1 [02] – New Discoveries
268 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 01 - Learnig About The World

Act 02 - New Discoveries 

______________________________

A year and a half had past since Ezekiel remembered fully of his memories and too much had passed in his mind during this last year. He was in conflict about these memories.

In one side was his last life, his loving mother, caring father and his lovable sister. In the other side, this new world, pokemon and his equally loving family that was here to support him at any time.

He wanted to hold into these memories for a long time, to go back to them, but he knew that for them a long time may have already passed. His parents should already grieved enough, mourned enough, and he did not wanted to cause more chaos in their lives anymore, it would be unfair to them.

It would also be unfair for his new parents to live his life without any kind of attachment to them even though they tried their best while bringing him up, as if they are nothing more than strangers even thither passed for too much together. 

So he mourned, for a year and a half he mourned his old life, his parents, his sister and his friends. But at end of these two years he decided that he wanted to focus fully in this new life and let the past go, never forget, just let it go.

Thus, he was standing in a chair that he put near a window that looked to the street of his home, waiting for his father to come home from his job. Oliver, his father, worked in the business of transporting heavy or big things like crates or house furniture, which was the reason that he was so muscled like he was. He usually drives around the town with his truck and his pokemon, which are a trusty and loyal couple of a Nidoqueen and a Nidoking, taking the heavy things from the one side if the town and putting them in the other side of the town. Not a very lucrative or easy job but it was a honest work that the worker relied on to provide for his family, so Ezekiel was very much grateful for the amount of effort that his father put on to keep the family afloat as his mother, Cassandra, was having troubles with the job these last years.

These last few days had been very different from the norm because Oliver decided to pick a job that made him go outside town, it was a one time thing and gave a load of money so he decided to try it this one time. Needless to say that the house had been very different considering that Oliver usually came home by the dinner, the lack of his big figure made a very visible hole in the dining table.

Thus, Ezekiel was waiting for him to come back today.

So he just stood here in the chair for a few minutes, not even seating himself on the chair for a minute to rest because he wanted to get outside at moment that he saw his father's truck getting down in the road. Which was exactly the reason that he never saw his mother sneaking upon him and snatching him from the chair that he was standing.

"Look at what I have here! A cute little pie!" She said as she held him against her chest with one hand.

Cassandra was a not a very beautiful woman but she was still very cute with round cheeks and a dirty blond hair that curled around her shoulder, much similar to Ezekiel's even thought his was short instead of shoulder length, she also wore thick glasses that made her little blue eyes look slight bigger than they really are.

He was used to seeing her using her white scientist coat since he usually goes afield with her during her job as a field resercher but today she was wearing just a casual white tshirt that he was sure belonged to his father and short jeans.

Cassandra was a very enthusiastic researcher and was just finishing a important thesis when she sudden discovered that she was pregnant, but she decided to keep him anyway even thought that it caused major complications on her researche. The first few months of his life had been a major impact on her work life as she usually worked on the field instead of a laboratory so she had to juggle between being a present mother and working on her thesis but she had done both admirably and Ezekiel loved her for her efforts. The hardest period had already passed thought, and Ezekiel was already big and smart enough that she can take him failed with her.

"No!" He screamed as she tried to playfully bite him in the cheek, "No mommy, I'm not a pie!" He shouted, wiggling in her arms as if trying to escape her grasp, even though he was not really trying.

"Alright, alright, you're not a pie, but you are still my sweet little boy." She said while putting him down.

"No, I'm not a sweet too. I'm really tough." He said while trying to sound tough and arrogant but to his mother he looked to be just pouting, "Tough like daddy." He completed looking up to her from his lower stand point and trying to make a pose like his father did to him earlier that week.

The researcher gave out a loud laughter at that and spoke, "One day, sure, you can be like your father, but right now you're my little boy and I'll enjoy it while I can." And then she tried to catch him into her arms once again, only that this time he was ready for that and backed away from her.

She narrowed her eyes at him but he could see the playful intentions behind the thick lenses, she gave one step forward, he gave another two backwards. 

There was another second of silence between the both of them before Ezekiel darted behind him and started to zigzag across the house in a run to escape his mother, Cassandra on her part, decided to give hike a second of advantage before stalking behind him like a hunter seeking her prey.

The two of them then started a chase around the house that lasted for a few more minutes. Ezekiel was very tiny because of his age and was also very smart, which usually made hiked very slippery and hard to catch but he was not ready to face a foe as cunning as his own mother. The researcher had experience in hunting and following creatures while remaining unnoticed because she had to follow pokemon inside the forest, sometimes for days at end, and she was more than willing to use that experience in hunting her son through their house even if only to win a small game between both of them.

In the end, the taller blond won. 

She got him midair while he was trying to jump over a chair and into the couch, he was then subjected to a extraordinary amount of cuddle and kisses that he never received neither in this life or another. After that they remained in the couch with the boy seated on her lap and her hugging him while they watched a recorded fight between a gym leader and someone that challenged him for the title like Sabrina did previously.

