Chapter 3
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

After a while, My face that I previously hid was revealed. The parchment I was examining was a contract, And it contained a few things that may cause some complications in the future.

"Guardsman!", I called out and every guard present looked at me. "You! The one by the door. Can you fetch Mrs. Goodwin? Tell her I need her for some important paperwork."

I wasn't exactly inside my real office, I was in a reception room, so there was a lot guards present. Why? Because there was a musky smell in there. Thankfully, I've always stored every paperwork I have inside a closet, Otherwise there would have been unwanted material splattered on them.

It took half an hour before Mrs. Goodwin arrived.

"Uhm... Sir Anrirworth...?", She timidly entered through the door. "I'm very sorry I took so long. I was already heading somewhere before the guard called me..."

Mrs. Goodwin, A married woman with a short stature and plump body. She wasn't exactly fat; She was plump in all the right places. She entered through with her hands held near her thighs and her head lowered down as she looked at me.

"That's fine, actually.", I said. "I have alot of paperwork stacked, as you can see. They kept me company."

I beckoned her to sit in one of the many couches inside this room; She sat near the furthest seat.

'Ah-! Come on, That may be convenient for you, but it isn't for me. Well, That's fine.'

"Mrs. Goodwin, I have this contract from someone. It might cause us some trouble.", I said. "Would you read it for me, Please?"

She darted her eyes around and eventually sat in the couch infront of me. 'That's great.'

She skimmed over the contract as I gave it to her.

"I-I see now...", She looked at with a forced smile and droplet of sweat. "You're not breaking off business ventures with them are you..?"

The paper works I have on my desk are mostly just reports and things that require my signature for confirmation. My subordinates are the ones handling contracts and such. However, I still take contracts on from time to time.

'This contract here was just unfortunate that it ended up with me'

"Nope, We're not.", I stood from my seat. "We do have alternatives, but I say we still keep them."

The contract's contents was just a deal that permitted us to use the dealer's facilities. However, There was a problem. Minor Misspellings are fine, but not if they can undermine a written deal. We also don't tolerate grammatical errors no matter how minor they may be. You know where I'm going with this right?

The contract was riddled with grammatical errors and major spelling mistakes. This thing reeked with loud and needless arguments.

"I'm going to pay them a visit and consult everything there.", I said. "You two, We're heading out.", I called out to my two bodyguards.

"H-huh? Are you sure?", She asked. "I-I'm one of the overseers for this project, Shouldn't I be the one to do it?"

That's right. I assigned her as one, Although that isn't entirely her job. She was capable and versatile, Although annoyingly meek. But, her most important factor would be how she knew when to mind her own business. My naivety ate me

Now, if only those overseers my father snuck inside here would take her as an example.

I turned to her as I wore a leather coat.

"Well, An overseer makes sure a job is done properly.", My legs approached the exit as I talked. "I would recommend you keep doing your job as is. I wouldn't want another contract like this to go by unnoticed."

"Understood, Sir."

_Silk

The howled as it lifted every thing that couldn't withstand its power. The dust on the streets, That fine lady's skirt, and the straw of those thatched roofs.

'W-wait a second! Red string panties?! How bold...!'

"Allegor?", Namiko called out. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing.", I straightened my gaze forwards into the street.

I know this territory was built by the coast, but is the wind really strong enough to lift a lady's skirt in the middle of a cityscape? Did someone fire a stray wind spell again?

"Liar.", Saminah said as she rested her head on her raised arms. "You're thinking of that lady, aren't you?"

"What? No.", I said. "I was just thinking about the physics of aerodynamics."

Saminah, Who was behind me, Jumped into my view and glared.

"You're our employer so I don't mind it, but...", She suddenly stared into my eyes. "... you won't forget your responsibility, won't you?

My eyes immediately stuck to hers and tried to struggle away.

"Augh! S-stop that!", I shook my head and repeatedly blinked away. "Fine! I won't look up anybody's skirt anymore!"

"How about mine?", Namiko looked at me with earnest glinted eyes.

"Is that even a skirt?", I looked at her.

Namiko currently wore her scarf along with a strange shortened robe. Its crimson fabric was woven with elegant floral designs and ornaments.

I remember the time when I first met her. She wore a pair of baggy pants with a mithril plated leather vest. It wasn't until she asked me to buy her multiple rolls of silk that this changed. I was very keen on wooing her back then, But I incredibly regretted buying it for her. High quality Mothra silk isn't exactly cheap.

However, A few days later, my regret completely disappeared. She showed me a beautifully sewn robe-like clothing. It was made of silk and all I could do was stare at it in awe. It was a strange choice for clothing, but it was the best woven art I have ever seen. The one she currently wore was most likely a variant of it.

"You're blanking out, You said we were going somewhere, didn't you?", Saminah said.

"!?Y-yes.", I said as my body jumped up in shock. "Let's all continue on our way."

"You didn't answer my question though..."

There goes an attempt to add more dialogue to them. They're going to turn into stale fanservice characters if I don't do anything, so please expect more of them in the future.

 

0