* "It is surprisingly delicious."

I gulped the last bit down my throat as a bit of light returned to my eyes.

"Well, I'm still interested in this Touhou story. So it will be a shame to ruin just yet." *Smirk*

I said with a content smile as I played with Angel's soft long hair between my fingers.


Author: Black Frieza

───█───▄▀█▀▀█▀▄▄───▐█──────▄▀█▀▀█▀▄▄

──█───▀─▐▌──▐▌─▀▀──▐█─────▀─▐▌──▐▌─█▀

─▐▌──────▀▄▄▀──────▐█▄▄──────▀▄▄▀──▐▌

─█────────────────────▀█────────────█

▐█─────────────────────█▌───────────█

▐█─────────────────────█▌───────────█

─█───────────────█▄───▄█────────────█

─▐▌───────────────▀███▀────────────▐▌

──█──────────▀▄───────────▄▀───────█

───█───────────▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀────────█

11