Chapter 43
407 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Moon - Lunar Capital

In the thriving and ancient metropolis of the highly advanced civilization of the Lunarians and Moon Rabbits. The headquarters or the palace of the Lunar Capital was currently in a strange situation because the old lofty officials who always acted arrogantly can now be seen walking around with haste and various expressions on their faces.

They didn't even bother to look at each other as they all tried to squeeze through the entrance of the palace.

"Move!"

"Out of the way!!"

"Let me through!"

Inside. It was complete chaos as serious-looking generals and the highest-level officials of the Lunarians quickly spread out and each one of them sat in their seat around in the Supreme Court.

In the front of the wide room. A sole man was standing silently with his hands behind his back. The stern-looking muscular man was a Lunarian and the prime minister of the Lunar Capital. He was wearing a black suit with a huge scar running down from above his left eye all the way down to his collarbone.

"..."

He stood in his place patiently as his dark-pink pupils scanned everything around him. After he made sure that everyone was present and took their seat. He then inhaled deeply and started the meeting.

"Greetings ladies and gentlemen, thank you for promptly coming after such short notice."

When the prime minister talked. His deep voice reverberated throughout the entire conference room as he continued with his speech.

"I Seraphormn Ga El Lunam, the current prime minister of this generation will-"

As the prime minister was following the usual procedures and was in the middle of introducing himself. A few generals and officials intercepted him with annoyed expressions on their faces.

"Enough!"

"Oh please!"

"Get to the point!"

"..."

When the prime minister glared coldly at those who rudely interrupted him. The Supreme Court immediately turned deathly silent. It really took a great deal of courage from one of them to swallow his fear and finally managed to say.

"I-I mean. We have no time for this…"

The courageous general said slowly as everyone around also silently nodded at his words. When the prime minister saw that everyone else was also restless, he decided to ignore the protocol for the first time in his career.

"Understood. Then let's directly get to the reason why all of you were called."

The prime minister said evenly as he lifted his right hand and moved slightly to the side. From behind him, a massive holographic screen appeared. On it, thousands of metrics of data and Scientifique graphs were shown. Such complex information would make any human's brain explode from the sheer amount of data presented. But for the people around such a thing was child play as they all almost immediately analyzed and calculated everything instantly.

"!"

When they recognized the familiar content of the holographic screen, they all paled as a few of them grabbed their chair handles tightly to control their emotions.

"As you all already know. It has only been a week since the 9th Cosmic Annihilation occurred. It is now estimated that exactly 61.8033989% of the universe has completely ceased to exist. Even with all our quantum computers and advanced magical telescopes working full-time and at maximum power, we were still unable to determine the reason for this sudden illogical calamity."

The prime minister paused a bit to look at the scared eyes looking at him before he continued. Cold sweat ran down one side of his face as he recalled what happened in the past three months.

"Even with all our powers and top capabilities. We could only determine one thing. And that is according to the pattern of cycles, it seems that this Cosmic Annihilation seems to avoid us for some unknown reason. Other than that, everything else seems to be completely random. As if it was sentient and only occurred at whim."

The prime minister shook his head in confusion before he suddenly looked up and narrowed his eyes.

"However, that is not why I called you all here today."

As he said those words in a cold tone, some of the people around squirmed in their places in anxiety.

Other than that insane calamity… What else was there to talk about?

"I will let you see for yourself."

As the prime minister said that, he turned around and looked at the massive holographic screen as a three-dimensional image of the planet Earth appeared on it. The Earth was then halved as its core was visible with various scientific texts and moving data graphs around it.

What was strange about the core was that instead of the usual molten or solid lava, there was an extremely complex and massive mechanical contraption moving and turning around at insanely ridiculous speeds. The whole thing seemed to be symmetrical and like an astronomical alien machine somehow squeezed deep inside the planet. Gasps could be heard everywhere as a huge commotion erupted inside the Supreme Court.

"WHAT?!!"

"A DYSON SPHERE??! HOW?!!"

"THIS IS A LIE!!!"

"NONSENSE!!"

All the Lunarians stood on their feet with utter unbelief showing in their eyes. Not a single one of them wanted to believe what they are seeing. Even the prime minister has a grimace on his face as he looked at the alien technology that obviously surpassed even their OWN.

"W-Was it perhaps… b-built by those humans?-"

When a fat official suddenly said those words hesitantly. The whole Supreme Court turned deadly silent as everyone glared at him fiercely. The poor official started sweating profusely as he tried to look as small as possible under those heavy gazes.

