Epilogue 6: Oliver with Kyle et al.
177 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the weeks, Oliver has patched up his friendships with his old friends.

It’s currently night time, and the poetry readings have finished a while ago. Oliver is seated with Kyle and Anderson. Mia and her boyfriend are off talking with some of the poets, while Nina seems to be chatting up another woman. When they leave together, it’s clearly successful.

A message pings on Oliver’s phone.

Robin Quan: I started the slow cooker when I went back home earlier. Turn it off when you return, okay?

Oliver smiles and types an affirmative.

Kyle pretends to gag. “First you, and now Nina,” he grumbles. “It’s not fair. I’m basically breathing in love hearts from you.”

“You’re just jealous,” Oliver says lightly.

“I’m not!” Kyle splutters.

“Fine, as a friend, I should help you. What do you want from a partner?”

Kyle pulls a face. “Really? Really?

“Maybe that’s your problem,” Oliver says. “If you don’t know, how can you even start searching? Anderson, you know Kyle better than me. What kind of qualities does Kyle look for?”

“...In bed?” Anderson’s lips turn down a little as he glances at Kyle.

“Fine, fine! Maybe someone...who’s taller than me,” Kyle admits. “He’s got to like me, and understand my humour.”

Humour,” Oliver coughs under his breath.

“He definitely needs to be able to eat chilli. No way would I cook two sets of dinners, unless he can cook, which then makes it no problem.”

Oliver nods slowly.

“He should be…” Kyle groans. “Considerate. Attentive. All that stupid nice stuff. And play music, but not guitar.” Now at the end of his limit, Kyle downs his drink and stuffs the last handful of sweet potato chips into his mouth.

Oliver nods again, frowning a little. Kyle’s words sound very familiar…

“I’ll get you another drink,” Anderson says quietly. “More chips, or pizza later?”

“Eh, pizza later is fine,” Kyle says.

Anderson nods and stands up.

Oliver looks at Anderson’s back as he winds his way to the bar, taking with him the used cup and bowl.

And it’s like the sun is rising.

“Isn’t your perfect partner Anderson?”

Kyle’s head snaps to him. “No way! No way!”

“I bet he can lift you above his head too. I don’t know about his dating history, but I’m sure you could teach him skills in bed.”

“We’re childhood friends!”

“Who are both gay,” Oliver points out mildly. “Anderson ticks practically all of your boxes. He’s basically the perfect partner, isn’t he? He can even cook. He’s a bit quiet, but given how long you’ve been friends, it’s clearly not a problem. No offence, but the type of guys you went out with before never lasted, so maybe you should try and adjust your aesthetics.”

“Fuck you!”

“And if you don’t date him, then at our age, he’s probably going to find his own boyfriend,” Oliver continues mercilessly.

“But he’s my best friend, no matter what happens,” Kyle says stubbornly.

“Uh-huh,” Oliver makes a very-unconvinced sound.

At that moment, Anderson comes back with a fresh drink for just Kyle. Kyle stares at him in silence. His lips part soundlessly.

Oliver clears his throat loudly.

“T-thanks,” Kyle accepts the drink, quickly looking away from Anderson and glaring at Oliver instead.

Oliver leans back in his chair and raises an eyebrow.

Anderson frowns.

“It’s fine, nothing’s the problem,” Kyle mutters. There’s a touch of redness across his cheeks. “Damn you, Oliver.”

Anderson frowns at Oliver.

Oliver stands up. “Anyway, I need to leave. Anderson, my tip to you is to make cake and wear sunglasses.”

“What the fuck are you on about,” Kyle retorts.

“There are two types of irresistible men,” Oliver says pompously. “Men who can bake, and men who wear sunglasses. See you!” He puts on his sunglasses and saunters out.

...Oliver peeks over his shoulder before he leaves. Kyle’s not looking at Anderson, but they seem to be talking.

In his heart, Oliver’s shaking his head. No wonder Anderson’s been following Kyle for so long. Oliver’s sure he doesn’t need to do anything more on the matter though, Kyle’ll crack soon enough.

And even better, now Oliver can go and see his lover~

10