Chapter 8: I love to run my mouth
304 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We walked out of the Dungeon, the twin suns hanged low in the sky.

Jasmine and Oka were supporting me as we walked and Gwyn was moving ahead of us.

The three that they left at the entrance at my home looked confused at us.

"Who the hell are they?" The squad's medic asked, the Gunner.

"I have no idea. But they fucked us up. We got someone bitten by... a mouth in the floor?" He replied and gestured at Nora.

The pair went back and forth with the Medic asking if everyone was high.

Oka looked at me, she had a questioning look in her eyes. "Yes?" I asked her.

"Though I am bound to serve you, the Shepard and Seacole wishes that I should at least ease her suffering."

"Do you have the Mana for that?" I asked back, she gave me a single finger just a few minutes ago, I doubt she would have gain so much back.

"My Mana is at 50 of 150 and a Lesser Heal costs only 30, so in 20 minutes I should be able to use it again." She told me, "I'm not using a cleansing spell, only a healing just to give her some pain relieve."

"Are all the Gods and Goddess watching?" I asked her back.

"I can't feel their presences but as a only Priestess of the Humanoid Gods here, They can only influence the world around me, well through me. And the Shepard, I can feel his wish to have me heal the girl."

I run my hand across my face... for fuck sake Mother.

"Fine." Though I growled, "It will be up to you to convince them."

Oka pouts, but nods. "Gwyn could you help the Dungeon's Avatar."

After Oka passes me to Gwyn, and with her one hand raised and her other trembling on her staff.

The two men break from their back and forth and turn to Oka...

"Who the fuck is she?" The Medic asked.

"We don't know anything about anyone of them... but she has this weird... I don't know what to call it."

The Medic's gazes moves from Oka's Priestess attire then to men and he seems confused as I am relatively standing and his eyes linger on my chest or more so on the two bullet holes.

"Is she wounded?" He asked Oka, she just tilts her head not understanding the words.

Oka points at Nora's leg then at herself then me and back at Nora's wound.

I open the System to see how Nora is doing.

[Scan Results of Invader]

Name: Nora Murry

Gender: Female

Class: Terran Federation Soldier 

Sub-Class: First Sergeant

Weapons: Rifle M-243 SAG Pattern, Bayonet/Knife

Group: Patrol Squad 44 W/Two Doves

Wounds: Demonic Corruption (37.4%)(This Corruption has reached the Blood stream and had already reached the Heart and Brian; Effects of suffering Demonic Corruption will effect Nora soon)

If I remember that 50% is when I or other that can give the Corruption can start changing people. Both mentally and physically.

"Speak English?" The Medic asks confused, again Oka shakes her head and repeats the pointing.

"You want to do the weird thing that you do." The gunner starts and pointed at Oka, "And do what to did to her." He points at me, "To her?" And points at Nora. Oka nodded. "Fine."

Oka looks back at me, "Only one spell."

Oka slow step forward slowly and knelt down next to Nora's leg...

Nora held her weapon close, and the Medic was watching her with much confusion.

Oka slowly reached her hand out and placed it over the wound, and Nora winced at the pressure. She pulled her hand back to find the blood was moving, writhing. It burned off since the corrupted blood was in contact with a Priestess.

"What the hell is that?" Nora asked, "That isn't my blood? Is it?" She turned to me, knowing that I'm the only one outside of Jasmine that she could speak too.

I looked at Oka, She just shook her head, so even her cleansing spells would be enough.

I play along with this act and take a step towards them.

Jasmine and Gwyn lower me, I give Nora a faked sympathetic look. "Sorry. Oka can't help you... the best she could do is ease the pain."

"Fuck that!" The Medic shout and pulls me to my feet. "How can you say she can't be help!"

"Oka hold off from healing." I turn to the Medic, "Nora I am sorry but my Priestess doesn't have anything that can help you, and you." I turn to the Medic, Since he wasn't in my Dungeon I haven't got a glue what his name is. "It will only be time before Nora there becomes nothing." My angry was becoming in flamed.

Everyone looks at me, well that a Freudian slip using Nora's name twice.

"Whoops." I say. "But what I said doesn't loose value, anything your people have and mine as of now can't save her." I drop my previous wounded person act and Jasmine takes a step back.

"Please Mistress... you are weakened." She pleaded with me.

"Silence Pet!" I order her in common, though she didn't understand the words she got the intention. She takes another step back and nods.

I grab the Medic's wrist and squeeze it until he lets go of my armor. "I am here mainly because I needed. No want to live, and to ensure she stays alive." I point at Nora. "You can't blame me for what happened to you and your men. You attacked my home, killed and destroyed my defenses and have the gall to treat us like this?" My anger came out harder than expected and it allowed me to speak fluently but it had a far heavier Common accent.

