Chapter 46
353 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

?? - Domain of the Gap Youkai

"A-At least the Dragon Gods are technically killable. So cheer up!"

The Goddess Okina said that as she tried her best to cheer the despairing Gap Youkai in front of her. And it seemed that it worked as the Gap Youkai finally regained some light in her eyes and she threw her arms above her.

"Sigh. Whatever."

Yukari sighed helplessly and flopped backward into her sofa, she was looking at the stars above her dimension with many different thoughts running through her mind.

Okina saw that and so she just summoned a small crystal table between them with two cups and a golden tray of heavenly tea. She elegantly poured the tea into both cups and offered one to Yukari who took it without looking and then proceed to drink her own.

"..."

"..."

There was a comfortable silence between the two with only the sound of sipping for some time before Yukari sat straight and opened her mouth.

"Say… So what happened to those two children after all? You still didn't tell me."

"Sure. I was getting into that."

When Yukari asked that, Okina looked at her for a bit before she put her cup on the table and then proceed to wipe her mouth with a white handkerchief.

"So as I told you before. I'm connected to those girls, so I could feel many things through my link with them. For example their location and also their life status. Whether they are dead, injured, or alive. Their grief and their suffering. Their happiness and much more. All those things naturally flow to me as the Goddess that is managing their souls."

"Sounds hard for the mind."

"Heh. You have no idea…"

"...'

"Anyway, so after that person killed me the first time. It seems he took those girls with him into the earth's core."

Okina said as she pointed towards the planet earth that was visible through the transplant floor below. Yukari looked down and blinked as if she heard something stupid.

"I know, it sounds ridiculous. But it's the truth. Why don't you check it with your gaps?"

"...Alright."

As Okina asked the Gap Youkai to use her abilities, Yukari agreed and waved her fan to the side as a mirror-like slit in space appeared to her right. Through that gap, an unbelievably massive alien machine was rotating with incredible speed.

*Clack* *Bang* *Bang*

"Ugh!"

"Damn it! Close that thing!"

The sound was so loud, that both Okina and Yukari winced before she quickly closed the gap.

"...As you can see. Through whatever means, that True God built this anomaly on his own and somehow linked it with his world. And according to my network, all that was done in a single night."

"What… how did he do it?"

Yukari was finding it hard to believe what the Goddess in front of her was saying.

"Something in this scale… no… but… don't tell me–"

"Yes. Time manipulation. Well, it's actually nothing surprising. All the True Gods possess some kind of time manipulation ability. Though this is the first time I see one of them use it like this. Also the location… no one will dare attack it. Because that alien thing emits an incredible amount of energy. If it was destroyed, it would take the entire galaxy with it."

"That's insane…"

Yukari said dumbfounded and put her cup of tea on the table as the Goddess in front of her smiled bitterly.

"That is a typical True God for you. Well, anyway. As soon as I pointed out the location of those two girls, imagine my surprise when suddenly I felt many connections being made with each passing second to my system. My God Ki was getting sucked rapidly to create countless souls while at the same time getting replenished with prayers coming from new believers. Not to mention the crazy amounts of emotions assaulting my mind at the same time. Even now, I'm having a headache just trying to sort them out. There is no end to them."

"Wait, you don't mean…"

Yukari put a hand to cover her mouth as she looked surprised at Okina who grabbed her head in pain.

"That right! Those girls… got pregnant and had children! And those children also had other children and so on! They now have so many generations already, It's ridiculous! I'm barely keeping up with their reproduction speed!"

"Oh my~!"

Yukari blushed as she tried to imagine what was happening on the other side. When Okina noticed that, she frowned and glared at her.

"It's not what you think, pervert! Those girls are already dead long ago! They died normally of old age some 13 hours ago. And they did NOT get raped! They simply found someone they love and lived their lives in that world until the end. That is what I understood from their emotions through my link with them."

"U-Umm. I see."

Yukari looked embarrassed as she covered her mouth with her fan and looked to the side.

"Sigh. And from those observations. What I understood is that the world of that True God seems to have a vastly different time scale than this world. That is not unusual, many beings had weird habits and do that for many different reasons. However, what we are talking about here is a horrifying scale of 1 to 300,000,000. A single day in this world is a million years in that one! This is something unheard of!"

*Blink* "Okay?"

Yukari looked blankly at the Goddess in front of her. She didn't understand the problem with that. And how that concern her or Gensokyo.

When Okina saw the Gap Youkai reaction, she clicked her tongue and grumbled.

"Tsk. This is why mortals…"

"What?"

Looking at the angry Gap Youkai in front of her. Okina sighed and stood up from her throne.

"You clearly underestimate the power of time. It seems we won't be getting anywhere like this. So I will take my leave for now. Just make sure you monitor that True God. I already took measures as backup, but we can't rely on that."

"'Backup'?"

As Yukari heard that word, she was interested. Just what kind of backup could help you against a True God?

When Okina heard her question, she smirked evilly and her golden eyes glowed. Yukari even turned tense at that dangerous expression.

"The second time he killed me... Hehe~ That was actually a trap. And he marvelously fell into it."

"A trap?'

"Well, you know that Junkitsune? That Divine Spirit that hates the Lunarians for killing her son?"

"Junko? That poor thing? Yes, I know her… But what about her? I hope you won't tell me she's the one who will help us deal with that True God…"

"Of course not, you idiot! My goal is not her, but that stupid fairy that follows her around all the time."

As Yukari thought about it, a name came to her mind.

"...Clownpiece?"

"Bingo!"

Okina dramatically pointed at Yukari as if she praised her.

"But isn't she just a mere fairy of Hell?... wait… no… Oh… Y-You stinking vixen~" *Smirk*

Yukari seems to have finally understood what Okina was planning as she covered her smirking face with her fan.

Okina gave her a matching smile as she said.

"So you finally got it. Clownpiece is a subordinate of Hecatia. Hecatia only lent her to Junko for a bit. Now, what would happen if that True God did something to her?"

"Fufu~ Hecatia won't stay silent..."

"Exactly! So the first thing I did was bring Junko and by extension Clownpiiece with me and then go straight to that True God. After that, all it took was a simple verbal provocation for him to explode. I bet that fragile Fairy is now crying to Hecatia all day as we speak right now. Hehe."

"...Really, sometimes your methods scare me... Aren't you supposed to be a Goddess of Life~?"

Hearing the Gap Youkai words, Okina rolled her eyes and summoned a golden door with a wave of her hand.

"Oh please. Spare me. Even I cannot deal with a True God directly. As they say, an eye for an eye and a True Goddess for a True God." *Smirk*

As Okina said that and opened the golden door, Yukari suddenly stopped her.

"Wait! You still didn't tell me who is it. Who was that True God at the end?"

"Oh? Well, I could tell you… but you have met him already. Twice in fact. I could even feel his distinct God Ki lingering around here. I think he was here recently."

"...Eh?"

*Turns around* "Hah? You didn't notice?"

"Notice what…?"

"It's that male Killua, don't tell me you forget about him already."

"????!!!!!!"


Hello readers, the author here. I got some time so I uploaded two chapters for you this time.

I hope you like it. By the way, everything is connected in this story. There are no random events happening. Each and every sentence in this story is carefully constructed and thought out.

Some are written deliberately illogical to make the story a bit interesting but will be explained in future chapters at the end one way or another.

I'm considering having the next couple of chapters about the SMC(Side Main Character).

Or do you want points of view from the people of Killua's world? Also, I'm thinking about a name for his world, what are your suggestions?

15