Chapter 48
523 5 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The outside world - Antarctica

In the most uninhabited, ice-covered landmass and coldest place on earth. And also the least-populated continent covered by the Antarctic ice sheet, with an average thickness of 1.9 km. Truly the coldest, driest, and windiest of the continents.

*BOOOOOOM*

In this desolate place, a terrifying explosion suddenly happened as a massive crater was formed in the vastness of the ice. The blast of the explosion was so large that multiple mountains were completely erased as the huge crater about 15km in diameter instantly dominated the landscape. 

An unimaginable amount of water vapor was also generated that could be seen even from outer space.

*Whoosh*

Soon after that, the Atlantic winds pushed through and slowly carried all the vapor away. The gusty currents quickly dispersed the scorching hot air as the giant crater was slowly revealed to the world.

All throughout the massive pit, hot water vapor was still pouring out from various locations as the sunlight slowly penetrated the fog and illuminated the center.

Inside such a horrifying crater, a single figure could be seen. It was a green-haired woman with crimson eyes and silk-white skin.

She is Yuuka Kazami, a long-lived youkai called the "Flower Master of the Four Seasons" and a Legendary Youkai.

“...”

As if nothing happened, the Youkai woman slowly stood up to her feet and looked dazedly at the white landscape in front of her. Her crimson eyes were opened wide as her long waist-length emerald hair fluttered without restraint behind her.

It has to be known, Yuuka is not just any Legendary Youkai. 

Yuuka's case is extremely special even among all the other Youkai in the world. 

All the Youkai have an innate connection to the Moon. Because it was the moon's dim light that gave birth to the Youkai by causing humanity to fear and create legends about them.

However, Yuuka did not have such a connection. After all, she was created by the Earth’s nature itself. 

A representation of all living beings' fears of mother nature. That is what the being known as Yuuka Kazami was.

If we look at it from that perspective, she wasn’t even a Youkai in the first place. But it was just the most convenient and closest word to describe what she is.

“Huh…?”

As Yuuka thought about what just happened, her whole face morphed into a pure incredulous expression.

“I lost…? So easily… Just like that… ME?”

As Yuuka barely muttered those words with an extremely high-pitched voice. All the winds on the planet suddenly stopped. Not a single gust of wind remained in the entire world. A horrifying silence descended on all of the Earth's inhabitants. It was as if nature itself halted its breath.

*Thump* *Thump*

Yuuka's heartbeat began increasing rapidly both in speed and intensity as her crimson eyes suddenly turned cloudy. They became so unfocused and glazed over as if she was unconscious. She was so enraged that she completely lost all her senses and even the capability to think. All that was left was an empty husk of a being that was supposed to be the strongest. There was no way for her instincts to restrict her anymore.

*THUMP* *THUMP*

Her heartbeat was now already so strong that her whole body trembled with each beat causing a small-sized earthquake to reverberate throughout the entire continent and beyond.

As the rate of her heartbeat became faster and faster with each passing second. Her already long hair grew even more until it almost touched the ground.

*Crack*

Then with a sudden jerk forward, two emerald green wings sprouted from her back and stretched well above her height reaching almost 3 meters tall.

As soon as those majestic wings appeared, a huge pillar of crimson light immediately exploded from Yuuka’s body and reached all the way to orbit. Many human satellites were immediately turned to dust as Yuuka’s surroundings were instantly destroyed at a molecular level.

All the natural energy of the entire planet was solely focused on Yuuka's body as a massive tornado of red lightning and black clouds formed in the sky surrounding the terrifying pillar of crimson light penetrating the heavens.

“...”

Yuuka Kazami's cloudy eyes finally regained their light as her whole face scrunched up into a horrifying expression. There was so much killing intent in her furious eyes that they threatened to swallow the entire world. A back aura of cruelty spread from her body and instantly killed every living thing within a thousand kilometers.

Animals, fish, plants, insects, human scientists, Youkai, Lesser Gods, and everything. They all dropped dead without so much resistance as their very soul was brutally disintegrated into spiritual particles. No one can escape from mother nature's wrath.

Yuuka’s death gaze then suddenly locked in a certain direction as if she had found her target before slowly bending her legs. Then with a silent scream, she launched her body forward.

“--!”

At that moment, a series of drastic events all happened in a few seconds at the same time.

In the first second, half of the Antarctica continent was crushed deep into the earth’s crust almost reaching the mantle layer. The sheer force of her legs transformed the Earth's Structure itself causing a 50km deep crater to form at the South Pole of the planet.

The next second. 20% of the Indian Ocean practically disappeared as a huge line stretched straight from Antarctica all the way to the Eurasia continent literally splitting the massive ocean in half.

Third second. Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, and Taiwan. Those entire countries and many others were utterly vaporized from the face of the earth. All of them were shredded and brutally rendered into flaming lava as Yuuka instantly ran them over with incalculable speed.

She didn’t even bother to fly, in her raging mind all that she thought about was a single man as she zoomed through half of the planet straight to Gensokyo in Japan. She didn't care about the consequences of her actions. All she thought about was a single man. And the only thing she was seeing was his nauseous life force.

Not a second later, he was already in her field view. Even though he looked somewhat different, Yuuka didn’t care. Even if he tried to hide himself as a child, he can't fool her. No one can hide from nature.

“---!!”

Yuuka clenched her right hand tightly in a silent cry and then used her entire strength together with all the terrifying momentum she gathered from literally running half the planet.

