Chapter 5 – An Unexpected Turnaround
275 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matthew lay gasping for breath with most of his bones broken and his internal organs splayed around him.

He somehow landed on the other dead bodies reducing the impact, but still breaking many bones.

"What a pointless reincarnation. So what if this body was the Blessed One? I didn't even get to get out of bed as I was paralyzed the whole time" he grumped as his mind was on fire from all the pain.

If he could bite his own tongue to kill himself, he would have already done it, but his jaw was broken from so many rapes and his throat was bleeding and swollen, he could hardly breathe. 

From his bleeding ears, he heard something from his side. Sounds of bones crunching and bodies being dragged.

Something bit on his intestines and pulled him, causing him to roll off the body he was on towards the sound. 

He rolled and fell on his face, but from his side, he could see it was a huge 40 feet long crocodile-like creature with 6 legs!

It wasn't the only one. There were at least 5 of them of similar size having a feast on the dead bodies of all the former inhabitants of his household. 

Suddenly one of them walked closer and snapped it's jaws around Matthew's groin area between his legs. Another one approached and bit down on his upper chest, his head and top torso deep in it's mouth. 

Both monsters started fighting over him and Matthew felt pressure on his back for a second before he was ripped in half as one of the monsters wondered off with his groin and his legs sticking out of its mouth, while the one with his upper body started chewing, crunching his chest with it's powerful jaws. 

--

In the darkness Matthew started hearing voices

Look at him. The one Loved by the World. Plotted against, betrayed and killed. So much for the Blessed One

"Who is that?" Matthew asked as he heard a female voice

A cripple

A Gimp

Impotent

Useless

More female voices kept mocking him as he tried to see who it was, but everything was dark

"What do you want? Who are you?" he asked

Us? We are the forgotten ones. We are the seven deadly sins!

"Forgotten? I thought they were common knowledge. Maybe in my world" Matthew thought.

Oh how the world loved you. How all the elements wanted to be with you. Now where are they now?

How does it feel to be abandoned? 

"I'm dead. So what does it matter?" Matthew answered

Oh you're no fun. Don't you want to live? Don't you want revenge on everyone who has done you wrong?

"There it is. There's the hook. So what's the condition?" Matthew asked

Hook? Do you think we are playing with you?

"Aren't you? Lets cut to the chase. You are offering me power, are you not? What's the catch? My soul?

You soul?

The voices started laughing

No. We want to experience living again. Through your body. Give us something of your body, and we will give you power

"My body? My body is useless, paralyzed... ripped apart. What good is my body?" Matthew asked

The body of the one Loved by the World. Though you can no longer communicate with the elements, we the deadly sins still can live through your bodies

"Really? What do you want?" he asked the seven beautiful females who looked evil, yet very beautiful

I am Sloth/Lust/Glutony/Greed/Envy/Pride/Wrath they said in unison

"I'm near death and my body is useless anyway. Which of you can heal me. What do you want?" he asked

I am Sloth. I want your sense of touch the one that looked like a zombie said

I am Lust, I want your sexual pleasure the one which looked like a succubus said

I am Gluttony, I want your sense of taste the one which looked like a vampire said

I am wrath, I want your emotions the one that looked like a werewolf said

Greed, Envy and Pride remained silent. Perhaps they offered other things besides healing.

Deciding he had nothing to lose, and his body was in constant pain anyway, he picked the most obvious choice

"Sloth! I give you my sense of touch!" he said

Sloth smiled and walked up to him. She got really close and kissed him on his lips.

Very well. If you need the rest of us, just call the others said as they vanished into the darkness

However, Matthew's attention was only on Sloth how hugged him sensuously and kept kissing him.

Matthew noticed more and more that he was losing the sensations of pain that was inflicting him all over.

--

Matthew opened his eyes and found himself back in the jaws of the crocodile-like monster

His arms that were helpless before, while still looking emaciated, now radiated strength.

Looking at his missing lower torso, he used his arms to pry the mouth of the monster open, and just as there was now more space, his lower body regenerated right before his eyes.

He stood upright and continued widening the monster's jaws

It tried to move around to dislodge Matthew, but with a smooth motion, he stood up and ripped apart the monster's mouth and skull instantly killing it.

He stood victorious among the blood of the crocodile's head and saw the other monsters feasting on the dead bodies

He recognized Martha's body, which was now headless as one of the creatures had ripped off her head and eaten in.

Full of fury, he jumped on the next nearest monster and pulled it's head upwards while standing on it's back, literally bending it in half until he could hear the monster's spine crack. Then he twisted off the head while holding down its body. 

One by one, he found more and more vicious ways to mutilate and destroy the monsters. 

Then he saw the last one, which was eating another body, but Matthew recognized his own leg nearby. This was the bastard that ripped off his lower torso. 

He jumped on the monster's back and while it trashed about, he twisted off the monster's stubby legs one at a time. Then he used his arms and yanked it's head clean off!

Finally, in the midst of blood, gore and dead bodies, he stood victoriously. 

He had never experienced such power before. He practically had the strength of 10 men and tremendous physical regeneration abilities. 

Looking at the murdered bodies, he piled them up and tried to summon fire to cremate them. 

This would have been such a simple task before, creating fire. But now, the elements didn't obey him. So it took him 40 over minutes to start a fire manually with sticks. 

Although it was a swamp, and supposedly wet and damp, surprisingly the gases in the swamp were flammable, which made lighting the fire easier than expected. 

As Matthew climbed up the cliff, the fire raged on incinerating the dead bodies. 

Reaching the top of the cliff, Matthew surveyed his surroundings, planning what to do next. 

He didn't know who were his assailants or why. He no longer had a family, or even the prestige of his family name. He was penniless, homeless and without anyone in the world. 

But he was only 14 years old, with a now powerful and possibly undefeatable body. 

He would travel to Rolenda and perhaps enroll in the Starlight Academy, the premier school for cultivators in the country. 

This was his destination as the Chosen one at 13, but he got injured and crippled. 

Perhaps from there, he could rise up and make a name for himself and one day get revenge on whoever did this to him and his family. 

Having decided what to do, he looked up in the sky, determining which way the sun rises and sets, and set out in the general direction of Rolenda from the Swamp of Despair. 

 

6