Chapter 3: I’m Home
26 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 2020, January 16th, 19:47, near the main road.

The two boys and the girl were in a tough situation. Ricky and Rami were getting strangled by the hulking monster. It was all up to Alex.

Alex thought to himself: "Think Alex think! This is a life or death situation." He got an idea and started searching his bag. "There it is..", he yanked out a glock which he stole from his father. He took aim at the monster, his hands wavered, he was trembling, scared. He had never shot someone in his life but this time it's different he needs to shoot or else....

Alex began fixing his aim, his arms grew more sturdy as his conviction rose, He knew it's now or never. Ricky and Rami were struggling almost out of breath, gasping relentlessly for air. Alex became confident in himself, he could do this, it was in his eyes, he secured his aim at the abomination's head. He said "I won't let you kill my friends!" pulling the trigger... 3 shots right through its head. Alex's ears began ringing, the sound of the bullets so impactful it brought his ears to bleed. However now he had done it.

The abomination let go of the kids but something was wrong. He's still alive!

It woke up, slowly pulling itself back up, glaring at the children, with bright red eyes as if death was staring right through their soul.

Alex: "Wha- He's still alive?! After 3 shots went right through his head?!"

Ricky: "At least he let go of us, it's now or never, EVERYONE RUN TO THE MAIN ROAD WE'RE ALMOST THERE!"

The monster had now stood up again starting to run towards the kids.

Alex: "You guys run I'm covering you!" He said while shooting a few bullets at the monster slowing it down a bit, he covered one of his ears with his other hand.

They ran as fast as they could, as if death was behind them which actually was behind them.

Rami: "Agh! my leg..."

Ricky: "Are you ok Rami? Does your leg hurt?"

Rami: "N-no...I can keep going. It's just a little more, I can see the lights."

The monster was almost about to catch them but it was too late. It was forced to retreat, they already reached the main road, neon lights lighting up the whole scene, a huge traffic moving on the road, the adults are on their way home now, it's rush hour.

Alex: "Huff huff, phew we did it! Guys we did it!"

Ricky: "Heh yeah we did it. Are ya'll ok? Any injuries?"

Alex: "My ears are bleeding a bit, and I'm hearing a slight ringing sound and my left arm is broken i think, but besides from that I'm good."

Rami: " Yea well my back kinda hurts and i think my leg is broken."

Ricky completely ignoring Alex,

Ricky: "What?! Then we'll need to go to the hospital right now!"

Rami: "Just kidding! My leg just hurts a bit, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine with first aid."

Ricky: "Rami! This isn't the time for jokes, we just got away from death!"

Rami: "Sorry.."

Alex: "Jeez Ricky chill out man we're in the middle of the footpath, the people are looking at us." Alex decided to say nothing about Ricky just flat out ignoring him, he didn't mind it much either, after that he didn't have enough energy to get mad.

Ricky: "Oh.... yeah let's go to our hideout first."

The kids took a taxi and went to Alex's house. Their hideout was the tree house in Alex's backyard which was built by the last owner of the house probably for his kids.

Alex: "I'm home!"

Alex's mom: " Alex! Is this the time to return home?! What time is it?! And what's all that dirt on your clothes?"

Alex: "I'm sorry mom, I was playing with Ricky and Rami. Anyways we're going to the treehouse." He hurried to the treehouse with them.

Alex's mom: "Wait wh-... This kid...." a sigh left from her mouth.

They climbed to the treehouse. Alex would lay on the floor and said "Man it feels good to be back." Rami searched for snacks.

Ricky: "Uhhhh guys? We didn't come here to chill and have fun this time. We need to talk about what just happened"

Alex: "What? The conversation with my mom?"

Ricky: "Alex, your idiot is showing."

Rami: "No dumbass he's talking bout what happened near the school."

Ricky: "Yeah, We need to tell the cops or something, We could tell your dad."

Alex: "Oh hell nah! Do you really think they'll believe us? My dad won't even listen to anything I say normally, you think he'll believe mutants chasing us."

Ricky: "We could try, by the way did you freaking steal a gun from your dad?"

Alex: "It's no use, and yeah I did and because of that you are alive right now."

Rami: "Yeah Ricky I don't think telling anyone about this would help. We're just kids, no one will believe us."

Ricky: "So what do we do? Watch the world collapse right in front of our eyes?" Ricky asked rhetorically.

Rami: "Maybe if we had any proof..."

Alex: "All we need is proof right? Alright then lets go there and take a footage of the monster and then fucking die."

Ricky: "...."

While the situation was over, the lingering frustration didn't seem to go. I wanted to do something to make people understand what's going on and stop the war which was about to happen.

Rami: "I think we should talk about this again tomorrow. It's pretty late we must get going." Rami was obviously not feeling very comfortable about this whole situation and who would be.

Ricky: "Yeah..it's already 9, we should go now." Despite picking up on the fact that Rami wanted to leave not because it was late but because she didn't want to discuss this, I decided to just agree with her, who would want to discuss this anyways.

The kids went to their own houses. Ricky was disappointed about the decision but couldn't do anything either.

Ricky: "I'm home." Ricky sighed while saying this.

I entered my house, mom was cooking and dad was watching news on T.V, Simian Rodriguez was on T.V, He is pretty young only 36 years old but he built his own biotech empire all by himself: The Sierra Biotech. He also has a good social image of himself, everyone likes him, basically he's the image of the perfect man: He's handsome, he has money, he has fame, he has a balanced ego.

Ricky: "I won't eat dinner", He said as he upstairs to his room. Ricky heard his mom call from him to come down, but he simply ignored her calls.

I lay on bed thinking what happened that day and what I could possibly do to stop an outbreak. "I don't want to lose this peaceful era. I don't want to lose my loved ones. BUT WHAT COULD I POSSIBLY DO! !WHO WOULD EVEN BELIEVE US!" my mind filled with regrets and I slowly fell asleep...

I didn't know what was in store for me the next day.... 

3