One fighter had a Snorlax standing up that was standing up and had a scowl on its face, something that was very rare on a Snorlax since they are known to be a very peaceful species. The other one had a Bellosson that even thought it was much smaller than her foe, did not looked even a bit intimidated.

It was proved that it was fight in doing so since the flower pokemon dominated the fight from the start to the end, with only a few hits being taken but each struck that rang true leaving a devastating damage. In the end the Bellosson won but was defeated by the Taurus that appeared after it, which surprisingly knew Outrage and did not hesitated in using it against the little flower.

"Ouch, that one must have hurt."  Commented the little boy, much to the amusement of his mother at his tone.

The fight continued for a while after that, one pokemon defeating other in regular intervals with no one showing particular dominance over the fight. A Cacturn, a Lopunny, a Jumpluff, a Pidgeot, a Vileplume, a Raticate, a Victreebell, pokemon's had been thrown one after another in a battle that remained well disputed until the final moments where the challenger send out a Persian.

That was when things started to deviate from what Ezekiel knew about the pokemon world.

The Persian was normally a cream colored feline that had three whiskers at both sides of the face and a red jew embedded in the forehead with a single curly tail poking from its behind.

Which was exactly like this Persian was, at the begin.

As the fight progresses the Persian showed total dominance over the Victreebell that it was fighting with a surprising mastery over the dark type with some very powerful Crunch and and Dark Pulse, defeating the Victreebell in no time.

And the last pokemon of the challenged appeared, a Exeggutor.

That was the moment that things started to get weird.

The Persian that previous looked like any other from the species, beside the Alolan variant, started to shine with a radiant white light that seemed almost blinding to the casual watcher, a light very similar to what he recognized as the evolution process.

At same time, in the other side of the field, the Exeggutor that was there before also started to shine like the Persian and the silhouette of the figure also stared to change like a evolution.

What came out was a slight elongated Exeggutor but one that had a tail and looked like a hybrid between the Alolan variant of the species and the usual, Kantoan, version. 

When the camera focused once again in the Persian it was also changed. The three whisker on its face became four, the gems, three and the tails, two. Aside from that the creature also looked much more menacing in the overall, a complete difference from the Persian that are normally known as a luxurious species. But thought it looked overly menacing, it also gained a different beauty than it had before, with a few light blue fur patchs flaring around its neck and paws.

Both creatures evolved, yet both of them are already end stage pokemon. That goes completely against what he knew of the pokemon world, since the closest thing that he ever saw to something like that was a Mega Evolution but that was also out of the table since he saw neither mega rings nor key rings being used and the process looked very dissimilar to the Mega Evolution animation in the game.

Incapable of understanding what happened before him, he did what any avid pokemon enthusiastic would do in a situation like that, he asked his mommy.

"Mommy, what happened?" A bewildered tone marking his words.

Glancing at the shocked expression that was on her son's face Cassandra could not hold it and let out a small chuckle in amusement, seeing how cute he looked even though he tried to look tough usually, " That, Zeky, is a Battle Bond. It's like another evolution but it can only happen if the pokemon and the trainer have a high affinity and care for each others. It was only last for a few minutes at most so most trainers are very cautious about when to use them. " She answered, as if giving him a lecture.

Ezekiel nodded his head in appreciation, "Thanks Mommy." He said before looking back to the screen but this time his mind was already in another place.

Battle Bond, that was the name given to what happened between Ash and his Greninja in the X&Y season, which most people called bullshit. He, too, thought the same about it since nothing like that had been spoken about in the whole pokemon franchise but he had just gave up and accept it since he could not change what happened.

But now he was being told that such thing was actually common in this new world of his and that even gym leader candidates have the power to do so, which means that all and any Gym Leader and Elite Four should be able to do so. He held in a shudder thinking about a Lance and his flock of Dragonites that probably can do that, and that Sabrina won against that Gym Leader without even letting the poor guy use the Battle Bond with his pokemon.

But the most important thing was, he discovered that he did not knew everything from this world. That thought excited him.

For him the best part about the pokemon game was when they released some new content and he had a totally new field to crack and discover how to dominate with total efficiency. He was a avid pokemon player but that was only because that marvelous game gave him many paths for him to follow and discover new ways that he can achieve what he called Ideal Performance.

He was a min-maxer through and through.

But to him, what was important was not the final result where he achieved the Ideal Performance, but the mystery of the discovery every time that he thought of a new method to achieve it. What he loved was the path to the end, not the goal in itself.

So now that he discovered that this world was different from what he knew, he could not be more excited to discover new things about it. What more it had that he did not know? Have a new type been added to the ones he already know? Maybe a whole new region? He did not know, and that excited him

He had a whole new world to discover, a whole new world to study and a whole new world to master.

He could not be more excited.


______________________________

Spoiler

Ezekiel Cliff - Male 

Age - 03

Date - 20 January 

Badges - N/A

Pokemon - N/A

Currency - N/A

[collapse]

______________________________

Here it is, the first of a shitton of small turns I'm going to give this novel. There are some more to come.

9