1.00 Prologue: I love accidents.
510 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sigh… This is the 3rd cleansing of this month, after this I don’t even think our city will be able to survive this plague.”

“Don’t worry! The Great Shaman of Melour will arrive here in 2 days. He will probably find the source of this disease.”

Outside of Shanark city, two men in plague outfit were dragging a carriage filled with corpses of the diseased. Their voices were sagging due to the mask, but the fear and tension in there voices was hard to hide.
These were the men responsible to dispose the bodies far away from the city so that the plague cannot spread further, hence these men also came in contact with the bodies of the diseased the most. If not for their suits, these men would already be part of the bodies they were dragging.

“Well we are here… lets drop the bodies and run away from here.” One of the men said as he started dragging the bodies out of the wagon and disposed them in the giant hole that the city has so hurriedly dug.

This hole was 5 km away from the city and already had some burnt bodies in them along with crimson crystals that were shimmering due to the reflection of light. But these crystals were also not something precious.

“Pity the fool who lost himself in their beauty.” One man commented in pity as he saw the glittering crimson crystals in the ditch. These crystals were left after the last shipment of bodies were burnt as these crystals were actually byproduct of the plague.

There are people that have estimate that the plague started after some fool brought this red crystal to civilization thinking of it as some treasure.

“Well our work is done… “
“What about the mages? These bodies are still not cleansed.” One of the man asked as he thought it was unwise to leave the bodies alone before burning them and as normal fire cannot do the work as the plague crystals in the body will just absorb the fire and grow bigger.

“Hah! No need to fear… animals by instinct stay away from these diseases. There is no one foolish enough to approach it before the mages arrive.” The man answered his colleague as he didn’t want to stay near the bodies any longer.

“Well if you say so..”

****

“Wha… where am I?” A young boy around 17 years of age got up from the pile of corpses. With dark red eyes that made him almost blind and weak-thin body that caused him to wobble and fall down on the pile of corpses again. This young man was mostly covered in bandages and the areas that were exposed had some red crystals poking out of his skin that may make a person’s skin crawl.

“*Fucc….*blegch …” The young man wanted to curse but mouth started gagging as the smell from the surrounding burnt and decomposing bodies filtered through his nose. It was nauseating and revolting smell that the young man has never experienced in his life. He wanted to vomit, but besides few hard and dry objects that were in reality crystals, nothing came out.

‘Where the heck did I end up?’ This young man’s real name was Urnabh Gyatri, a middle-age man with an average life and a take-away business. Most of Urnabh’s life has remained average besides a few accidents here and there that is also in some sense all part of the circle called life.

He remembered that last night he was close to having one of those accidents. From accident he meant to be drunk and started soul searching behind his car steering on the highway at 160kmph.

‘Just where did I rammed my car.’ As this thought reverberated in his mind.

<Welcome to Opportunity Adventurer>

Name: Shatter Glass
Species: Human/Crystallization
Class: None
Level:0
Health: 23[100]
Stamina: 12[30/100]
Auxiliary Energy: 0[Not awakened]

Stats:-
Str:1 Dex:3 Cons:1 Int:3 Wis:2 Spr:1

Skills:-
None

Status:-
<Jade Crystallization><Gene Degeneration><Necrosis>

Exp: 0
PP(Potential Points):
5
FSP(Free Stat Points): 5


<Time left till Beta players arrive: 3Y:8M:4D>

<Warning: Due to clash between the Player and Native template. The right to resurrect has been deleted.>

<Compulsory Quest: Live for more than 10 days>
You are infected with an unknown disease that causes complete crystallization of blood in the body and this disease may take your life if you don’t deal with it soon enough. Survive this fatal disease.

Quest clearing conditions:
1: Cure yourself from the unknown disease
2: Survive the crystallization
3: Find the cure for the unknown disease

Time Limit: 10days
Failure to complete the quest: Death

“Maybe I am dead...” Shatter Glass mused as his red eyes bawled at the ridiculous screen that appeared in front of his eyes.
"Or I will be soon enough!"

 

 

This is a non-compulsory info dump that I am leaving here to make you guys understand the how the stats work in my novel. I am doing this because putting them in the novel/story will just ruin the flow of the novel as nobody likes info dump. 
You guys can ignore it if you want.


Potential Point: Help in imprinting the knowledge in the players mind automatically.
FSP: are just free stat that can be added into whatever stat you like.
Exp: is used as the fuel and currency in almost every single level up of all things related to player.


Each stat has a multiplier/Modifier that functions and multiplies/Modifies in support of other stats.
Beside the initial boost and energy each stat provides… they are enhanced by merging with other stats as all the stats in one way or another support each other.

These are physical stats:-
Str=Strength defines the tensile strength of muscles
Dex= Dexterity defines how fast your muscles can move
Cons=Constitution defines how much vitality and meat is up in your body

StrXDex= Attack
StrXCons= Defense
ConsXDex= Stamina

These are metaphysical Stats:-
Int: Intelligence describes the amount of calculations you can do in a minute
Wis: Wisdom describes your understanding to new knowledge and information
Spr: Spirit determines the strength of will and enhances the ability to communicate with Special energies

IntXSpirit= Mana
WisXSpirit= Mental Fortitude
IntXWis= [Locked- Requires specific skill to utilise]

There are MetaPhysicalXPhysical Modifiers too… but they require specialized skills to unlock
And guys…

12