Chapter 7: hunting exam (2)
123 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The instant that Luna heard Wulan shout she turned around. To her surprise and shock she saw a black dagger coming straight at her. 

She swiftly turned to the right and the black dagger barely scratched her. They both turned to their lines of sight into the direction where the dagger came from. 

They saw 5 young men standing there firmly, the one in the front suddenly spoke up. His posture clearly showed that it was him who threw the dagger at her.

"Luna, my love, how are you doing? Hehe."

"Sunirrr!!!"

Luna shouted at the man who was clad with purple clothes. Her tone seemed to carry disdain and even a bit of hatred towards this man.

'Sunir? Isn't that the son of the black poison clan master? If I remember correctly this man proposed to Luna many times but she rejected him every time.'

Wulan thought..

"Oh, I'm flattered that you seem to care so much about me, that you would even raise your beautiful voice. But don't yell too much, I wouldn't want my Luna to have a hoarse voice. However, right now I would worry more about my injuries if I were you."

Sunir spoke up while laughing, his tone was that of a maniac. Well, what else would one expect from a young master from one of the 5 top clans in Gore city and specifically a poison master.

"Heh, this little scratch can't even bother a normal human. How do you expect it to work against me."

Luna was right, but something bothered him very much, the confident attitude of this scumbag. Wulan searched through his memory about this kid.

'His name is Sunir, one of the geniuses of Gore city. He reached third level novice martial arts at age of 15, his peers weren't able to compare to him only Luna was.'

He loved Luna so much he proposed to her many times however she rejected him at all occasions.

 He would usually bully Wulan because Luna spent more time with Wulan and this fact alone made him very jealous, but the kid was trash who couldn't even match a normal person, so how could he compare himself to Sunir, the genius of this generation? 

'"Only I am worthy of Luna" Or something like that crap is probably what this scum is thinking…'

Suddenly Luna, who was standing there sturdily a moment ago, fell to the ground. She had no injuries beside that little scratch of the black dagger.

Wulan was startled by Luna's fall but immediately jumped to her side. He touched her heart to check her condition. 

He saw that from scratch in the left arm something was spreading through her body. Her veins were turning dark and her face was already pale.

"Powred fin poison"!

He suddenly shouted when he saw the symptoms. Powred fin poison was an extremely dangerous poison in the lower ranks of cultivation. 

Whoever got struck by it would be crippled, no doubt this was the Powred fin poison. Wulan accumulated 500 years of poison knowledge, he understood poison more than any normal poison user. 

"Oh, you could tell that it was the Powred fin poison? This trash must have studied a bit about poisons while he was not able to advance in his cultivation."

The young man behind Sunir spoke up in a voice that could be heard from meters away. He was trying to embarrass Wulan more by raising his voice.

'Why is this idiot raising his voice? If others found out that they attacked us… no wait, attacking is completely within the set rules and they wouldn't dare to attack Sunir. Never mind that this trash's talk is unimportant. Luna is poisoned and at this rate her essence will be crippled, even her life could be in danger if things would go really bad.'

Although all of them hid it, when they saw Wulan in the academy they were shocked. He used 7 years just to reach 2nd level, while normal cultivators in Gore city could do it less than 2-3 years.

 They didn't even expect him to be there, especially since he was beaten half to death yesterday.

"Why did you attack Luna?"

Wulan turned around and sternly glared at the 5 young men. His eyes were filled with killing intent, he wanted to kill them right now but he was already restraining himself.

If he had his old strength, he could obliterate the poison immediately but he couldn't.

"Hahaha" Sunir chuckled like a maniac. The people who use poison are said to be closest to demons.

 "Why do you ask? There is no harm telling you since you're gonna die here. If Luna was crippled she would become a trash just like you and instead of pursuing the path of Magus, she would have to look for a husband strong enough to protect her family."

Wulan was enraged by his words. 'You risked her life, poisoned her, potentially destroying her future and all that just to force her to marry you?! I, Wulan swear that: You. - Won't. - Leave. - Alive!' 

But that had to wait for a bit, because he could already see that the poison spread through Luna's body and her condition worsened, he couldn't waste time on something as unimportant as the life or death of Sunir.

 He searched through the knowledge from his past life to find a cure for Luna…  Wulan suddenly started walking towards the 5 people and said with a calm face:

"Do you have a Viper light beast's heart with you?"

{author: we changed the Beast's name from Blue light beast ~~ Viper light beast..}

The 5 people were stunned, they thought Wulan would come begging on his knees. But they instead got a weird question from him. 

"Huh? Why should we carry around a Viper light beast's heart?"

Wulan was a little disappointed, within the Central Star continent. Low rank poison masters would usually carry at least one Viper light beast heart in case they need it to save someone or especially themselves.

The current him couldn't suck out the poison from her body. However, with the help of the Viper's heart he could heal Luna without needing much Qi, the problem here was that he couldn't find such a heart anywhere around.

....

In the south side of the forest, Nana and her two friends were slowly walking. They had been looking for a beast for quite a while but couldn't find one.

"Ahh, Nana I think we should've gone to the west or east side. This place has no beasts around."

The young girl behind Nana whined. By now many people in other locations found a couple beasts and fought over it. 

They however, still couldn't find a single one, it seemed as if the whole south side of the forest was quiet. It was like something was scaring the beasts away.

"Stop whining and keep on moving, we can't go back now. We might find a couple of beasts if we go further."