“?”

He noticed her, but it was already too late. She instantly reached him and then crouched down while squeezing every single damn fiber of her being before she punched him directly in the cheek. 

“DIE!!”

“Huh?--”

Yuuka relished in pleasure at the pure surprise that showed on the man's face before he then completely disappeared from Gensokyo. Only after he was already gone from the fucking solar system did the aftermath of that horrifying punch finally appear. A testament to just how MUCH devastating force she hit him with.

*Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam*

A massive shockwave was produced from her fist as everything in front of her disappeared, the whole forest was flattened and so were the clouds that parted outward in a single line going throughout the whole atmosphere of the globe.

“Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!”

When she heard a girlish scream, she turned to the side just in time to catch a glimpse of a familiar ice Fairy that was blown away by the blast. However, as soon as she turned her head. Two glowing blades were suddenly going for her eyeballs.

“!”

Yuuka widened her eyes slightly and immediately leaned her body backward to dodge them. The glowing purple blades passed above her head with terrifying speed. She didn’t even have the time to register who attacked her before the blades suddenly stopped midair and followed her eyeballs again with uncanny accuracy.

Yuuka kicked the ground to jump away from danger. She skidded across the ground of the destroyed forest for a bit before stopping and looking at her assailant. But her answer was in the form of a kick heading straight to her face. The Legendary Youkai cursed and lifted her hands to block it.

*Baaaaaaaam*

“Gah–!”

Yuuka felt her bones crack from the impact and she suddenly found herself flying above the sea. That kick was so strong it sent her out of Gensokyo too. Yuuka frowned as she heard a cold synthetic voice above her.

“Target successfully extracted from protected area Gensokyo.”

When Yuuka looked above her, she was finally able to see who attacked her. 

It was a white-haired woman wearing a maid outfit with glowing purple blades coming from above her hands. There was also a strange mix of purple and white metallic wings coming from her back.

“...”

While still flying from the momentum of the force of the kick with her back facing the seawater, Yuuka looked dumbfounded at the ridiculous outfit of the woman.

“Target lock. Eliminate.”

Once the emotionless woman said those words, Yuuka was forced to move her head sideways as one of the blades almost punctured her skull. She widened her eyes at the speed of the woman in front of her before she immediately countered and tried to kick her away.

However, much to Yuuka’s surprise. A blue light suddenly burst from the unknown woman’s metallic wings and she moved out of the kick before immediately doing the same again and unnaturally returned back to her position.

Yuuka took advantage of her previous kick momentum and immediately spun around as she kicked again with her other leg. However, the same thing happened as the woman just somehow moved out of the way and then immediately came back at her with her blades going straight to her unprotected blind spots.

“Hyaaah–!”

Yuuka gave a war cry as she skillfully used her palms to push the blades away before immediately throwing fierce successive punches at the woman. However, her opponent just keeps zigzagging in and out rapidly and each time she did that her blades occasionally grazed Yuuka’s body.

Yuuka saw that many bloody cuts filled her body and that her clothes were almost completely shredded. So she immediately dived down into the seawater to escape.

*Plop*

Yuuka kept diving extremely fast as the injuries in her body already regenerated.

“--!”

However, she was suddenly grabbed by her wings, and then a sudden pain came from her lower abdomen. Yuuka looked down to see that another damn blade came from the woman’s knee and was inserted into her side.

Yuuka was angry as a violent wave of red aura exploded from her body and blasted all the water and the woman away from her. She then immediately turned around and went for the offensive again. This time, however, a pink parasol appeared on her hand with a white light, and then she used it to stab the woman as a weapon.

In response, the white-haired woman easily blocked the powerful stab by crossing the four blades coming from her hands and knees as a shield. Then with surgical precision, she dashed forward to behind Yuuka and slashed at her back many times over at the same time.

“Ugh–!”

Yuuka’s grunted as she felt pain in her back before she immediately turned around and stabbed with her parasol again. This time, the woman dodged to the side and then for some reason hugged the parasol with her body.

As Yuuka was thinking about why she did that, she hissed and quickly dropped her parasol. Because from the elbows of the woman, another two blades suddenly appeared and stabbed at her hand.

“What the hell?!”

Yuuka shouted in disbelief as yet another two purple glowing blades appeared from under the woman’s shoes and she started relentlessly attacking her with all 8 blades at the same time.

*Swish* *Slash* *Slash* *Stab*

Yuuka was getting utterly demolished and had countless wounds on her body. 

She was losing this fight. 

She felt like she was dealing with an unstoppable tornado of blades that was just impossible for the humanoid body to deal with.

At the same time, she also felt a strange feeling watching the emotionless woman in front of her.

“...”

The white-haired woman just silently kept moving and bending her body at inhuman angles and with perfect almost unnatural precision. There was no battle spirit in her eyes. No excitement. No arrogance. Nothing. Just a dry machine with the sole purpose of killing and that's all. It felt like she was looking at a nonliving thing. 

But that is impossible! The woman in front of her differently has a life force. She also has a soul. 

As a being that represents mother nature, She can feel it!

Yet… something feels terribly wrong.

So terribly wrong.

And she just doesn’t know what it is.

“...Who are you? No… what the hell are you?”

Said the Legendary Youkai as she looked strangely at the emotionless white-haired woman that seemed to her both alive and not alive at the same time. 

Not even an Undead. But something much much worse.

12