My one-eighty surprises everyone but my Adventurers, though Jasmine still find my sudden changes shocking.

"Should you be saying this much?" Gwyn asked me.

"You know Dungeon Masters, when our pride hurt or Dungeon is in danger we can't help ourselves. But that isn't a good excuse." I apologies to her.

"More like you lot love to hear your own voices." Oka says. I was about to say something about that but I really couldn't refute that.

I release a visible blue and red tinted Mana from my nose... doing so seemed to cause them to take a step back.

"Oka get it done!" I growl.

"In the Name of the Great Healer Seacole; Lesser Heal!" Oka chanted not even batting an eye at the Medic who drew his weapon and was ordering her to stop.

The Staff glowed upon the last letter leaving Oka's mouth and her hand that was sitting on Nora's leg glowed, Nora winced at first but a face of relieve soon replaced it as the Holy Mana entering her body easing her inflamed nervous system.

 While this was happening Lucia seemed to be thinking over what I had said. "What do you mean your home? And those things were your defense?"

I snort a laugh, "I mean what I mean. THIS. IS. MY. HOME!" I barked. "And if you want to know who or what I am you can ask my Pet. I'm done with you people. And Pet! You've can answer some questions on my behalf and nothing about the System or my Core." I told them then addressed my Pet and told her to answer any Questions for me.

She nodded and I rubbed her head to help calm myself down...

The Squad seem to take me calling one, who is dressed as a fellow Terran Federation Aerospace personnel being labeled as my pet seemed to both confuse them and concern since they have no idea how I view them...

.

(Jessica POV)

After Mistress declaration that I was to answer questions for her, the area outside of her Dungeon fell silent.

As she ran her fingers through my hair I remember what "He" had told me, I shiver thinking that the man no he's a demon with that whip.

He said that as Mistress's Pet is a great Honor since I'll be around Mistress the most... And to follow her orders tends to get you rewards. And Mistress called the System by it's name in Common... and I shouldn't talk about it... okay.

But the Questions didn't come as the soldiers started walking us back to their base, it was only after we got half way and Mistress gasped, and their COMMs equipment started working again.

Mistress spoke in that odd tongue to her Adventures but I think I heard her say "Core" in that language... and I felt something back from the her Dungeon... but thinking about it why can I feel something?

I shake my head and look back at Mistress, "Are you okay?" I ask carefully.

"I'm fine... Pet Thank you for asking." For some reason her praise for something so small gave me a bit of happiness.

.

"The fuck up with her?" Lucia asked me, clearly Mistress's last words seem to hold effect. I only knew her name from Mistress mutterings she does on her throne, but 'Camo Lab Coat' doesn't have a translation into Common.

"I don't know. I believe Mistress is fine or even better now."

"Why do you call her 'mistress'!?" She asked after nodding to my words.

"What else am I meant to call her? She's my Mistress." I responded confused and with a tilt of my head.

Lucia looked at me, "What is your name and unit?" The Gunner asked me after talking to someone on COMMs and walked over.

"Jasmine Baker from Bomber 12 second Navigator." I reply confused even more.

The Gunner turns around and starts talking to someone but he also seems to be arguing with someone as well.

He turns back to me and asks, "Are those two Officers of a form?" He points at Mistress and Gwyn.

Of a form? Mistress is the Dungeon Master or is it Mistress? No she tells me often that Dungeon Master is her Race... and Gwyn? I think so? "Yes." I answer unsure and look at Mistress, who gladly nods.

He groans at my answer, "What's going on?" Nora asks from the stretcher.

'"As Officers of a form they must be allowed to have their swords or the weapon they surrendered with."' He answers her with air quotes.

"They mad?" Nora asks, "We lost half of us to them?"

"What do you want me to do? This order was from a First Lieutenant of your own Company."

"Bull fucken shit! Pass that here!" She sounded indigent at the idea that came from her Company. "This is First Sergeant Nora of the First Company! Identify yourself!" She shouted into the comes, she moved the Radio in a way so that we could hear it.

"This is First Lieutenant Joseph Moroe of the South Asian Guard." Nora shook her head.

"Never heard of you."

"Better question where the hell have you been? You've been out of COMMs for nearly a full day without giving any reason or report. Have you an answer for that?"

"Blame our prisoners!" Mistress snickered at that. "You can shut up!"

"Not my fault. Erika was just protecting herself."

"Whatever. Under my authority I am not letting them be armed again." Nora barked out and gave it back to the Gunner, "Like hell he's from The First Company."

She winced as grabbed her leg. "This is going to be a pain."

"Don't worry you'll be fine not to long." Mistress muttered.

7