Nana shouted at the girl behind her, she was acting all bossy. She was their leader so it wouldn't mean much if she did, but she had a cruel arrogant tone within her voice.

They moved deeper and deeper into the southside of the forest. After a couple minutes of walking they came to a stop at a cave that was 6 feets tall.

"Earth beasts usually hide in caves; we might find one of them here." Nana spoke with the tone that was emphasizing her great wisdom.

They didn't spare a second chatting and instead ran straight into the cave. When they were 2 meters into the cave, the young girl on the left side screamed.

"Aaaahhhh"

Before she could finish her screaming Nana held the mouth of the young girl and forcefully silenced her. 

The expressions of the girls were ashen, they were trembling all over and great fear was clearly the emotion they both felt at the moment they both stood there, not daring to move.

In front of them was a giant python that had a stench of bloody poison around it and two deadly fangs could be seen, those were the sources of most of the poisonous smell.

 It also had horns on its head like a rhino, they didn't look out of place, rather, they looked very imposing and intimidating. Its eyes were shut like he was having a nap, even though the girl screamed loudly, he didn't seem to have noticed it.

They stood there like statues, their eyes filled with horror and they couldn't even turn around to run. Their legs were shaking just from looking at the figure of this terrifying beast.

"W-w-what, what is that- that- that thing? It's size is far too big for a level 2 beast."

The right girl whispered while shaking all over. Her lips trembled and her voice was barely audible, she didn't dare to be any louder out of fear she could wake up that monster. She had never in her life seen such a terrifying beast, all the other girls were the same. 

"N-no w-w-way, in Ranuing Forest there are only level 2 beasts. How? how? how could it be, how could there be such a m- m- mmmonster?"

The left girl, who screamed, was stuttering even more than the last girl. Then Nana who had a pale face said in a low voice that the girls could only faintly hear. 

"Vigar light beast..."

"What? No way a 6th level beast vigar light..."

The girls were both astonished and terrified by the name Nana said. They knew how big Nana's knowledge was, they would believe her every word without even thinking about it a second time.

 It's just they were scared to wits right now. They were so terrified that they rejected it because if what Nana had said was true, then… their legs were shaking and it seemed like they couldn't hold on anymore. 

"Rmhghm"

The Viper light beast's nose twitched, twitched again. It looked like it was smelling something.

The three girls were terrified to their very core once it moved its nose.  'Noooo it's going to eat us! We will die!!!'

They never experienced such a life threatening situation, they lived comfortably under their parents guidance and care, they lived a happy life without any worries. 

But now, right in front of them was a beast that could end their lives the moment it woke up...

After a few times of sniffing its nose the Viper light beats slowly opened its eyes. 

"""Aaaaaahhhh!!!""" 

All three of the girls screamed loudly, yet the beast paid no attention to them at all. It was looking somewhere outside of the cave.

Viper light beasts could smell high quality poison from miles away. They loved to eat poison, whenever they eat strong poison their own poison would absorb it and thus get refined into an even more deadly weapon.

While the three girls were screaming with their eyes closed the viper light eft the cave with an amazing speed.

As they all opened their eyes, they were astonished that they were still alive. 

"W….we  are still alive? T-the viper light d-didn't k-kill us!"

Nana said with a greatly relieved look, the others were relieved too.

"Why did it suddenly run to the north though?"

The girl on the left said while holding her chest, her heart was still hammering and she felt as if she could get a heart-attack at any moment.

.....

In the north side a young delicate girl laid on the ground, while 6 men were standing in the near vicinity around her. 1 was right next to her and the other 5 were a bit of distance away.

Sunir, who was specialized in daggers, surprisingly took out a long whip. The whip gave off a poisonous stench, it was a weapon made out of a poison itself, rather, it was the tail of a poisonous beast which was made into a whip.

If it touched any normal person it could etch away their skin or kill the person directly.

"Wulan you should feel honored to die by my Norkin whip. I will make sure to tell the examiner that a beast attacked us and you bravely saved us  by sacrificing yourself. Your death will thus have more meaning than your entire life! You should thank me, you know."

'This idiot can't even sense the eyes watching us. It's probably that old man using a 'tellbals' orb to watch what is happening in the forest. Well nobody is stopping me from killing this kid today!'

{Author: nice thoughts wulan -_-}

"Bring it!"

Wulan surrounded his legs with Qi and was ready to jump at Sunir. He was going to attack the arm which held the whip, but suddenly he stopped and his attention obviously shifted to something else. 

"Boom!!" 

"What?!" 

Something slammed right into the middle of Wulan and Sunir. Everyone, except one person, was completely startled by this event and the attention of all the people present focused on one spot.

 The shockwave and dust started to settle down and a giant figure could be seen, it was around 7ft tall, it had a poisonous aura surrounding it, all the people were in a state of shock in front of this gigantic beast. 

"The HELL?!!!"

Sunir shouted while the other 4 were trembling like Nana and the other 2 girls before.

Completely contrary to everyone else Wulan, who was standing there expressionless just a moment ago, suddenly had a big smile on his face. 

His eyes were sparkling and he felt like he met his great savior. 

"Viper light beast?!"

{author: I just made a discord server: pls support us by joining it:https://discord.gg/5DJkVKm : you might get updated in chapters faster in the server then webnovel..._.}

                

                                       To be continued.

4