*Ahem*

The tense atmosphere was finally broken when the prime minister coughed into his hands to get everyone's attention back on him.

"As for THAT matter. We believe that it is HIGHLY unlikely. According to our constant monitoring, those earthling insects currently don't even have a complete understanding of mere quantum science that even our Lunarian children learn at the age of 5." *Smirk*

The prime minister said with clear ridicule in his eyes as everyone in the Supreme Court snorted in agreement with him.

"Now then. Back to the matter at hand."

The prime minister's expression quickly turned serious as he looked back at the strange structure showing the screen behind him.

"I propose that we use our more 'serious' planetary scanning devices to extract more data about this… anomaly."

After glaring at the alien machine one more time, he then turned back to the audience.

"However, that will result in a massive amount of radiation that might cause some damage to the inhabitants of the earth. According to our calculations, severe casualties are almost definitely expected to happen. But these lab rats and those supernatural guinea pigs are still somewhat needed for our ongoing experiment. It is necessary to hold a voting session to deal with this small problem. So with that in mind, we called you all here today to have your vote for this cause."

The prime minister said in a casual voice as if he was reading a textbook even when his words might decide the fate of countless innocent living beings on the earth. It was the same tone someone would have when talking about building a road over a colony of ants. There was no hatred in his tone, only mild annoyance that one would take into consideration when dealing with endangered animals.

"Then those who agree, please raise your hands."

As soon as the prime minister said those words. Everyone in the Supreme Court immediately raised their hands. There wasn't even a hint of hesitation in their decision. Not a single one of them cared one bit about what would happen to those who live on earth.

"Alright. Then we will start the scanning right now."

When the prime minister saw that everyone was voting as he expected, he then nodded and unanimously shot a pink laser from his gloved hand to the ceiling. The pink laser was then absorbed by a special transformer and was automatically transferred to another location. Not a second after, and from the top of the 'Moon's eye' tower. A massive ray of red energy was shot toward planet earth.

"Impacting in 8 seconds. 8… 7… 6…"

The prime minister started counting as the earth on the massive holographic screen was slowly getting bigger and bigger

"3… 2… 1. Impact confirmed."

As the prime minister said in a cold tone. A huge hole suddenly formed in a part of the earth's ozone layer. The ray of terrifying radiation then instantly hit the surface of the planet as a human town was completely obliterated from the face of the earth.

The Lunarians in the Supreme Court didn't even bat an eye as the humans that were living there were ruthlessly melted all the way down to a molecular level.

*Zzt* *Tzz*

However, when the screen was zooming in at the earth planet's core. The massive holographic screen suddenly started malfunctioning as static started showing all over it.

"?"

The prime minister frowned as he noticed that the closer they got to the planet's core, the more severe the static became.

*Tsu*

But when they finally reached it, the holographic screen then instantly turned black.

"..."

There was a heavy silence in the Supreme Court as everyone looked at each other in uncertainty. Something like this has never happened before. They have no idea how they should react to this.

Just when the prime minister was about to open his mouth. The massive holographic screen then suddenly turned blinding white as a booming voice sounded directly in the head of every living creature in the entire Lunar Capital. The voice was so ancient and eldritch as if multiple persons were speaking at the same time.

"How dareth thee tryeth to peek, lowly m'rtals? thee has't trespass'd into the w'rld of the l'rd.  Thou art seeking true demise.  Beholdeth.  The l'rd's domain is absolute.  Any furth'r ign'rance shall not beest tol'rat'd.  We, chosen ones, art watching at his gen'rous p'rmit.  Thee shalt not has't a second chance.  Thee've been did warn."

"?!!"

Outside the Lunar Capital, all the Gods and Goddesses widened their eyes as they felt countless powerful divine presences covering the entirety of the moon. The celestial pressure was so strong that some lower Gods even dropped to their knees with terrified expressions on their faces.

"Hmm?"

In the throne room of the Dragon Palace. Even Lord Tsukuyomi, the founder and lord of the Lunar Capital. Was forced to slowly open his sapphire-glowing eyes as he frowned in displeasure.

"These presences? Just who…"

Lord Tsukuyomi muttered with a curious look on his serene pale face as tried to remember the origin of these presences to no avail. Even he, someone who was here from the beginning of time didn't know who the owners of these powerful divine pressures are.

Back at the Supreme Court. As everyone was panicking and shouting angry curses everywhere. A beautiful girl was silently leaning against the wall with a sour expression on her face. She stood out like a sore thumb, especially when everyone around her was all old farts and sweaty old men. However, don't let her cute appearance confuse you. She is, after all, at least 1500 years old and the strongest person in this room. If not one of the strongest in the entire world.

