Chapter 15 – Goblin Attack
153 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Matthew slowly opened his eyes, slowly regaining consciousness. 

He realized that he was on a horse and saw the arms under his armpits holding the reins of the horse, and felt familiar orbs pressing on his back. 

Arista's voice whispered in his ear "Are you alright now?" 

"Yeah... I'm ok now. Where are we?" he asked

"About half an hour away from that blasted village" Arista answered

"Oh" Matthew said, realizing that the forest was starting to become sparse and soon they would enter the desert. 

"Are you able to control the reins now?" Arista asked

"Sure. I'm fine" Matthew said

"Good, my hands are itching to do something" she said, handing him the reins

He felt her hand undo his pants as it entered and started playing with his penis. 

"Mmmm... my favorite part. I'm so glad it's attached and working" she said

"Your favorite part? You chopped it off the first time we met" Matthew replied 

"I wanted to keep it, that's why" she teased him, now working on him with both hands as he was fully erected. 

--

Both of them were enjoying each other in the river they stopped by. Somehow most of their lovemaking sessions happen in the water and they were in the midst of another lovemaking session. 

Suddenly, both of them stopped moving as they looked into the trees and suddenly multiple arrows flew at them from the forest. 

Arista looked up and with a gesture, a gust of wind deflected the arrows.

Both of them rushed towards their clothes as more arrows flew towards them. 

Arista fumed and formed a large gust of wind, blowing from the water to the land, completely stopping the arrows in the tracks and drying their naked bodies. 

The wind exposed their attackers, which were a large group of around 30 goblins who charged through the strong wind. 

An average goblin was roughly 2/3 the size of an adult human, and nearly as strong. 

Their strengths were not their strength nor speed, but that they attacked in numbers as they breed like rabbits. 

Unfortunately, they do not have females, and their form of breeding is to kidnap females of other races and breed with them.

They were also known for their cruelty, eating men and crafting clothes out of their skins and weapons out of their bones. 

Three of them reached Matthew first, while Arista walked out of the water elegantly and picked up her bow. 

Matthew kicked one of the goblins, his shin smashing through it's shield and hitting the goblin as the force of the kick deformed the goblin's body and smashed it into mush as it landed into a tree. 

Grabbing the second goblin's skull, he picked up the whole goblin with his strength and threw it a the other goblin, smashing both their skulls, splattering green blood everywhere. 

At the same time, Arista had already shot 5 wind assisted arrows, each piercing several goblins it the arrow's path. 

Matthew frowned upon seeing more and more goblins attack. It may not be as bad as him facing the whole orc village, but this would be troublesome and they had just taken a bath and were clean. 

Use your Aura of Fear you fool Matthew suddenly heard Sloth's voice. 

Matthew frowned and realized that Sloth was right. A high level zombie was like a high level mummy and had an aura of fear. 

In fact, many of a zombie's skills were like a mummy as they were nearly the same thing. Besides their Aura of Fear, their strength too were similar, as they probably were for something like the Frankenstein Monster, as they were all fleshly human undead monsters, only with differing methods of creation. 

"Aura of Fear... how do I... aha!" Matthew thought. 

As a top assassin in his previous life, he was adept at hiding his killing intent. However, he is also able to use it to intimidate his foes rather than fighting whenever he needed. 

He stared at the approaching goblins and fully released his killing intent. 

All of a sudden, the goblin's stood still in fear, their eyes showed the horror they felt and they all started dropping like flies. 

Arista gracefully ran and stood next to him. 

"What did you do? I felt something that chilled to my bone, but I couldn't see from behind you" she asked. 

"I used my killing intent" Matthew said, examining the nearest goblin. 

The goblin had stopped breathing and had no heartbeat. Matthew had scared it to death!

"Maybe I should tone down this ability" he thought to himself. 

No need. Goblins are weak creatures. Until you get stronger, if you use this on stronger creatures, they will not die 

"Oh... Why... why are you only now talking to me?" Matthew asked Sloth. But he received no response. 

"Perhaps she only talks when she wants too" he thought to himself. 

Both of them got dressed and packed their stuff. They had intended to set up a campfire and stay the night. But after the goblin attack, it was probably not a good idea. 

"Damn!" Matthew cursed as they found that their horse which they had tied to a tree was badly wounded by the goblins.

After examining the horse's injuries, they decided to put it down as they didn't have anymore potions on them, and it was in pain.

Matthew unsheathed his sword, but Arista stopped him.

"Let me. I can ensure it doesn't suffer" she said

She squatted by the horse and patted its head as she placed her forehead on its head.

Her fingers wriggled as she pulled the air out of the horse's lungs and out its nostrils as it quickly fell unconscious.

Then she stood up and made a chopping motion with her hand, instantly beheading it with a wind blade.

She stood staring at the horse. It gave them both a lot of pleasure lovemaking to the rhythm of the horse's gallop.

Matthew held her hand and together they left the river and headed back to the road. 

3