Chapter 104.
902 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 104.

I lowered the phone behind the couch and carefully lined up the camera with the hole in the wall. Just as I was about to turn away, let my phone record everything, then call it a day, the corner of my lips spasmed uncontrollably. 

There was some sort of sphere-shaped object gradually forcing its way through the hole toward my phone. I wasn’t quite sure what it was at first, but its identity soon became apparent. Its identity was that of an eyeball. It bulged out of the hole and swiveled around in place as it squeezed it’s deformed ‘body’ through the hole. If I were to make a direct comparison, it was essentially an eye, bulging out of its socket; however, it was much more graphic. When three-quarters of the eye was exposed, it stopped squirming, froze in place, and looked up directly into my eyes as though it were shocked it had been discovered. A spine-tingling sensation ran down my back when our gazes aligned.

Suddenly, eyeballs randomly emerged one by one across the wall outwards from the singular eye as the origin. It was creepier than anything I could have imagined. If I knew things would turn out like this, I would have definitely taken the jump scare. The sensation of being watched from all directions was creepy and extremely off-putting.

Was this my just deserts for trying to spy on them?

Every inch of the room was covered in a seemingly endless array of wide open bulging eyeballs, all locked onto my body. I licked my dry lips and gulped down the accumulated pool of saliva in my mouth as I warily moved through the room while rotating in a circle to carefully record everything.

Anywhere I moved, the eyes closely followed. I exited the living room and entered my bedroom. The moment I entered the bedroom, the eyes, like rapids bursting through a dam expanded into the room like roots out of the doorframe. I cautiously approached the bed then slowly pulled the sheet off it and covered my entire body.

The only thing I could see now was the ground beneath my feet. After a few seconds of privacy, eyes formed beneath my feet and looked directly up at me from the ground; they were still locked onto my every move. The ends of the bedsheet came into contact with the eyes on the ground; like they were spores, they stubbornly latched onto it. The highly infectious disease of eyes sprouted from the ground up until I was completely surrounded by eyes embedded in the blanket.

I had nowhere to turn or run. I closed my eyes and moved forward, but I tripped on the sheet in a panic and tumbled onto the bed. When the eyes squished up against my body freezing cold shivers traversed the surface of all the skin on my body. 

Completely grossed out, I thrashed about beneath the sheet frantically to get away. When I finally escaped the sheet I sat up straight on the bed and opened my eyes, only to find the mass of eyes had all mysteriously vanished almost as if they’d never existed.

“Haaaah. Haaaaaaah. Haaaaaaaah.”

The ordeal didn’t last long, but my heart was already pounding madly in my chest. I was already out of breath from the few short minutes the eyes had appeared. My sanity definitely couldn’t take much more of crazy weird shit like this. Honestly, it felt like I’d just woken up from a bad dream just now. I wasn’t quite sure whether any of it was real either.

Luckily, I had my phone that I recorded everything with which would hopefully shed some light on what transpired just now.

I dropped my phone earlier when I tripped on the sheet, but thankfully it was still in one piece. I got off the bed, picked it up, and played back the video I’d just recorded. When I saw the length of the video I was shocked. It was much longer than what I’d just went through. That was also when I noticed the present date and time. The next day... it was already the next day…

The timestamp on the video also indicated it was taken ten hours ago. A memory lapse? Did I fall into an unconscious state after I fell on the bed? Mortified, I still played the video in hopes I could uncover some sort of truth.

Rather than the revelation of anything that made sense of the situation, I only grew more confounded by everything. The video was thirty minutes long. I skimmed through the entire thing and it never moved away from the wall the way I remembered the sequence of events. It was stuck there, swaying slightly in place. It was positioned perfectly in line with the hole too. The only thing I learned from the video was what happened in the room on the other side. That was the only thing depicted for the entire duration of the video.

The first scene I saw was Val who’d pushed Adele onto the bed. Her hands were pressed down firmly against the bed with Adele’s head positioned between them, bashfully angled to the side away from Val’s face. Val was on top of her with knees glued to the bed, Adele’s body was perfectly positioned like a hot dog in a bun, trapped, and unable to flee or escape. 

Holy mother of god. I definitely shouldn’t have spied after all. This was for real and not just some prank?

While on top of the bed, Val moved her face closer to Adele’s; it appeared she intended to whisper sweet nothings into her ear before they moved onto the real stuff.

“Val, we’ve only just met, isn’t this too fast?”

After a few seconds, Val turned her eyes in the direction of the camera and poked out her tongue like she somehow knew I was watching. It really felt like everything was just to tease me. She immediately got off the bed, chuckled, and said, “it was a joke, I’m straight. I just wanted to see how you’d react.”

“Eh? Val?! What do you mean? I was seriously considering your advances. Isn’t it mean to play with someone like that after having just met?”

“Sorry. Sorry. It was just a bit of fun between us girls.”

“Though… wouldn’t you rather it be your neighbor doing what I just did?”

“What? Are you crazy? We... hardly know each other.”

“Hardly know each other. I guess that’s right.”

“Yeah… hardly know each other.”

“Is something wrong?”

“Well… the last two weeks... I’ve been having weird dreams.”

My heart skipped a beat when I heard her. What do you mean weird dreams? Go on. Please!

“Oh? Is that so? How about we go out and grab something to eat while we talk about it?”

“Eat? Well, I am a bit hungry.”

Val! Are you really that malicious?! You really knew I was spying, didn’t you?! What the hell? Was she really serious about that whole seeing colors thing? Did I ooze colors through the hole or something ridiculous? Was that really what gave me away?

Maybe it’s just a sixth sense, perhaps similar to developing a feeling for when someone is secretly watching you. I had first-hand experience with that sort of thing, so I could certainly relate if that’s what it was.

32