Chapter 13
228 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thanks for reading! I hope the biggest fight yet was nicely done.

I sit there in the bushes with Second and Third observing the battle unfolding before my eyes.

"Ahh, what a beautiful sight, The Troll getting injured, goblins getting killed. Really you won't see it so good in the movies."

"Roar!" Troll swings his tree.

"Shkriee!" Goblin tries to block using his primitive spear, which looks quite pitiful.

Slam! 

"Oh, he flew!" First goblin ever to fly above in the air. His spear broken, his bones shattered.

As he flies I can see First loading his bow. He shoots and arrow flies swiftly trough the wind to it's destination.

Swoosh! Stab!

Just before goblin lands on the ground to meet his end, the arrow pierces him and steals the kill.

"Excellent." I praise.

That is exactly what his duty is, getting kills on near death goblins and the one who try to flee. I must take at least most of the experience from these monsters.

While fight is going I casually take out some food with water bottle and regain my strength. Aside from being injured I hope this Troll will become somewhat tired, allowing me to dodge that stupid tree.

Crash!

"Oh! Another goblin flies. Some more kills and perhaps I can level up to ten, while brothers to level 5 since it's some time already for them without upgrade.

"Roarrgh!" Ice arrow pierces the Troll hand.

Good, injure him more. Looking at goblin side I can see that of the 50 from before it thinned to about 40.

Most of the dead goblin are of course stolen by First. Some are dead already but goblins haven't picked up that someone is interfering in their fight. I guess they are too much into this fight. If I wasn't there, and they killed this Troll then they would become Kings of this land probably.

"Ooarghh!" Troll charges again with his eyes blood-shot.

Crash! Crack...Crack...Shatter!

He directly killed four goblins with that mad rush.

The fight continues...

~~~~

While I wait rested for my opportunity, Goblin Chief looks tired.

"Too much spell casting man. I hope First kills him after he becomes useless without his magic."

Now goblin forces amount to about 20 blood covered crazy looking shorties.

"Let's make it a bit more bloody." I will use the magic that was bought especially for this occasion.

"Curse of Agility." As the word leaves my mouth I can see faint dark mist gathering around the Troll.

It then quietly merges with his body, and here we go, he should be slower now by about 5 percent.

"Urgh?" Troll trembles confused, before it again starts attacking the goblins.

"Roar!" It waves his tree weapon.

Goblins fall, Troll weakens, I wait.

"Shkriee!" Goblin Chief looks dead tired now, takes a look trough his surroundings and then cries.

He observes all the places further off carefully and spots First.

"Shkruk!" He points and sends 4 goblins after realizing someone is backstabbing his people in this fight.

"So he noticed, huh" I slowly tense. The moment is coming.

After 4 goblins rushed in direction of Monic house I see fire flying here and there. The road to their place is sealed by Fire wall. Now they pin the Troll with fires burning by his sides.

His only option is to retreat in my way or charge into goblins.

"Roar!" He looks he like lost his reason and madly charges.

That is what he would do if sudden Fire ball haven't hit him in the face. In the air there is faint smell of burned fur, added by agonizing cry of the beast.

"Roarghhh!" Troll sways to the sides but stands his ground, Fire ball only inflicted him light injuries.

"Shkriee!" Goblin Chief seeing occasion in this chaos tries to kill the Troll with Ice arrow using scraps of whatever energy he has left. But he too is killed by arrow of First just before the arrow materializes fully.

Goblin number now about 10, shrouded in chaos and fear.

Their leader died but they can't run since they would be just killed. They try to fight the Troll who stopped attacking for now. But rain of arrows and spells quickly kills them off.

After the goblin force died I leveled up to level 11  while brothers to level 5. I quickly upgrade our stats totaling this.

Status Window

Name: Thomas

Level: 11  Class: Necromancer  Race: Human

Strength: 2.6  Agility: 2.8

Vitality: 2.0  Spirit: 2.0

Bonus Attributes:

Necromancer +1 spirit +1 agility

Money: 2s 37c

 

Status Window

Name: Second

Level: 9  Class: Skeleton Spearman  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 1.5  Agility: 1.6

Vitality: 1.2  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Skeleton Spearman +0.5 strength

 

Status Window

Name: Third

Level: 9  Class: Skeleton Spearman  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 1.5  Agility: 1.6

Vitality: 1.2  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Skeleton Spearman +0.5 strength

Brothers and I are now faster which increases our chances with Troll.

Troll is now alone with fire blocking him. I take a hold of my spear which started to burn off slightly already.

"Let's go, Second, Third!" We charge for our future.

Fire rains, arrows fly, spears pierce. We all join our forces against this formidable foe.

Troll is looking at us while covering his head with one arm. In the other he holds his tree tightly awaiting us. He understands that he can only defeat us to be able to flee. His looks is no longer like unparalleled Boss. He is now weakened beast, awaiting to be killed.

Closing in, the spells that were raining like in thunder have stopped, I guess they are tired now and barricaded themselves while awaiting my victory. Each brother splits to the sides while I charge from front. He swings at me, but I jump 3 meters up while casting spell.

"Dark bolt!" 

Slam!

Due to unexpected magic attack in close range it throws him off balance.

We all take this opportunity to stab him. Second and Third manage to lightly pierce his thick skin on his legs slowing him even more. I spin maximizing my penetration and pierce him straight where his heart should be.

My spear just before coming in contact with his fur, shines brightly and covers itself in fire. This unprecedented mighty blow penetrates him wholly while leaving on the other side.

"Roarghhh!" Troll screams and throws his tree to the side while madly swinging his arms like demon of hell.

While expecting victory I see it staring and preparing to punch me. Damn! Probably his heart is somewhere else. I use my highest agility and dodge just barely his punch while falling on the ground.

Brothers keep stabbing him in the legs building damage to his speed.

Seeing me laying he changes his target and attacks one of pesky skeletons who have kept driving him crazy for a while now. He swings his fist and hits Second who already prepared to block with his shield.

Crush...Shatter!

His shield unexpectedly breaks apart. The arms is broken, he backs swiftly away but not enough to dodge blow that comes next. Third tries to interfere while stabbing his arm but the Troll pays him no heed.

I watch from distance too slow and far to react as Troll punch breaks into Second ribcage and turns it into broken bones. His fist goes upward making jaw strike and directly penetrating skull!

Undead 'Second' was destroyed!

"Aaaargh!!!" I leap in frenzy and take what left of the spear I have and jump in the sky like ferocious tiger onto head of the Troll!

"Take that FUCKER!" I stab, and stab, and stab.

The body fells but I keep stabbing, Troll head is now full of holes while my tears of grief fill them.

I Stab last time with greatest strength left in me and directly pierce his brain, after which I slide off his body and fall on the ground starting losing consciousness.

Level up!
Level up!

Screens appear before me but I don't look at them.

Just before my eyes close I mumble with difficulty while taking ball made of glass out.

"Take this soul! Lesser Soul Prison!" Pale blue light gathers from the Troll and merges with the ball, which now flickers with faint light.

After that I pass out while hearing  shouts of Monic and Chief.

13