Proposal
1k 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the Shaman left the tent. It was time for Miguel to avidly question Toto of everything he knew to confirm his thoughts.

Miguel weakly tried to put himself on a sitting position and Toto supported him.

Miguel spoke after re-positioning himself.

"Toto, you said we are friends?"

Toto tilted his head, he thought of how weird Miguel had been acting so far. But he still politely replied after some thought. "Yes?"

"Would you go to a war with me?"

"Huh?" Toto was startled.

"Era of Conquest you say?" Miguel said while firmly grasping his hands, forming a knuckle punching stance.

"If I can Conquer all the islands close to these place, will you help me do it?" Miguel stared at Toto's gleaming eyes, then at a distance, dreamily envisioning the conquest of this islands.

Toto squinted his eyes, his brows knitted closely. It was a shock to hear those audacious words from Miguel. Clearly he can't hide the surprised look in his face and upon seeing his reaction, Miguel casually displayed a faint smile.

And his line of sight moved back again, directly to Toto's eyes, re-asserting his resolve of actually doing it.

Toto contemplated for a while, then slowly nods and replied,

"If there comes a day that my friend Argus were to have the chance to conquer lands...

I, someone of the lowly class: the Alipins and nothing but only a son of a lowly Alipin, would definitely swore his allegiance and would definitely help Argus to the most of my capabilities!"

Miguel smiled, he did not expect that this son of a slave that he slowly had a warm impression with, were this loyal to him. But then again, he thought that Toto is just loyal to him because he had the body of Argus.

Memories came flashing by, he remembered those days when he was still the General, commanding an entire fleet of troops, soldiers who were brave, whom he taught so well in battle.

And the strategies of ways to defeat their enemies.

He suddenly closed his eyes to relish those memories. He appeared solemn in Toto's eyes.

Looking back he really had many accomplishments including soldiers whom he treated as family.

In his relished memories...

He appeared gallant, tall and mighty!

Wearing his ceremonial clothes, adorned with golden badges—honors of victory placed neatly at his uniform. Together with his well trained troops, marching forward in a grand entrance while the marching band triumphantly sounded the trumpets.

The Flag bearer proudly raised their nation's coat of arms and the seal was there for everyone to see. It was a sight to behold! During that moment, it was a march after they returned from a successful repelling of invasion against the small coalition of terrorist forces.

....

Then another moment flashed...

Just like how Toto had pledge his allegiance to him just now, he immediately recalled a scene of a moment which would forever be etched in his memories.

"I, John Maxwell, swore my allegiance to you: Golden General, Miguel Santos. I am deeply moved by your unwavering tenacity and your wit in battle. With me around any despair would be eliminated at the front of your enemies and be your loyal guard by your side.  "

The voice was crisp and loud, it was a heartfelt fealty.

"Raise your head, John Maxwell. I accept your fealty, starting today on-wards I hereby recommend you as my Lieutenant General!"

The man with burly figure bowed deeply.

Then it was the start of his many conquest which further shook the continents.

If Miguel was the light, John was his shadow.  Since then, they always appeared together in the battlefield.

...

After quite some thought, Miguel slowly opened his eyes.

Toto had been staring at him for a while, he could not help but to think that aside from Miguel acting different and weird from before, the Argus in front of him felt like more mature and sometimes more composed than before. Well, except for his occasional questions which made out of sense to him.

And Miguel on the other hand were still absorbed in his thoughts.

"Hmmm ... Command and conquer, the era of Conquest? I think this is the time before the revolution of new civilization begun; this is the time before my country were colonized and influenced by those filthy foreigners! Did I travel back in time with a different body? This is so surreal!"

Putting his thoughts aside he then spoke to Toto brimming with confidence

"I hereby declare Toto as my Right hand and together we will conquer those lands, I will teach you the ways of battle and will guarantee you that we will emerge us Victorious!"

Toto scratched his head, at first he just went along with that pledge of fealty he made. He once saw a burly man doing a pose and uttering a similar line of words in front of the Alipin's Grounds and thought it was cool. That is why, when Miguel asked him a silly question with a serious face, he can't help but to try. But now he witnessed how Miguel seemed resolute in actually conquering those lands.

And he let out a boisterous laugh. "Pffft! Haha these sounds funny haha"

Toto can't help but to laugh, surely this type of train of thought surprised him as well as the declaration of being his right hand in conquering lands, he even thought that maybe Miguel haven't recovered yet, or maybe he had hit his head too hard to think like this. But he could only raise his face, trying not to laugh and asked Miguel how they would do it. Looking at the situation they are in now.

"Err uhmm Argus, I admire your confidence and your determined expression but how are we going to do that, we are Alipins? If you want to do that were still held as slaves"

Miguel smirked.

"Who said that we will remain as slaves forever? There are a lot of ways to become free!"

Toto again was surprised if this came to another person he might not believe it but now it came from the mouth of his friend Argus, his friend that came from a royal descendant of a conquered tribe.

Toto thought–Probably, he wants to enact vengeance against his captors. 

Toto could say that Argus is knowledgeable far from him and if only the Alipins knew how to be freed they will do everything for it just to be freed.

So Toto asked "How are we going to be freed from slavery?"

Argus smiled

"The first option I could think about is if there is a war, some alipins were expected to join the war and help the warriors of that Datu. We could then exhibit our capabilities and then gain the trust of the people on this tribe."

After experiencing the life of Argus, Miguel now had a vague idea of how their hierarchy works. Adding that to his previous knowledge of managing a military that's the safest he could think of.

Toto smiled wryly excited by the words coming from Argus, he never thought to be freed from slavery and he wondered about the things he can do once he became free.

Becoming free never crossed his thought but now Miguel is telling him that he can be freed like it's no big deal, making it sound as easy and simple but he still have other qualms about it.

And got curious for the other ideas that Miguel might have.

"What are the other options you could think of?"

Miguel smiled wickedly "The other way is to seize the control from the Datu of this Tribe"

He sneered inwardly "Now, I need more information."

Then Miguel asked the dazed Toto "How is my proposal?"

 

=======

....

.

.

.

To Be Continued...

1