Chapter 0: The Participation Trophy
1.4k 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Note: This story will be rebooted later. The entire 170 chapters after this will be treated as a background lore in the new novel thank you

from the Sloth

”Once upon a time… Who’s kidding? It is the same story then and forever.”

A woman spoke on the platform floating among the teeming sea of stars. In front of her was an innocent doll labelled ’Walt’. To sate her boredom, the woman continued to address the imaginary audience.

”Since the dawn of the multiverse, battles reign between order and chaos, Good and Evil, freedom and oppression. It's battle between the forces holding two perspectives. Such is a way of the universe.”

The woman narrated.

”The powers from those battle created the multiverse. By the Law of Moment, the worlds and energy gravitated at the multiversal center to create a central pot containing everything. Whether it be a unique realm of giant war robots, races like elves and demons, several laws of superpower from magic to cultivation, You name it; they have it. That place is Phantasia, the Multiverse realm that connected to every world. Even now more world continued to be merged to it, defying every label ever impose upon its concept.”

The woman giggled.

”Isn't it a perfect setting for storytelling? My particular plan just kick-started when Earth got assimilated to Phantasia an hour ago.”

The woman calmed down and started playing with the doll, her voice turning softer with every word.

”There will always be factional war threatening Phantasia. There will always be an injustice plaguing the land and the innocent cowering beneath the heel of the dictator.”

In the distant sky, a region of stars dimmed much to the woman’s distress.

”And there are always a bunch of world-destroying predators who wants to destroy everything because their DNA told them too. Know some self-control freaks. If it is the fight you want, make sure to book your hospital bed beforehand.”

The woman spoke toward the rumbling darkness.

Then she looked at the ’walt’ doll.

”Phantasia is a horrible place, but despair exist alongside hope. There is always a chance as long as hope remains. But faith alone isn't enough for this fight. We need people who smart enough to make a miracle with minimal information. People who won’t abandon the mission no matter how hard it is.”

”The difficulty is to gather and invest in them, ” the woman told the doll. ”Thankfully, time is the only thing we have.”

Down in the sand of Phantasia, a young boy with brunette-hair woke up in the middle of clear skies.

It was the beginning of a long war.

23