"What a mess."

Her name is Watatsuki no Yorihime. A Lunarian princess and she is one of the two Leaders of the Lunar Defense Corps along with her older sister Toyohime. Like the Hakurei Shrine maiden of Gensokyo, Yorihime is also able to channel the power of the gods to do her bidding. Her abilities in this area far outclass even those of Reimu.

And as if that wasn't enough. By taking advantage of her advanced Lunarian brain and combining the skills and the life-long experiences of all the Sword-related Gods that ever existed in this world, she developed the strongest swordsmanship in existence. It was so powerful that if she isn't careful, she might accidentally slice the entire universe in half.

In fact, with the exception of her progenitor who holds the concept of Infinity. She could even slice all the other concepts if she wanted.

"Tsk."

Such a terrifying woman clicked her tongue in displeasure and promptly moved out of the noisy Supreme Court. As her crimson heels clicked on the hallway of the palace. A male voice suddenly called her from behind.

"Princess! Please wait!"

As she turned around to see who called her. She found the prime minister heavily panting as he bowed deeply in front of her.

"I'm deeply sorry you have to see such an ugly scene. I will definitely take measures so that nothing that disgraceful will ever happen again."

To anyone who saw this scene. They would say that the prime minister apologized sincerely to Yorihime respectfully.

However, Yorihime could definitely hear the sarcasm in his voice so it was like a slap to the face for her. Yorihime gritted her teeth in frustration as she tried her best to hold back her anger. Despite her absolute loyalty. Despite all the achievements she made for their glorious race. these fools still suspected her and her sister of treason.

*Crack* "What do you want? I'm really busy."

Yorihime smiled with barely contained emotions as the diamond floor under her cracked from the sheer killing intent concentrated inside her body. Oh, how MUCH she wanted to split this geezer into zillions upon zillions of particles.

"Hmph!"

Not noticing her internal turmoil. The prime minister snorted arrogantly and decided to get directly to the point. He lifted his head high and demanded.

"You. Tell us what you know."

"Eh?"

Hearing the sudden unexpected question coming from the prime minister. Yorihime who was thinking about how to cut him in the most painful way was startled and tilted her head to the side in confusion.

When the prime minister saw her strange reaction. It seems he misunderstood something and he became extremely furious.

"You fucking traitor! How dare you pretend! Tell me EVERYTHING you know! THIS INSTANT-"

When the prime minister insulted her directly in the face. Yorihime who was barely containing her emotions finally lost it and she immediately draw her katana.

*Tsu* *BOOOOOOM*

She only draw her katana and pointed it at the prime minister's neck. But nonetheless, the entire hallway and everything above were split diagonally as a quarter of the entire palace slowly slid down and dropped to the great garden below. The Moon Rabbits guards who were stationed there quickly got out of the way while screaming in fright.

"It seems I didn't hear you well. Can you please repeat what you just said?"

Yorihime threatened the prime minister with deadly killing intent that could be felt throughout the entire Lunar Capital. Her killing intent was so polished that it even took physical shape as a viscous black aura surrounding her entire body. Even her purple eyes turned into a dark color like bottomless holes. There was infinite bloodlust in those terrifying eyes.

*Gulp* "...I-It's nothing princess. Please forget what I just said. N-Now then, I beg your pardon. I will t-take my leave now."

After the terrified prime minister barely squeezed those words out of his mouth. He then hastily turned around and quickly ran back to the Supreme Court which was for some reason very quiet now.

"Tsk. Useless cowards. All you know is talk and make trouble. You're all just pitiful pieces of garbage and a disgrace to the entire Lunarian race."

Multiple gasps could be heard inside Supreme Court as Yorihime said those words with venom dripping in her voice.

"Hmph!"

She then sheathed her katana and started walking toward her older sister's bedroom. There was a cold expression on her face as she thought about the recent events that happened these last few months. The random annihilation of the universe, the alien machine inside the earth. And now these unknown Gods.

It all started on that day. When that beam of energy destroyed that galaxy.

However, she is the only one who knows about this. After all, she erased all evidence about that.

The reason she did this is that that beam originated from a particular 'place'.

A 'place' that no other Lunarian should know about.

Because her honorable teacher is hiding there.

"Hmm."

A trace of worry appeared on Yorihime's face for the first time in centuries.

"...is she okay?"

Yorihime's steps slowly increased as an unusual restless expression showed on her pale face.

"As I thought. I should visit that 'place' as soon as possible."

She needs to visit Gensokyo. Preferably alone.

16