Chapter 24
185 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We all look at the map I brought.

I point at location.

"Look, here is the store, the amount of houses from that point is great, without being killed by goblins like your side." I look at Monic and Chief.

"There should be some people surviving and even becoming players."

I point at another place.

"Here is the exit of the village. on the right side we have river, some plain and my blocks ending it with forest."

"So the people should be in some house by the left further than the park."

"I will go there and won't bring my undead, I will pose as warrior, First, my undead and you will go by my side of the river, then cross it near the point of park."

"Then you will hide somewhere close."

"I will probably meet this Roderick guy, and go with him look for the boss and all, maybe even meet those other people."

"If I move with those people to kill the minotaur, the moment it's on the brink of death, I will take the kill, if those people turn against me, you will support me then, but don't kill those people if you can, we can interrogate them or something."

"So that's the plan?" Asks Chief.

"It's simply stealing the boss kill, I thought you will infiltrate their group and all, too much movies I think." He laughs.

"Well, there is no need for something complex, and I'm not some tactician."

"When we will start Lord?" Questions First.

I show my wounded arms.

"We still need to wait, I can move them but they are not healed yet, for now I will go alone and hunt some monsters with my Dark bolt, you First will do the same with other brothers."

I turn my gaze to the two.

"What about you? Will you go level up some?"

"Well, no, we will go look for survivors for now near our homes."

"That's okay too." I then go eat some food, to boost my energy for what is to come.

~~~~

First and the co. already left to patrol and explore the south side of village.

I sit in my bedroom observing my arms.

"The bandages are bloody. Let's change them."

~~~~

After taking them off I can see that new skin already closed the wounds, but inside I still feel pain.

"The claws sliced my flesh, so it's nothing to be surprised." I sigh.

"Okay, let's check the shop, I have some money from their hunt, maybe it will help me in the fight with the minotaur."

"My current money is 1s 13c."

Lesser Soul Prison 50c

Used to store soul of defeated enemy, can be used as offering to god, or used to strengthen spirit of user or undead granting them random trait at the level of stored soul.

 

Iron Chainmail 50c

Simple Chainmail made of iron, good for protecting chest.

 

Iron Gauntlets 10c

Piece of armor protecting arms from slashing, piercing, smashing.

 

"With this, I can capture the soul of minotaur, this will be handy, I will probably fight with these people so chainmail can protect me from their weapons, and finally the gauntlets, to guarantee that attacks on my arms won't wound me again, although I could only afford cheap version."

"I should buy some gauntlets made of plastic reinforced with advanced materials, or some enchanted version."

I pocket the prison ball and war new armor. After resupplying my pockets with some food and medical supplies I walk outside to train some with my Dark bolt.

~~~~

"Hmm, my courtyard is empty of monsters, they may respawn later, let's move."

I start walking leisurely towards the bridge, during the walk I can spot some monster corpse here and there, probably my undead work.

Grass almost become color of blood. 

After some time of admiring the environment I can hear some noise coming from house on the right.

"Come to think of it, First said that there was still the old man living there alive. Maybe another monster attacked him."

I step my foot on the roadside and after short walk I see the old man with his dog."

There really is monster attacking. Looking around I find corpse of similar thing laying with cracked head.

It looks strangely dangerous, but more strange, I wouldn't want to meet that thing in night time, a fucking bear with thin arms and no fur on the head, half- lizard and half-bear?

The one who created that thing is fucking crazy.

I focus my gaze on it as hard fight is happening in front of me.

Vorghmin

Level 13

Monster originating from world of Haseth, very resilient, quite strong, but slow.

Hmm, world of Haseth? Finally something new, If that thing arrived here, then in near future I will meet other world players, better be careful.

I turn my gaze to the old man, he looks tired, his face is red and his legs are shaking.

Bark!

The dog near him is pitifully trying to intimidate the Vorghmin. Well, it won't work.

"Let's save them before they die."

I shout.

"Hey you stupid beast! Yes, you!"

"Eat this, Dark bolt!" I bait it with one attack.

"Gruglurgh." The monster changes prey and starts moving towards me slowly.

"What a defense, my Dark bolt just gave it some light wounds, there is small hole where blood drips from, but aside from some built anger it doesn't care about it?"

What about it?

"Dark bolt."
"Dark bolt."
"Dark bolt."
"Dark bolt."
"Dark bolt."
"Dark bolt."

After six balls of darkness, it looks like a bucket full of water with 7 holes.

Level up!

Blood leaves the body out of the holes staining the ground as the beast falls dead.

"Quite scary to be honest. If monsters have such resilience."

I start walking towards the old man as I wonder how full barrage of my spells would harm the minotaur.

I upgrade my status as well.

Status Window

Name: Thomas

Level: 14  Class: Necromancer  Race: Human

Strength: 3.0  Agility: 3.0

Vitality: 3.6  Spirit: 5.5

Bonus Attributes:

Necromancer +1 spirit +1 agility

Troll Body +1 vitality

Money: 18c

With even higher vitality I almost feel the healing of my arms.

Good feeling.

I finally stop in front of scared shitless old man, the dog won't even make a sound.

"Hello?" I smile.

"Y-you're that kid from the block at the road end?" He asks, his voice shaking.

"Yeah, that's me."

"You just made that monster full of holes like it's nothing, what the hell man!"

"The world is becoming crazy. I'm too old for this shit."

He then pats my shoulder and smiles.

"Well, thank you for saving my household, Shakey is happy too!"

Woof!

I pat the dog on the head.

Woof! Woof!

"Good doggie." I smile, then turn my gaze to the old man.

"It's nothing, we are neighbors anyway."

"I suggest starting getting stronger, the monsters will kill you someday if you only defend."

I look at dog.

I wonder if he can get stronger, in the future I will probably know it.

"Well, if you need safer place then go to my block, there aren't people in other apartments I think."

Right, I haven't checked other apartments, even Jeremy one who is dead now. I will do it later.

"I will go now, take care old man,"

I start walking to the bridge.

12