Chapter 18
301 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters released every Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Saturday!
AUTHOR NOTE: 
Hey! Chapter 18 is here! Comment how you are feeling about the story and the chapter too!

Thank You!
ryder, hokori, igor, poseidon, eddiesekai (PLUTO TEAM)


The Old Man's Visit, Part I
DING~

“Hey Big Brother!”

Chen Fei walked in the coffee shop, it was the next day and she planned to stay here till her lesson begins in the afternoon.

She sees Sky Yun, in the kitchen making breakfast. On the table, a package box with an address and a name ‘Ling Xue’ on it.

“Hey, what’s this?”

Sky Yun turns his head to see what Chen Fei was talking about, and then went back to cooking.

“It’s for my wife, I bought her a ring.”

Sky Yun said without turning his head around.

“W-W-WIFE!?”

Chen Fei was completely shocked, this man who has never smiled or shown any emotion in front of her has a wife?

Sky Yun didn’t bother looking at her, but Chen Fei stood there in a daze.

“Can I meet B-big sister then?”

“You already did, when mother came in.”

Chen Fei tried to recall any memory of seeing someone, but to no avail. She left when she took her mother to Sky Yun as she wished to be alone with him.

“I don’t remember, but I want to meet her.”

Sky Yun finished cooking after she had said that and looked at her.

“Sure, she’ll be back in a month’s time.”

Ling Xue had told him that she has to stay with her dad for a bit before moving over to his home, Sky Yun didn’t mind as he was meant to go work as an instructor for a month too.

He grabbed a plate, and filled it with his breakfast and sat down on the table. Chen Fei followed suit, and sat on the chair across from him.

“When is the ball.”

“In 2 days, many families will take part but since fa- I mean that man is not coming, I’ll have to come on his behalf.”

Chen Fei was about to say father but remembered the hatred Sky Yun had on him. Sky Yun listened in and felt conflicted slightly.

“So, I’ll have to be part of the Chen Family?”

He hated the Chen Family, he wished for it to burn to the ground but after promising his mother to love and protect his sister he did not wish to say no.

“Don’t worry, you’ll represent yourself but some people might recognise you though.”

Recognise? It had been 10 years since he was kicked out and his appearance changed a lot. His physique and height also changed dramatically, so to recognise him would be shocking.

Chen Fei knew this and slapped her forehead, what a stupid question she had asked. But Sky Yun didn’t care, as he sat there eating on without saying another word.

After finishing his meal, he then started to set up the shop. Chen Fei had asked Sky Yun to work in the coffee shop till her lesson starts and he agreed.

He opened the shop, and sat down reading his book with Chen Fei also reading her book on a stool beside him.

DING~

The door opened, and the same group from his first day came in. Yun Sheng, Xiao Xin, Zhao Tuo and Ouyang Na walked in and went to the counter.

Chen Fei who was reading looked up to see her friends come in, and stood up.

The group stood at the counter, and turned to see their good friend Chen Fei standing there with an apron on.

“FEIFEI?”

Xiao Xin yelled; she couldn’t believe the university cold beauty was working in a coffee shop. The rest held a dumbfounded expression on their faces too.

“What would you like to order.”

They didn’t answer but instead looked at the man who was seated reading his book in silence.

“Hey, how did you get the Chen Princess to come work at this shop?”

Yun Sheng asked, the rest also had the same question in their head too. Sky Yun glanced at them for a second before reading his book. His cold, apathetic attitude irritated Yun Sheng.

“You… can you speak?”

Chen Fei looked at the situation and sighed.

“He is my brother; I came to work here to repay a favour I owe him.”

Brother? When did she have a brother? They weren’t convinced and felt something fishy was going on.

“Feifei, you don’t need to lie to your best friend. Do you fancy him? You like that handsome man right?”

Ouyang Na, teasing Chen Fei as usual, continued to pester her with questions.

Sky Yun placed his book down and looked at the group in front of him.

“Do you want to order or not?”

“I’ll do it Big Brother Yun, don’t worry.”

Looking at the two, the group was really surprised that Chen Fei acted the way she is currently.

Chen Fei had countless suitors, many being heirs to huge families across China. She usually was cold and didn’t care for anyone’s well-being except those truly close to her.

“Fei, are you really in love with him?”

Xiao Xin whispered; Chen Fei shook her head.

“He is really my biological brother, my mother told me and asked him to look after me.”

Xiao Xin decided to believe Chen Fei, as Chen Fei has never lied to her before, and wouldn’t lie in this situation.

The group finally settled in and ordered, and Sky Yun quickly made it for them.

The day continued normally, with the group still in the shop talking. Lunch was approaching and Sky Yun walked in the kitchen to make food.

DING~

Two huge men walked in with black and white suits, both looked as if they were part of the movie ‘Men In Black’.

They opened the door in a serving manner and in came an old man with a cane and a fedora hat on. His mouth was covered with a lit cigar and was laughing as he walked in.

The group felt threatened by who came in, Sky Yun walked in behind the counter, as if no one came into the coffee shop.

“HAHAHA, Little devil, you are not going to say hi to this old man.”

Sky Yun looked up and saw the old man, Sky Long in front, of him. He was very shocked as he did not expect this at all, but he quickly got his head straight and raised his eyebrows.

“You do realise the meeting is in a month, shouldn’t you prepare?”

What Sky Yun was referring to, was the Round Table Conference. He had heard about it during his training by the old man and understood that the conference was a way to keep organised crime, ‘organised’.

“Don’t worry about that, I came to visit you because I heard you got a girl now!”

Sky Long looked at table that Xiao Xin, Yun Sheng, Ouyang Na and Zhao Tuo were, and saw Chen Fei who was wearing an apron standing there.

“Is it this young lass? Man, you were like me when I was young HAHAHA!”

“No, it’s my sister.”

Sky Long stopped laughing, and looked at Sky Yun.

“So, she is the Chen Family’s princess. You going there anytime soon?”

Sky Long knew the hatred that Sky Yun had for the Chen Family. But not to his expectation, Sky Yun shook his head.

“I gave up a long time ago.”

Sky Long started to laugh like a madman before taking a seat in front of Sky Yun. Sky Yun looked at the bodyguards and turned his gaze to the old man.

“They are releasing killing intent, my customers will feel scared.”

Sky Long then ordered his bodyguards to go back to the SUV parked outside.

Chen Fei and her friends were scared and shocked, they did not expect that the old man and Sky Yun to know each other.

Chen Fei was confused, she looked at her brother and realised he wasn’t what she thought he would be.

‘Who exactly are you, big bro?’

 

8