Chapter 1: Ordinary Day(1)
49 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A pretty pink Victorian style manor sits within an endless forest of of copper trees covered in thick webbing. The sun never rises and the moon never falls. In an eternal state of darkness it exist, the pumpkin headed guards and a cheerful thirteen year old girl bringing about some semblance of life to this unknown land.

Currently that small girls sits in the library of the large manor, reading from the book of Christ. Two pumpkin headed guards wearing black and white butler uniforms sit behind her, one holding a brass candle with lavender scented wax above her light brown hair. The other holding still, its white gloved hands resting against its side.

A dim light shines on her, exposing her pure white skin and hazel hair. She continues to read, adjusting the books she used to raise her seat every now and then. Occasionally getting her black and white floral print dress stuck in between those books.

Suddenly she sighs, closing her book. "Hey! Mister pumpkin can I go outside and pick some candy from the trees?" She smiles, looking to the guard on her left. As usual it doesn't reply. Seeing this the little girl tries to get off her wooden chair, giving up on talking.

With a slight frown she look at the pumpkin headed guard on her right. "Help me down" she says with clear annoyance. It obeys, gently grabbing her waist and placing her on the ground.

And so begins the usual day.

After reading she begins to explore the labyrinth of a library, climbing a random ladder so that she begin to explore the redwood bridges that connect each bookshelf. She wanders, moving from the second floor all the way to the fifth, finding nothing more than the book of Christ in each shelf.

Finally after searching for more than an hour she gives up. "Mister pumpkin! Bring me back down!" Responding to her words a giant plastic bat with a pumpkin for a head appears. It gently flaps its wings, trying its best to be careful of the various bookcases and platforms.

It offers its head, its great green stem turning into a royal throne. In response the girl just stares at it back. "I want to ride on your back this time." As usual the pumpkin remains silent. Of course, it still responds, allowing the girl to ride on its back.

It continues to gently float high in the air, awaiting its master's response. "Take me to the exit." She says with a slight huff. Slowly the pumpkin headed bat begins to fly forward, weaving through the various bookcases and moving close to the red floor.

Within a few minutes the girl finds herself standing in front of a large wood door with a golden cross on its center. Without thanking the pumpkin headed she moves to the door, knocking several times. After a few seconds of waiting she becomes annoyed. "Mister pumpkin! Open the door! I already read lots of the bible today!"

She begins to punch the door repeatedly, even resorting to kicking it. "My toe!" Like the idiot she is she rams her right toe into door by mistake, breaking her nail.

Thick red blood oozes out from the large crack in her nail, the skin above pulled and swollen with a deep purple hue. Slowly a warm sticky feeling begins to wrap the gap in between each toe, a cold feeling slowly spreading across her foot. Even so the girl continues to kick the door.

Her toe nail begins to crack further, the light pink flesh being further exposed as the shards of damaged nail begin to dig into her skin. She continues to kick, the sound of nail and bone cracking growing with ever kick.

"Open! The! Damn! Door! Mister! Pumpkin!" The little girl screams. Suddenly the door begins to creak. It slowly opens, the little girl going quite as a familiar figure appears.

A large white rabbit plush wearing a bright blue police uniform and clown cap appears. Seeing it the little girl immediately goes quiet. The rabbit looks at her bloody toe and exposed bone, large tears immediately coming out of its yellow button eyes.

It falls onto its knees and begins praying. With its head down and its hands clasped it looks to the girls foot. "Its fine mister rabbit. This is my punishment for misbehaving." says the little girl with a weak smile.

Suddenly the girl falls forward. The skin on her right foot begins to squirm, veins peering through as the sound of bone cracking grows stronger. Within seconds her foot completely heals. The rabbit continues to pray for several minutes.

Suddenly the rabbit grabs onto the girls foot. The dry cloth that makes its smooth skin rubs against her feet. The little girl tries to step away but can't as it would be rude to treat the one who healed you rudely. The rabbit ignores the girls clear discomfort, continues to rub her feet.

Thankfully it leaves after a few seconds. "Thank you mister rabbit." Says the little girl as the rabbit vanishes. After making sure it really has left she sighs and leaves the library. Walking down a large hallway with a marble roof and grey tiled floor she hums a small tune.

Suddenly she stops. Looking at one of the larger paintings hanging on the walls she wonders if anything has changed. "Is that fox new?" she says while looking at the painting of flaming witches surrounded by smiling pumpkins with a small grey fox in the corner.

She continues to stare until she suddenly remembers that she should already be picking candy. Immediately she runs down the hallway, moving as fast as she can so she can eat as much candy as she can before her break ends. Through the halls and through the doors she runs.

Within several minutes she makes it to the front door. "Mister Pumpkin can you please open the door?" She says after she fails to open the giant redwood door. For a few seconds there is no response. Suddenly, the moment the little girl begins to rest her back against the door, it opens.

Creaking every second the gap between wood grows wider, a pure light seeping through and growing brighter. A vibrant garden full of life appears in front of the little girl. Small pools with white crystal water lilies line the sides of the red brick path leading to the copper forest.

The little girl begins to walk down the red brick path, occasionally stopping to sniff the red flower pods peaking through the small cracks in each brick. She continues to walk for minutes, staring at the baby blue moon and the shining yellow stars that fill the sky, eventually finding herself in the middle of the copper forest.

"Should I get some salt taffy or a caramel apple? Maybe I should just go to the soda pond and get some ghostly grape juice?" Says the little girl as she wanders the copper forest.

The gentle moonlight shines through the gap in the plastic leaves, the dancing lights on the dirt ground changing every second as the candy flowers bloom. The further the little girl walks the more candy flowers bloom.

After walking for another fifteen minutes the girl finds herself in front of several small ponds. "Mister Pumpkin can I please get a banshee banana smoothie?" says the little girl, expressing clear annoyance. In response to her words a small pumpkin the size of her head floats out a nearby pond.

"Thank you mister pumpkin." Says the little girl as she grabs the skull patterned cup from its head. She begins drinking the slushy immediately, ignoring the small pumpkins stillness. It continues to silently float in front of her, awaiting its master's command.

"Ah. I'm very sorry mister pumpkin. You don't have to watch me so go back to doing whatever you were doing." Says the little girl to the pumpkin. In response the pumpkin goes back to its little pond.

The little girl continues to enjoy her drink as she wanders the copper forest trying to figure out what she should eat. As she continues to look she quickly finish her drink. She looks a little disappointed but smiles shortly after. "I know! I'll just have a chocolate covered banana." Says the little girl as she walks to the nearest copper tree.

Pressing her hand against its cold surface she looks up, a bright pod blooming as a banana grows from a roses center, chocolate rising from the flower and wrapping it. Several of the branches bend and grow, moving to the little girl and offering the pods fruit. 

"Thank you Mister Forest but I only want one." Says the little girl as she reaches for the closest chocolate covered banana. In response to her words the various branches return to their previous state with the exception of one.The little girl gently pulls the chocolate covered banana from the flower, a clear snap spreading as the branch connecting it moves back. 

Suddenly, as the girl begins to eat various pumpkins with glasses on their smooth front sprout from the ground. Seeing this the little girl immediately stops eating, her face going as stiff as a rock.

"Can class wait until later Mister Pumpkin?" As usual the pumpkins remain silent. In response to their silence the little girl begins eating as fast as possible. She stains her dress with chocolate and accidentally bites her tongue. Even so she doesn't care as she wants to enjoy herself before she is forced to attend class.

2