Chapter 129.
683 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 129.

I stood in place petrified, straight as a rod, completely frozen. The machete listlessly hung down by my side amidst the silence as I stared blankly at the cabin ceiling. I didn’t know how to react to the warmth of her blood that turned my own cold.

“Oh, it seems we have a natural. For a first kill to be so clean and resolute, it’s actually quite impressive.”

They were words that I despised down to my core. The immense revulsion I felt toward the terrorist that spoke out grew stronger with every second that ticked by. I’d reached a point where I couldn’t care less for anything or anyone, not even myself. I felt like a hollow empty husk after I’d decisively reaped Val’s life with my own two hands. 

I’m… better off dead than living on like this. But if I was going to end my own life now anyway, why let a piece of trash like this live? I might as well try to take one down with me even if the endeavor turns out to be a fruitless one.

“Hahahahahahah! HAHAHAHAHA! HAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!” A burst of maniacal laughter erupted from somewhere within me. Even I had no idea where it originated from. Like a mad man who’d lost all semblance of sanity, I shouted out, “So much fun! Who knew killing would be so great! My good brother, I must truly shake your hand for allowing me to see the light. I never imagined killing someone would feel so amazing!”

I sounded like a purebred, top-class psychopath. I’d been around my fair share after all. Acting like one wasn’t very difficult for me. In fact, it was almost like breathing to me by now.

I approached the terrorist and extended my left hand out toward him in a gesture to shake hands.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m a businessman at my core. If I’m to join your side, I’d like to shake hands on it. You’re quite the good man, as such, I  naturally must shake the hand of someone who’s shown me such a grand way of life.”

“Hahaha. So you were actually one of our kind. Shackled by society, but released after your first blood. Who knew we’d find a natural like you in this group. It’s a shame though. Such a shame, really.” He shook his head and mumbled regretfully at the end. 

I took it as a vague confirmation that it really was the bounty on my head that they were after. Despite that, the terrorist still extended his hand out in my direction. Though it was clear to me he hadn’t let his guard down in the slightest, he still had his other hand firmly glued to his gun. But still, in spite of that, it didn’t matter to me. Even if I was shot here in the process, even if it cost my own life, I’d ensure this machete cleaved through the flesh around his neck. 

Right before our left hands came into contact, without any warning, I swung the machete diagonally upward from my lower right and aimed directly for his neck. The man instinctively moved back and raised his gun, but I’d already anticipated it. I’d preemptively intercepted him, I punched the inner joint on his right arm with my left hand. It made it impossible for him to point the gun directly at my head before the machete sliced into his throat. 

Bang!

With my punch, the gun was diverted to my shoulder. When the initial pain from the machete registered with him, it further offset his aim. The bullet exited the barrel of his gun and shot a hole straight through my left leg, but that didn’t stop the machete’s momentum. I grit my teeth with rage and fully followed through with my swing. 

Time in my eyes came to a near standstill as the machete sliced cleanly through the front of his throat, a trail of blood left behind in its wake flicked along the path the machete exited. Blood erupted out from his neck and he stared at me wide-eyed full of disbelief and rage. I was certain he never expected he’d suffer such humiliation at the hands of a normal civilian in such a fashion. 

If there was one thing I was good at, it was running simulations in my head. The instant I decapitated Val, in a flash, I’d simulated hundreds of ways to at least ensure I’d successfully drag him down with me to hell, no matter the price I paid. The option with the best chance of success was to go at it with the intention to die. Before, when I was shackled by the desire to live through this ordeal, the chances of successfully taking one down was always zero.

However, the scariest sort of person was one without anything left to lose. Once I’d given up on life, a path presented itself to me. A path opened up where the cornered weak little ant toppled the scary behemoth. The path I chose was the most simplistic and primitive, act decisively without care for your own well being and never allow a chance to escape; if I die, we die together. 

Drag the enemy down to hell, claw at his feet. and make him regret everything. It was an idiot’s plan to kill a simple-minded murderer. When he was convinced I’d awoken to the sort of pleasures they enjoyed most, strike him down.

Even if he wasn’t the one who killed me, his other little terrorist buddies surely would, that much I was certain of. Though I’d likely face a fate far worse than the first man who’d been tortured to death. However, what I found even scarier was, the possibility that they didn’t allow me to die? I didn’t even consider that possibility initially. They might make me regret ever being born.

When the severity of the situation hit me, it was already too late to turn back. I’d acted in the heat of the moment out of rage without thinking much further beyond this terrorist’s death. I wanted to immediately jump out of the plane to my death, but that was impossible, they had the aisle on lockdown. My little act of bravado was already over. Even if I wanted death, it might not be given to me.

All these thoughts raced through my mind in an instant while the machete continued along its projected path. I struggled to stop the machete’s momentum immediately due to the onset of pain from the bullet that pierced through my leg. When I unsteadily recovered my footing, I rotated the machete in my hand and hurriedly raised it back up fully intent on slicing into my own neck to immediately end my life, but right at that moment, several bullets were fired by the terrorist’s allies. All the bullets penetrated, with fine precision, directly into both my hands forcing me to drop it.

My attempt to kill myself was thwarted in its tracks and I was met with the worst-case scenario I’d just imagined. If they wanted me immediately dead, they’d have done so with those shots.

The terrorist on the verge of death eyed me evilly and made a hand gesture to the others in the group. All the men chuckled and nodded in understanding before they all simultaneously turned their heads in my direction. They all had wide grins plastered on their faces that sent shivers down my back. I found it chilling to the bone how they weren’t even slightly bothered by the death of their own.

“It’s your lucky day to kill one of us. It really is, now you don’t get to die. No, you’ll definitely wish you were successful just now in your attempt to kill yourself.” One of the terrorists said that to me.

“Since you wanted to fuck one of us up, we’ll just need to fuck you up a bit if you know what I mean. We prefer women, but oh well. A hole is a hole. Whether it’s two or three, they’re all holes at the end of the day. They all serve the same purpose for us at least.”

My eyes shrunk when I understood their meaning.

“Can’t I just have the same torture the first guy had? Why do you guys have to be this way?” God, I didn’t know there really was something so much worse than the way the first guy was tortured. At least he was left with his dignity intact. This was just sick.

“You wanted to act like a big man, so we need to show you your place as the weak little woman you are.”

If this is just another crappy nightmare, please let me wake up right now.

I visibly trembled as they approached closer to me. This was what I got though, I killed Val with my own hands after all. I suppose I merely took her place instead. I guess I should have expected that sort of divine retribution. It was my own fault. The decision I made brought this on me.

14