Chapter 4
420 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters released every Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Saturday!
AUTHOR NOTE: 
Chapter 4 is released! Wow, again thank you for supporting us and if you haven't, please follow and favourite this novel!

Thanks!
ryder, hokori, igor, poseidon, eddiesekai (PLUTO TEAM)


Nightmares make us Human
“Papa… Mama… Where… where are… they…”

In a small alleyway, with the moon shining bright, lies a young girl aged 6 with a deep hole in her chest. With her, is a man with a hood.

“The sky looks bright huh…”

She couldn’t even finish her last words, as her eyes dimmed and her breath ceased.

Sky Yun opens his eyes, the nightmare of him witnessing the young child dying in his arms still haunts him to this day. Although he has witnessed cruelty in many other places, the events that happened on that day will stick, and forever be with him.

Although that fated day happened years ago, this nightmare reminds him that he is only a human. This feeling of being haunted reminds him that he is not some sort of demon that kills without remorse.

Today was the day that his newly refurbished coffee shop is complete, and although he had told the builders that he is fine with a normal coffee shop look he took weeks sorting out what sort of furniture is needed, and where should it be placed.

After a few weeks of continuous back and forth with the building company, they called Sky Yun to visit to the coffee shop now that it has been refurbished.

The past few weeks hasn’t been anything special for Sky Yun, with repeated talks with the builders and him scoping out the campus, he has now familiarized himself with the area.

He got off his bed, went to shower and walked towards the shop.

Although he can easily afford a car, this little walk to the coffee shop has been an interest of his. Perhaps because he wanted to take in the life of being normal.

He hasn’t spoken with the old man since he retired, perhaps because he does not want to remind himself that the old man was like a father to him.

The coffee shop has changed completely from when Sky Yun had bought it, with the entrance having a double black door with a huge, blank black sign above it.

The windows placed on the side of the building allowing people to walk by, whilst being able to see the coffee shop’s interior.

The inside of the coffee shop is filled with many paintings, styles from modern time, to times many, many years ago, created by famous painters.

The table layout is simple, with a table having 4 chairs each. The counter is located in front of the table, having 6 stools.

Mr. Xiao, the man who owns the building company walks up to Sky Yun with a huge smile on his face.

“Young man, after a few weeks we are done now. The payment of 25,000 RMB has been sent to us and it has been a pleasure doing business with you!”

Mr. Xiao had a huge smile on his face, this sort of job for him although tedious has been extremely beneficial.

“Yeah, you can go now.”

Mr. Xiao left with a smile on his face, followed by his crew.

Sky Yun walked around the newly built coffee shop and looked at the blank side above his shop. The sign was where he could place the shop’s name and he has not decided on anything just yet.

After sitting down on a table, and looking at the coffee shop in front of him, he remembered the day that the little girl died in his arms. Her last words…

‘The sky looks bright huh, Sky’s Café seems appropriate right?’

His last name is Sky, although he had taken the last name from the old man, the name ‘Sky’s Café’ could mean ‘Sky Yun’s Café’ but in his heart the meaning behind the name is so that the memory of the little girl lives on.

He grabbed a ladder, left in the toolshed which was given to him by the old man for free, and climbed the ladder with white paint.

SKY’S CAFÉ was written in English, he had learnt countless languages in order to complete espionage in different missions.

After packing away the ladder and paint, he walked towards the house he had also requested to be built.

He opened the door and was greeted with a huge living room, with a couch and TV. He checked out the rest of the house. It had a bedroom, kitchen and bathroom with a spare room which was emptied out.

He then quickly returned to his hotel room, packed his bags and went towards his new home.

After doing that, he needed to buy a supply of coffee beans in order to provide coffee. He called a coffee bean farm located in Yunnan.

“Hello, who is this?”

Sky Yun was greeted with a female voice, something soothing about the voice made Sky Yun slightly smile. Perhaps this is because it seemed to innocent.

“Yeah, I would like to purchase some coffee beans for my shop”

“Wa! A customer! Wait let me call my father!”

Hearing that Sky Yun wanted to buy coffee beans, the female ran off with the phone. All he could hear where footsteps going down the stairs with loud thuds and a door opening.

“FATHER! A MAN CALLED FOR YOU!”

The female voice screamed loud and a deep voice replied,

“Okay! Pass me the phone, you seem really energetic Xue’er!”

“Hello? Who is this?”

“Hello, my name is Sky Yun and I am here to discuss a deal for your coffee beans”

The voice was slightly surprised, most didn’t deal with him due to his competitor which had been destroying him in sales for years.

“Oh? You do know that there is another coffee bean farm, right?”

Sky Yun looked on the internet quickly and found that the coffee bean farm, which the voice referred to, had dominated the coffee bean farm industry in China for years.

“I don’t want to work with a company that has loads of people already buying from them. You are a better choice.”

Sky Yun’s response had caused the voice to be silent. This was his first deal in years, and perhaps his final deal if this does not go well.

“What types of coffee beans and how much?”

“1.25 million RMB worth of Kopi Luwak imported raw from Vietnam”

“What?!”

The voice started to get loud, this deal was unheard of, that sort of order showed the voice how unordinary the person he is currently dealing with.

“Do we have an agreement?”
Sky Yun asked, he wished to quickly get the deal in order to start the coffee shop as.

“Yes, no problem it would take around a month for it all to arrive, however you must put a deposit of 500,000 RMB before I make the order.”

“Sure.”

Sky Yun agreed to the voice’s request.

The call ended and Sky Yun lied on his new bed, his eyes closed feeling joyful but the memory of the little girl haunts him again.

That fateful day will forever be etched in his heart, perhaps this sort of thing can be considered a curse.

But this ‘curse’ is what makes Sky Yun feel human again.

 

13