Chapter 3
193 9 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door opens as a middle-aged man opened it.

'So this guy is my Dad's friend' Reed look at the guy that was in front of him and felt that this man's face look familiar.

Reed and his dad got invited and get inside the house and... a big surprise reveal upon him.

And it was...

"Cousin! Long time no see. How many years has it been. And your wife is... beautiful. You luck out"

Reed's father greeted the blonde haired middle-aged man, and teases him too about a middle aged woman who's seated on a chair in the dining table... and with a little girl beside her.

...

...

"Oh come on... but really, I'm really lucky about her"

They did some small talk and finnaly the middle aged man ask my dad...

"Then...Why'd you come here?"

"Ohhh don't be like that. When we're young you always tailed me and always at my side every day..."

"This... it's not like that but..."

"..."

The middle aged man said that... like he knew why his father come this far...

"So... I heard that your Business failed and gone... bankrupt?"

"... sadly... it's true..."

The middle aged man looks down in guilt and saw Reed on his Father's back and ask...

"So... who's this little kid"

"Ohh... Son introduce yourself "

Reed's dad nudges his son to introduce himself.

"Hello! My name is Reed Ackerman. I am 6 years old"

"Ohh hello there little Reed... You're 1 year older than my Daughter"

Then... the middle aged man called someone and a little girl came beside him...

"Mikasa come here"

"Introduced yourself like what Reed-kun did"

Mikasa then introduce herself... even though she stuttered a bit... Reed clearly heard what she said...

"Hello! M- my name is Mikasa-desu. I- I'm 5 year old-desu"

...

As Reed got inside the house... the little girl besides a Black haired middle aged woman captured his attention fromt the start. He knew who's that little girl was... but he wanted to confirm it first.

The... as soon as he heard her name... everything clicks on his head. He knew now who's this family was. This Family of 3 were the alive Mikasa's Father who's in the anime foretold as "Mr. Ackerman" and her mother who's in the manga was known for being from "Azumabito Family", and later revealed that Mikasa is the last descendant of a Shogunate branch that had settled upon the island, and is therefore directly related to the Azumabito family.

"You two kids play by yourself while we adults talk"

Mikasa's father said that and nudges his daughter to play with Reed.

Reed look towards Mikasa and his father and yawn and walk out the house.

"Reed! Don't go to far away, alright!"

"Ok"

Mikasa followed Reed as she saw her Father eyes, nudging him to follow.

...

...

Walking out the house.

Reed continued walking and stop when he spotted a tree that perfect to nap and relaxed.

He sat down near the tree and lean his back on it. He looked up and saw Mikasa. Even though she's just 5 year old, the anime said that Mikasa was a quiet, smart, and perceptive girl. Mikasa didn't move and did anything, she's just looking down and silently stared at him.

"..."

"..."

They stared at each other... and Reed was the first one to spoke.

"So first... sit down"

Mikasa obeys and sat down on a log neared the tree, Reed were at.

Reed saw that Mikasa sat down. He silently think to himself on what to say and thought of something.

"So... what kind of things you like to do?"

"Hmm. I like helping my mom and dad."

'What a good kid... but sadly...'

Then... Reed ask a bunch of random questions but in the end... he got tired and sleepy.

He yawn and close his eyes while saying to Mikasa.

"I will take a nap cause I'm tired... just wake me up if something comes out"

Reed were sleepy so he got Mikasa to guard him while he sleeps. His first interaction to the main cast is not that interesting but at least he had good nap.

...

...

1 hour had passed and...

Rustle~

Rustle~

"Reed..."

"1 more minute"

"Reed-kun..."

Rustle~

Rustle~

"5 more minutes Mo-..."

Reed open his eyes and saw a black haired little girl waking him up and stop what on he's supposed to say.

"What's the problem Mikasa???"

"Your dad is here"

Mikasa pointed at someone and saw that it is his dad and said.

"Good morning dad"

Reed's dad face palm at his son antics and just said to Mikasa's father that on his side.

"Ehem- As you can see... my son is a good kid but he had this kind of weird hobby, where he likes to sleep anytime, anywhere"

"Hahaha! A good lad!"

Reed's father were embraced and just shakes his head...

"So... Cousin, don't worry about my state... there's a kind man name Dr. Yeagar who's helping me"

"Ok! I Hope I meet this man and thank him myself"

"Then bye"

"Bye"

"Son! Let's go"

...

...

While walking towards their house... Reed ask his father a question.

"Father... is that middle-aged man your Cousin?"

"Yep! He's my good, kind, caring cousin"

Reed's father stop walking and look at a distance. His eyes reminiscing his youth.

"So... son. How about you... what do you think of Mikasa"

"She's a quiet kid"

"Ohhh! How?"

"She didn't wake me and did some unnecessary things and just waiting there while seating... guarding me"

"Ayyy~"

Reed's father shakes his head and just continue walking.

...

...

Walking inside the house. Reed saw that his mother is cooking in the kitchen.

Sitting down towards the dinner table chair... Reed waited until the meal cook and said.

"Itadakimasu~(3×)"

Reed ate the meal and got up, walking out the house while saying.

"Mom. Dad. Am gonna go out and play"

Reed walk fast and disappear...

"Just don't walk in far away places."

Reed's mom said that and shake her head. She knew that playing on her son's mind is sleeping. She didn't know how or why her son always sleep.

...

...

It is noon time and it's freaking hot but...

There's a spot where Reed always sleep in this time...

Reed whistle as he walked and approached a tree. Where he what he called "perfect spot" located at.

"Sasageyo~ sasageyo~ hum~ hum~"

Reed laid down on the comfy grass. While he was laying, he pinch his hair and thought of Mikasa...

Mikasa's Parents will be killed and based on what Mikasa's father had said. Mikasa is only 5 years old and 4 years from now on, bandits will appear and kill her parents and Eren the Protagonist will saver her...

Even though he took pity on what will happen to the family of Mikasa... Reed will not change anything. He like to see this as close as possible to the original story. Even though it's only his selfish thoughts and cold blooded decision...

Reed didn't care one bit. He didn't even cared about his current family, much less Mikasa's family.

The life of him on Earth was Hell... he suffered a lot, but miraculously escape from it. He's 'dad' adopted him when they found him and his team on the base of terrorists group.

His 'dad' retired after that because of his old aged and take care of him, but he was a introvert kid and didn't like to talk much and only about 3 years later when he open up on his 'dad'. His 'dad' teach him many things and he had a great time with his father but sadly his 'dad' died.

He felt it. The pain on losing someone you really love. The pain was eating him prompting him on thinking of suicide and dying, but he thought of something his 'dad' told him.

" 'Live' and be 'free' ".

The words that fuel him from continue living... that's why in this life... he will live the way he want.

While thinking of complicated things... Reed slowly close his eyes and fell asleep...

There's a much bigger issue he like to tackle tomorrow. That's why Reed wanted to sleep, resting his both mind and body.

He wanted to be on an optimal condition when he experiment on something he thought about when he first saw Mikasa... and it's precisely being an Ackerman.

...

...

8